The 3-Day Rule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
In this day and age of cell phones, text messaging and email....does the three day rule still apply?
The three day rule, made infamous by the movie Swingers, dictates that you have to wait three days before calling someone that you just met to avoid the chance of seeming needy and desparate. Notice there weren't any cell phones in Swingers, only home phones! Aaaand, Heather Graham's character breaks down and calls the very next day with no ill effect. Also, not for nothing, but anyone that does mysteriously call me on the third day seems to scream out that that is exactly what 'game' they were playing. So what do we think? Does it still apply? If a guy was truly interested does he still delay contact to seem cooler? What do girls think?

Carek1230 said:
I think the three day rule should apply.

What's so scandolous bout two days? I'm just asking cause three days...I mean it's an established rule so I guess following it could be uber predictable. But then calling too late, like a week later, well the window of oppurtunity may pass. I'm just trying to figure this all out.

starsgoblue said:

What's so scandolous bout two days? I'm just asking cause three days...I mean it's an established rule so I guess following it could be uber predictable. But then calling too late, like a week later, well the window of oppurtunity may pass. I'm just trying to figure this all out.

Try having someone wait three weeks. :rolleyes: :down:

starsgoblue said:
I always get the number in exchange for mine (makes it fair I think)...except for this time & I hate staring at the damn phone willing it to ring! :angry: *lame*

Three weeks?! WTF April. :down:

After the fourth day I pretty much wrote him off.

Then when he called he explained he'd gone on vacation (he was a schoolteacher) and I politely said maybe we could go out another time.

Then I heard from him again after the Detroit U2 shows.... He said he'd been thinking of me. :lame:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
oh that is another one that bothers me. They haven't bothered to call you in a while and out of the blue they appear and give you the "I've been thinking about you" line. :down:

ooh wow the evening I post this I get a message from the biggest culprit of all. :|

now now Phanan, you know my journal would be littered with updates.

If I want to spend time with someone, I don't wait 3 days. If they can't deal with that, then I guess "it just wasn't meant to be"

semi- :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom