The 3-Day Rule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This whole rules thing is kind of silly, if you ask me.

If someone is really interested in you, she will probably be thrilled if you call the very next day. If she isn't interested in you, waiting three days isn't going to make her any more interested.

I thought this was hysterical so I had to share....

I went out with that other guy and we had a blast. So at the end of the night when he was dropping me off he said, "I had a really great time tonight and want to see you again soon. I don't have to wait three days to call you do I?" :cute: I told him he had better not. :wink:

Your new boyfriend needs to learn how to be cool like the rest of us.

Last edited:
very cool!

I went out with a guy a few days ago who I think abides by the 3-4 day rule and it is annoying me. Or it could be the fact that he showed up last time tipsy and also smokes. :down:

OMG. I went out with a girl friend of mine and I invited the boy. He showed up. Good freakin sign he's a keeper. What's even more funny is the best friend of the past boy was there and he told me to goin be for it. :hyper:

He would have been a lousy best friend of the boy if he had told you otherwise.

Oh, I see. But you were hard to follow for some reason. :hmm:

What does your ex's best friend know about the newbie? :huh:

phanan said:

Ah, gotcha.

As for the 3 day rule, maybe it's different because I'm a guy, but as far as I'm concerned, if I've met someone and we hit it off, if I feel that there's some sort of connection there, I say screw it. Why put yourself through something like that?

We talk a lot about how we hate playing games when it comes to meeting people and relationships. I think this 3 day rule is another one of those games that serves no purpose whatsoever. I'd say go for it. If you find out later that it isn't exactly what you thought it would be, then move on. It may not be easy to do, but it cuts through all the games and gets to the point.

In the long run, I think it makes things easier.

:)

Well said phanan. If you like someone and the chemistry was great, then playing games isn't necessary. And yeah Stars, if a guy calls you in three days, how conformist is that?

I love men who break rules!

I think this rule is BS because if you go out with someone an it seems like you had a great time.. then this rule doesn't apply.

I personally don't want the women to wait 3 days to call me, which is probably why i screwed up my last date... we talked for hours an hours before our date.. great convo, then the date, then KABOOM, no response as usual (its not new to me).. what the hell.

i'm sorry to say this but... i don't think i'll ever understand women as long as i am breathing :|

Back
Top Bottom