Thanks to Mr. Good Samaritan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. BAW

ONE love, blood, life
I confess that my car sustained a high-speed flat tire - not a blowout- on the freeway; I wasn't aware of it until the following.

An open letter to Mr. Good Samaritan -

"A time for Thanks...".

Tonight, my Thanks is to Mr. Good Samaritan - he who raced alongside my car, waving frantically as he tried to match my near 80-mph!!

I admit that I thought you were up to no good as you sped alongside my car, waving frantically. Yes, I first believed that you wanted to race; or was it that you wanted to flip me off for that lousy, unsignaled lane change I made? Were you gonna throw me a gang sign???

You held your speed even as I slowed to get away from you not knowning WTF you wanted - but when you leaned out your driver side window and you motioned to my right rear tire, I knew then that you were my Wingman!

Now, I was in a race to get off the I-10! Crossing over 5 lanes in moderate to heavy LA traffic is no easy chore but Mr. Good Samaritan threw a couple of lane changes to bust me loose!

I made it off the freeway but Mr. Wingman just kept motoring! I didn't even get your name or license #.

To you, Mr. Good Samaritan, whoever and wherever you are, I really want to say Thank you!

Thanks to Mr. Unknown Wingman!

Mr. BAW

***And to make my afternoon commute even easier, AAA was on me within 10 minutes!!!

There was some laughter about the event..I called AAA and they asked if I had a spare; I told her that I had one of those donuts in the trunk...she told me that she'd be sure that their driver brought coffee!

Well, that is indeed fortunate, such flat-tire driving runs the risks of damaging wheel rims, suspension, the whole works... Here's to decent people :raisingmugofhotchocolateinstandardtoaststylesmilie:

Mr. BAW said:

There was some laughter about the event..I called AAA and they asked if I had a spare; I told her that I had one of those donuts in the trunk...she told me that she'd be sure that their driver brought coffee!

:lmao:

I love good samaritans. My husband and I got a flat out in the middle of nowhere and our crowbar sucked and was stripping the bolts. Finally, two vans stopped to help us. The vans were full of two Mexican families who didn't speak much English. They even had little kids with them. Still, they drove us back to our truck (we had started walking to find help), gave us some sodas, and used their crowbar to put our spare tire on our truck. We were so grateful that they stopped to help us.

The spare on my car is IMPOSSIBLE to chamge...well, nearly. It's incredibly difficult--I can't to it myself (I can for the other cars but the hubcars won't pop off my tires. My dad's advice? "If you have a flat honey, pull over, let your hair down. Guys always want to help out the damsel in distress. Then make sure you CALL me."

:|

HeartlandGirl said:
I love good samaritans. My husband and I got a flat out in the middle of nowhere and our crowbar sucked and was stripping the bolts. Finally, two vans stopped to help us. The vans were full of two Mexican families who didn't speak much English. They even had little kids with them. Still, they drove us back to our truck (we had started walking to find help), gave us some sodas, and used their crowbar to put our spare tire on our truck. We were so grateful that they stopped to help us.

Your problem may lie in the fact that you were using a crowbar instead of a lug nut wrench.
:wink:

:lol:

Yes! I typed the wrong thing. How about "tire-taker-offer"! I can assure you, we were using the appropriate tool. It just was a piece of crap tool...

:eek:

Aww good on that nice kind stranger for helping you! I hope that comes back on him 10 fold now :) Random acts of kindness are rare in cars these days.
A few months ago I was leaving playgroup and pulled out into the main rd and got stuck at lights being school knock-off time. A 4WD was queued up next to me and I could feel him staring, looking in around the car. Next thing he lept out and before I could switch on the central locking he came up to the passenger window with his hands up then shuffled back to the backseat where Natalie was strapped in and used his hip to slam the door closed properly. I thought he was trying to kidnap my baby but he was doing a very kind thing. I was so grateful and angry at myself for not checking the door was closed in the first place I buttoned down the window and called out a stream of absolute appreciation.

Nice people! :up:

Bono's American Wife said:

Straight from the female fixing thingies on the stupid car dictionary!

:applaud: :laugh:

:laugh:

I cant begin to tell you guys of all the stories my dad has told of how "women" describe what is wrong with their cars, it's hillarious.

adamswildhoney said:

:laugh:

I cant begin to tell you guys of all the stories my dad has told of how "women" describe what is wrong with their cars, it's hillarious.

:yes:

One time my sister told me she was having a problem with her "canooder valve" :confused: :laugh:

I found out later she just made it up :mad:

I talked to my husband about this. He thinks I meant "tire iron." I think I got confused because they're both things that could be potential weapons. :uhoh: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom