Supernatural experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um... let's see. Last year, I was lying in bed, just woken up, and I could feel the body of someone against my back, pushing me to the side of the bed. I swear I saw something (a black shadow with eyes) on my roomate's side of the room, move late at night into his closet. That really freaked me out. I woke up and saw that my clock had turn into a budda, I blinked a couple of times and it turned back into the clock. I was in the dining hall, working on homework, when all of the sudden, I smell red wine very strongly for at lease a couple of minutes. This all happened last year.

I sometimes feel like I've experienced something before it happened. I see auras around some people, but they (the auras) are always clear, I can see the outline of them around the person (it's always one person at a time), but no color, if that makes any sense. I'm empathlic towards people.

Oh, and I spent the night in a haunted house, it was the house of Lizzie Borden, who mudered her father and step-mother, with an hatchet on August 4th, 1892, in Fall River, Mass. There were cold spots in the cellar of the house (it had been turned into Bed and Breakfast/museum of the case) it (the house) looked just like it did on the day of the murders.

Yeah, I think that's about it.

Regina Filangie said:
I'm the one who started this thread, so I guess I should share my own experience. My dad died unexpectedly 4 years ago as a result of complications from what was supposed to be minor outpatient surgery. He and I were always very close and losing him so suddenly and without warning was extremely traumatic. While I'm not convinced there is a life after death, I'm equally unsure that there isn't. A few weeks ago I was getting ready for work and out of nowhere there was the very strong scent of men's cologne-the exact same scent my dad always wore. It lasted for a minute or so and then disappeared. Nobody in the house wears anything that smells even remotely like it. Maybe there is some rational explanation, but I can't come up with one. Anyways, it makes me feel happy to think it might have been my dad.

My mother had a similar experience to this as well. Like many of us, my mother was extremely close to my grandfather, and when he died she was completely devastated. Several months after he died, my mother (who is the most level headed, no-nonsense kind of person) remembers waking up and "smelling" my grandfather. Basically tobacco and those pink canadian mints. She felt someone sit on the edge of the bed. Knowing it was him, she asked him if he was happy, and she heard him answer yes in his own typical way. She says it was a whole new day for her after that, she was able to move on in a sense knowing this.

You'll find these types of experiences never happen to anyone who doesn't believe in the supernatural (me for instance), hence I believe a reasonable explanation is a self fulfilling prohpecy fueled by superstitious beliefs. Interesting read nontheless.

AussieU2fanman said:
You'll find these types of experiences never happen to anyone who doesn't believe in the supernatural (me for instance), hence I believe a reasonable explanation is a self fulfilling prohpecy fueled by superstitious beliefs. Interesting read nontheless.

I'm not sure if you have the show available where you live- but have you ever seen Ghosthunters? It's an investigation team called TAPS that goes into supposedly haunted places with the intentions of disproving a so called haunting, activity, etc. They've found some pretty compelling stuff. TAPS has also exsisted for a very long time before they came on TV, since I've been following what they do for years, so I feel like what they are doing is legit and not played up for TV.

Jeannieco said:

I have had a similar experience, but I believe the technical term for it is night terrors. It's a sleep disorder and usually happens when you are really tired and stressed out. My experience didn't involve a creepy voice or dark image, but it felt like something was holding me down and I couldn't move or wake up, no matter how hard I tried. Scarey feeling.

I had this kind of experience once - I was on an all-night bus alone from Bosnia to Croatia in September and I wasn't sleeping well because I was nervous and crunched into the 2 seats. Anyway I guess I finally fell asleep good because I had this dream/vision of an old lady telling me to get up, get up, and kind of choking me with pressure around my neck and on my chest, but I couldn't do anything about it. Then I woke up and the bus was empty and at the station and I had to scramble to get my stuff together and my shoes on and get off the bus.

But I don't attribute it to anything supernatural, just being tired, sleeping in hostels and on buses, and that subconciously I knew we were there - after I woke up I recalled my feet being jossled as people went by me to get off the bus. Still it was terrifying for however long the lady was choking me in the dream.

I won't say I'm a firm believer in the supernatural, but it's fair to say I'm open to the possibility of it. My father died very unexpectedly & tragically just over a year & a half ago now. I have desparately wanted some kind of 'contact' from him since, but can't say that it's happened. There have been a few incidents that I suppose I could insist were proof of him reaching out to my mom & myself, but I think I'd be making something out of nothing, you know?

I am still desparate for that one definitive event that I couldn't possibly deny as anything else but I'm skeptic enough to think it may never happen because it's simply not possible. :shrug:

It's a difficult subject when you're talking about paranormal activities in relation to a loved one. You know - did you really see Grandma at the foot of your bed saying she felt great now or did your mind just create that vision because you needed it emotionally to deal with her passing?

Regardless, it's an interesting thread.

Last edited:
Nothing has ever happened to me, but I truly believe. I watch the shows, and I've always been interested in what its like to have it happened. Sometimes I guess I kind of hear my grandpa, but thats usually because I'm thinking of his voice.

Sometimes when I'm watching ghost shows, I get really scared and nervous, you know like for the person experiencing it. Some of your guys' stories was really amazing. I'd be so scared though. If anyone ever dies in my family, which someone has, I'd hope to feel a prescence near me like some of you. It would be freaky, but comforting to know they're with you. Please, if you have stories, keep posting. I'm really interested and this is something that always makes me take a second to think. :up:

6freddyjackson.jpg

made me go stone cold, shivvering now.

Overall they not the best pics ive seen.
The 1st picture is probs the most famous one along with the car picture.

AMAZING NONE THE LESS.

It took me 3 looks to see the figure in the backseat of the car. I found them all creepy, even though I doubt the presence of ghosts. To me, it's all like God; I just dont know. Can't commit to one view either way.

I've never had an experience, and it's not for lack of believing or trying!

The closest I've come are two photographs given to my by a friend. I've always been interested in the paranormal and photographing the paranormal. IMO, the only unexplainable photos I've ever seen are certain "vortex ghost" photos where the vortex passes through an object in the photo. I have several fake vortex photos caused by a hair or fiber on the camera lens. Anyway, in October of 2001 I went on a relief trip to NYC to help the Red Cross sort all the donations pouring in after Sept. 11. On our last day, we went into Manhattan to pay tribute. We went down to Ground Zero and such. When we got back a friend was showing me her photos and said some did not turn out. One of them showed a white vortex passing through a person from our group. In another shot, looking down a street to Ground Zero, there were to black vortices where the towers used to stand. Like I said, these photos are easy to make, but I still find it rather creepy that two would show up in place of the World Trade Center!

Why are dogs/pets more perceptible to these experinces than us ?

My mum and my dog were watching ' Most Haunted' on friday ( the show is a ghost investigation program ) and the medium was contacting the otherside and my dog when nuts and ran outside.

Dogs can not see the TV because they can not see the dimensions or something, so what spooked my dog?.

Ok...here's a photo i took a few years back at Pt Arthur, which back in the 1800's was a prison where convicts were sent from the UK mainly to Australia.
It is apparently haunted by many ghosts, and i had to admit that doing the night time ghost tour was a little spooky...but...I was VERY surprised when i got my photos from this trip developed...

353706228_4420cbd2c0.jpg

Do you see anything?

I'm not going to tell you what I see until Ive got a few comments.

There was NO trick photography involved, and there was nothing that could have been reflecting either - the wall of the building behind was all stone.

Yeah ive checked and will post it when my dam photo bucket account is working, ive got 3 things i seen.

The guy I live with has a window in his bedroom that is continually being opened. It opens to the outside, but you couldn't open it this way from the outside, i.e. the latch has been properly released and turned from the inside every time. To open it from the outside you would need to break it, or really give it a good wedge to the point of doing obvious damage. It most definitely is not someone playing a prank. This thing is old (1930's house) and heavy, and takes a healthy amount of strength to push upwards and open. It has happened when we are both at home, and both in the same room as each other (not the bedroom) and have both checked that the window is closed and sealed properly, checked again (closed), checked again (closed), checked again (wide open). I have never believed this kind of stuff before, or have at least believed that there has to be some more grounded explanation to these stories, however this window has us both completely stumped. We've thought about it from every angle, every possibility, and the thing just keeps on opening itself when there is absolutely no force of nature that could be doing it, no error within the window system itself. It's one of those big old heavy wooden windows that over age has tightened right up and really requires a bit of strength to open, and it appears to be doing it on it's own every now and then within an hour or so of it being closed and clamped shut. Can't think of any logical explanation at all.

Yes, both of us have thought of really testing it, like chaining it shut or something, but are both a little wussy. We probably will one day if we think of it when we're drunk.

Last edited:
it might be my flat panel screen, but i cant see anything in the glare of the white bit. is this where you can see the face, mandy?

Maybe, it definately looks clearer on the actual photo - or maybe I've just looked at the photo so many times that I've convinced myself there's a face there!! Although I have showed it to people at work without telling them anything about the pic and they've seen the face too - spooky :)

Well well well. My friends and I have done the whole Ghost Hunting thing for a while now, about 8 years to be exact.

Our best experiences have been at the Rispin Mansion in Soquel,CA which is near Santa Cruz, CA. I have a few stories I will share about the place.

The first time we went, we brought along our equipment and I was taking the photos :)wink: ) well one of my friends said wouldn't it suck if one of the ghosts was behind me. So we took the film to be developed and when we got it back, all our Jaws dropped.:ohmy: This is the only photo
ghost.jpg
that I was able to save by taking it's picture. As you can see there is a white mist near the top window of the place. It was a pretty warm night and we were pretty far from the beach.
There was another photo that my friend is trying to find where that same white mist is actually hovering over his shoulder.

Another time we took my cousin with us. This time it was my friend, cousin and I. Well we saw a bunch of Wicca writing on the wall telling the spirits to go home and other stuff. So it was pretty quite and we decided to leave. We went around the other side of the place, when we heard some one yell "Bill" (My friends name) really loud from the spot we just came from. We looked at each other and ran.

Last but not least. We brought my friend friend who practices magic and he told us to sit on the patio ground and when he was reciting some prayer we heard footsteps around us and someone ran there fingers on my neck and my friend had scratch marks on his arm.

Here is a map of the place where we have seen stuff.
rispin-draw.gif

A picture taken by someone else
rispin06-perry.jpg
off of http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/history/rispin-mansion.htm

Back
Top Bottom