stress makes me do stupid things.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
yesterday i was so stressed out, i locked the car door, with my keys in there.

twice.

in one day.

:|

It happens to the best of us, sobering though it is.

If it were me, the stress of locking them in there twice probably would have caused me to lock them in there a third time. :wink:

icelle said:
yesterday i was so stressed out, i locked the car door, with my keys in there.

twice.

in one day.

:|

I locked mine in the car a couple of weeks ago. I haven't done that in ages.

And yeah I had to call a locksmith. Cost me $35. :( And had to wait over an hour for him to arrive. The workers at the shop I waited in for him to arrive were sure I was up to no good. How embarrassing. :reject:

For Honor said:
I'm glad I'm not that way.

good luck

You'll have your turn. After all I haven't locked my keys in my car in probably your entire lifetime. Shit happens to the best of us.

For Honor said:

good luck

:eyebrow:

Are you being serious?

Don't you have like 4893723 threads around here about love or something?

That causes you to talk about it all over the place here. Stress makes Cell lock her keys in her car.

:shrug:

U2democrat said:
I'm a pretty absent-minded person, so i'm paranoid about locking my keys in the car.

Stress though, :down: It sucks for everyone.

I've made a routine when I get out of my car to help me make sure everything is as it should be before I lock it and leave. It's somethink I've been doing for decades and with only rare exceptions (like a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes: ) it works.

I can't lock my keys in my car without making a big effort. My car is designed so I have to lock up the driver's side door with the key. The door unlocks when you shut it, so you have to use your key to lock it.

And I have two spare keys in my purse.

:hug: Icelle :hug:

i've started carrying my car key separate from the rest of my keys.
first of all it makes it easier to give it to the mechanic when you take your car in to get checked.
and 2nd if i do lock my car keys in the car there is a good chance i'd still have my house keys in my purse.
that way i can either walk home or get someone to give me a ride and get my spare car key.

If you are a member of AAA (Auto Association) you can get a free copy of your car key made and it will allow you access to your car but won't start it..... I keep that separate from my carkeys and wallet in case I absentmindedly lock my keys in my car. That's only happened to me ONCE....

When I first started driving, I locked the keys in about 5 times. No fun for my Dad to keep coming to rescue me with his spare key! Stress is a pain in the arse. :hug:

The last time I locked my keys in the car (not this most recent time, but the one before that) I also left the car running.... :ohmy:

Nothing quite like having every idiot in town laughing at you and continuing to laugh at you for several months afterwards every time they saw you to make you very aware of where your keys are at all times. :grumpy:

indra said:
The last time I locked my keys in the car (not this most recent time, but the one before that) I also left the car running.... :ohmy:
i've done that :reject:

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Don't you have like 4893723 threads around here about love or something?

That causes you to talk about it all over the place here.

............. I'm not going to disagree with that, I suppose.... yet I don't understand what you are trying to say there.

?

====
====
====

I suppose my comment was rather curt. It wasn't intended to be malicious, though. My apologies

Techie2000 said:
I wish I had a car to lock keys in...

But yes, stress is bad. It made my accidentally ship something to my friends address instead of mine...

Yikes!

Hope it wasn't a sex toy. :D

I feel your pain:hug:
Last week I had to go pick my dog up from getting cleaned, and after ,I stopped to get gas. I left the keys in the ignition, I filled up the car and went to open the door, and my dog had locked the door. I checked all the other doors praying that one of the other doors was unlocked.........nope.

I tried calling 911, telling them that it was an emergency my dog was suffocating in the car, and i needed someone to come open the door. They told me to call the fire department. I called them and they told me that they could only break the window, so I resorted to calling a lock smith, and they charged me 60$.

I think I cause myself stress.......

where's a fuck off and die smilie when you need one...

For Honor said:

good luck

lets see....

1. my mom was in the hospital for over a week because of a severe asthma attack.

2. i saw my father for the first time in 15 years this past 2 days.

3. they're staying at my grandma's house, who im not speaking to at the moment. but thats ok, im glad to have FINALLY seen him, his wife, and my half sister.

4. not to mention i've been working nonstop, trying to make the most of the visits WHILE keeping my distance from the grandma even tho she's plugging daisy with all kinds of money to buy back her affection and sympathy.

so you tell me if you wouldnt react in a similar way.

Last edited:
:hug: Icelle, i admire you for all that,really:bow:
It is no wonder you forgot your keys.I knew there is a story behind the keys... If it si not too personal i would like to know why you dont talk with your grandma?Maybe you should because you would feel better...:huh:

For Honor said:

............. I'm not going to disagree with that, I suppose.... yet I don't understand what you are trying to say there.

?

====
====
====

I suppose my comment was rather curt. It wasn't intended to be malicious, though. My apologies

What I'm saying is that you have threads in here talking about your own life and your own struggles or whatever. Not only that, but you have multiple threads about the same subject because you ran out of room at 500 posts. I didn't see Icelle post in your thread saying,
I'm glad I'm not that way. Good Luck.

If she did, I stand corrected.

Sometimes, if you have nothing relevant to post it might just be better not to post at all.

In conclusion, I'm glad I'm not that way.

But, good luck.

Once when I was on crutches after foot surgery, I locked my keys in the car when I got out to get something out of the trunk. Best part was the car was still running and I was in a parking lot in Detroit camping out to get in line to buy tickets for The Joshua Tree tour.

Last time I did that. But it sure was memorable. :wink:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
In conclusion, I'm glad I'm not that way.
But, good luck.

"touche" . I don't find anything offensive in my original statement though, even it being used against me. When I said it, I was sincere, and not being sarcastic or trying to slight anyone. So be it.
I wasn't really sure whether I should even respond to that post or not, seeing how I'm just making the thread more about me, which isn't right or fair, though is a hole I can't dig myself out of as per my orginal post.

:lightbulb:

.....Or perhaps...... this was all just a great big example to prove how relevant Icelle is about stressing getting to all of us sometimes.
:| Confession: Sometimes when I'm stressed, I rush through posts here online and write down a comment, or "answer" as fast and directly as I can, and in doing so, post some pretty stupid things. :hmm:

that might sound corny or made up, but it's true. I suppose it was mostly my pride that made me overlook it, but..... perhaps this is a humbling revealation.

Thanks for keeping me in check, U2SavesTheWorld

Back
Top Bottom