Strangeness....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
So out of the blue today I get an email from my ex-boyfriend. I haven't talked to or seen him in over a year. This is the boyfriend that basically ripped my heart out and handed it back to me. Email was the only way he could contact me since I've moved around and changed numbers as a result. What on earth could he be wanting to contact me for?
Now in my mind, I have this image of this being the 'I made a huge mistake' speech and the chance for me to tell him the ship has set sail--as I have zero interest in him that way. Maybe he's just found something of mine that he thinks I may want back.... Ugh, what to do...what to do...Should I email him back and see what he wants or should I ignore the whole thing? :huh:

Last edited:
I recently encountered a smilar situation, but I didn't have nasty break up or anything.

But I couldn't resist it. I was just trying to avoid my feelings, and she was too.

For you, though, I think you need to ask yourself waht you would gain. Would you be making progress, or taking steps backwards?

And also, how do you feel about him now?

edit: Hmm, maybe he was just realizing how great you are, and is trying one last kowtow (sp?).

I would like to delete my last post, but I can't.
I was sort of not with it when I wrote it.

Anyhow... maybe you are right in that he found something that reminded him of you. Or like I just said, maybe he's come to realize how vualable you are.

interesting situation.

Stars, I guess a lot depends on where you are in your life right now. But if it were me, I'd email him back and see what's up. Maybe he just wanted to say "hi", maybe it's something more. It would drive me nuts not knowing, so I'd email back and see what happens. ;)

I had an ex who recently contacted me. Like, you, that ship had sailed for me.

Well, he sent me an email saying that he hoped I was well and could he call me to talk. Thinking I had nothing to lose, I said that he could call.

Well, not 5 minutes after having sent my reply he called.

I think he was fishing to see if I was involved with anyone and if I was still interested in him.

Well, whatever it was, I didn't gain or lose anything by having a 20 minute phoe conversation.

Stars, to be blunt, exes are exes for a reason. You can listen to what he has to say and all but don't let him try to weasle his way back into your life after he hurt you.

So I emailed him, to be courteous and polite like you all rightly suggested....he emailed back and want to know what messenger I'm using these days (I used to use AIM but don't anymore)....:| Why?!

:hug: Tiny Dancer and everyone else :hug: No chance of that happening....I have NO interest in him that way anymore. I just don't understand why after all this time and all he's doing this....probably to mess with my head--:crazy:

starsgoblue said:
So I emailed him, to be courteous and polite like you all rightly suggested....he emailed back and want to know what messenger I'm using these days (I used to use AIM but don't anymore)....:| Why?!
Doesn't sound like a good sign to me.

starsgoblue said:
:| What does it mean....?

It means that he wants to :censored: up your head again. He thinks that he can just waltz back into your life be all nicey nicey and you will fall all over him and he'll play the game again and break your heart once more.

My ex was like that. He's a f*cking prick.

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:

It means that he wants to :censored: up your head again. He thinks that he can just waltz back into your life be all nicey nicey and you will fall all over him and he'll play the game again and break your heart once more.

My ex was like that. He's a f*cking prick.

:hug:

ok, so I gotta say I am going through the same crap right now. My ex and I are still close and we go back and forth like a tennis match on how much we "hate"each other then we get together for lunch the next day.. WTF!! I guess I need to drop a pair and feel better about things right?

:hug: for u2girl.

Stars, are you sure that there's no way you'd let him piss you around again? I do hope not, you are such a sweet person. On the one hand, I don't see the point in talking to the git; then again, I think it would be a lot more satisfying if you knew that he knows you're doing so well without him... if that makes sense.

Be careful.

sallycinnamon78 said:
:hug: for u2girl.

Stars, are you sure that there's no way you'd let him piss you around again? I do hope not, you are such a sweet person. On the one hand, I don't see the point in talking to the git; then again, I think it would be a lot more satisfying if you knew that he knows you're doing so well without him... if that makes sense.

Be careful.

I am POSITIVE. He dragged out the breakup so unessacarily....you know, getting to the point where he was wanting me to move in with him and then breaking it off and then getting back together...In other words he was all about total MindFucks. :tsk: I ran in his roomate about a month after the breakup at a club and we ended up hanging out for the night---let's just say I learned alot of things of the ex that I didn't know before and even his roomate (and eventually I heard this from his other friends) thought he was an ass for the way he treated me. Besides, at the time being I am sort of really interested in the possibility of someone else :)huh: ) so I'm not even thinking that way about the ex, I agree SallyCinn, if anything it'll be nice to let him know that in the long term he didn't break me or killl my spirit.

Last edited:
I got in touch with an ex boyfriend last year, he really let me down and looking back I think he was giong out with his current girlfriend at the time, I just didn't realise and trusted him. He told me he had left her and I kind of got back together with him in Dec. He then told me the next day he was still with her, she was 6 months pregnant, he loved me (haha!), but he had a lot to lose and didn't know what he wanted.

He didn't ask what I wanted but I told him I never wanted to hear from him again and he didn't take the hint. He kept phoning and sending messages asking to meet up and I kept ignoring them. I've nothing to gain from seeing him, he hurt me before and I especially am not going to be invovled with someone who thinks they can use me but be living with his girlfriend at the same time. He also told me not to move abroad this year as he's now tied down. I wouldn't stay here for anyone or I would regret it, especially not for him. I digress, anyway I kept ignoring him and I am glad I did.

Last week at 11pm he sent me a message telling me his baby was born at 10.10pm that night and he was thinking of me, the next day he sent me pictures of the baby. I think tht's lousy, he's buying a house with the girlfriend yet thinks I'll speak to him again. I would never trust him and I'd never go out with someone who cheats (I found out that he seen a married woman who ended up getting divroced) has treated me badly. I am going places and he's said that he's jealous that I am getting to travel. I think a lot of his problem is the fact he never planned his life like this and is now stuck in a rut. When someone hurts you, you should just forget about them and move on, giving them a second chance usually ends up causing more trouble in my opinon. Show him you're fabulous, instead of allowing him the chance to say or do anything hurtful make moves towards your new love interest. :)

Last edited:
I think U2girl said it.

He's probably up to no good if he's asking for your instant messenger, rather than directly telling you what he has that you might want. It sounds like he is trying to get attached to you. Sorry if I wasn't clear on it the first time.

I think the problem is spring time. As spring approaches men and women go on the prowl.

First they look at their surroundings and pursue things locally, but if there is no fresh meat, they look back nostalgically at their past and fabricate a more pleasant memory. That's when they decide that it's a good time to call X.

Call it the "Spring Time Booty Call" because what they want isn't you exactly. It's a nice memory of you, probably naked.

I'm one who believes that exes should be kept as far away as possible, so I don't even advocate a "friendship" with exes. I feel it's temporary and ultimately unsatisfying. Once you get married it's unhealthly to carry those exes around, so why do it while you're still single? :shrug:

Good luck and just say :down: to exes. :yes:

Lara Mullen said:

Last week at 11pm he sent me a message telling me his baby was born at 10.10pm that night and he was thinking of me, the next day he sent me pictures of the baby.

Ugh. What a dickweed. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom