Strange fears anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heights, public speaking, and especially SNAKES!!! My older brother used to catch snakes, put them in a clear glass jar, and chase me with it!! Yikes!

My son, when he was a toddler, was playing with his toys in the garage. After I put him down for a nap, I went to clean up the toys. In the middle of all the primary-colored toys was a live coral snake. Don't know when he got there. About a month later I was doing some gardening in the back yard and got to within a foot of a over 3' long copper-head (very poisonous) snake. Never been so scared! We don't live at that house any more!!

Wow lots of interesting fears! One of my sister in laws is scared of clowns. Doesn't matter if it's a figurine or it's a real clown. She can't even watch that Stephen King movie "IT" because of PennyWise.

Oh and I strongly agree with the fear of snakes! Live in the country and we see the long black ones near the house all of the time in the summer. Shiver just to think about them!

I'm really affraid to heights. when I'm in a high building, I can't look through the windows, my hands start to shake and hurt and I feel dizzy because I can't breathe deeply. Know that i'm thinking about it my hands hurt :yikes:

I'm also affraid to clowns. there's a lot of them in front of cheap restaurants and market, and I always try to avoid them when I'm walking through the street, if I have to cross over the street or take another way I would do it. Clowns are disgusting. I don't like mimes or people with big costumes so I can't see their heads, those make me feel nervous.

Last edited:
I'm kinda superstitious, especially with numbers. I avoid 13, 37, 87, 6, etc like the plague. If I'm reading a book, I have to end on a page that doesn't end in 6, 13, etc.

I also fear bugs that have stingers, bees, wasps, etc. And any bug larger than a house fly freaks me out too.

I'm also kind of skittish, and I don't pay attention to where I'm going, so I "jump" a lot when someone crosses my path. Not really a fear, but that moment when I notice someone right in front of me startles me. And it's kinda goofy cause I'm a pretty big dude.

BonosBaby12 said:
Wow lots of interesting fears! One of my sister in laws is scared of clowns. Doesn't matter if it's a figurine or it's a real clown. She can't even watch that Stephen King movie "IT" because of PennyWise.

She should read the book then! :laugh:

pennywise2.jpg

The book will give you permanent nightmares. It's 1,000,000,000 X scarier than the movie.

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:

pennywise2.jpg

The book will give you permanent nightmares. It's 1,000,000,000 X scarier than the movie.

You are so bad! lol. Have to admit looking at that picture up close disturbs me some :yikes: Oh and yeah the book is quite frightening! Read it once which was enough for me,lol.

SunBloc said:
Heights, public speaking, and especially SNAKES!!! My older brother used to catch snakes, put them in a clear glass jar, and chase me with it!! Yikes!

My son, when he was a toddler, was playing with his toys in the garage. After I put him down for a nap, I went to clean up the toys. In the middle of all the primary-colored toys was a live coral snake. Don't know when he got there. About a month later I was doing some gardening in the back yard and got to within a foot of a over 3' long copper-head (very poisonous) snake. Never been so scared! We don't live at that house any more!!

Holy Crap! Just reading that about the snakes gives me the shivers! I cannot STAND snakes! Here in San Diego, especially in north county there are LOTS of rattlers, and the apt complex where I lived the babies used to come down off the hills and they are more venomous and dangerous than the older rattlers. We used to hear them slithering and hear them rattling. I moved to the beach, thank goodness! I HATE SNAKES!!

Now these clown pictures are scary too!

Those clown pictures are very scary!!!

I just remembered that I'm afraid of getting my hair cut. I absolutely hate going to get it done.

When I was younger I had a fear of small round hairbrushes, the kind with the metal spindly barrel.

Yeah, that's right, I lost in an epic battle to one when I was little and my mom had to cut it & chunk of my hair out.

Took years before I let a hairdresser come near me with one, and even now they have to be the big round kind.

It's fun being 31 and explaining to my hairdresser why I am gripping the chair as if I will kill it. The evil woman knows too, but enjoys making me say it out loud in front of the other clients:mad: :mad:

I've hated clowns/dolls/sewerpipe areas since I saw the movie "IT" when I was 7 yrs. old. :|

I'm also pretty freaked out by getting attacked by a shark in the ocean.

I guess that's why I live smackdab in the midwest :wink:

u2bonogirl said:
On the hair note, I'm afraid of anybody cutting my hair (involves a few really bad ones, and my ears getting literally hacked away from my head :huh: ) So I've been cutting it myself for at least 4 years now.

I've cut my hair myself a few times but I can never get it completely straight. Any suggestions?

dying...aging...PLANES:yikes:

I have this really stupid irrational fear of swimming alone in a pool. I seriously think a shark or a snake from florida is gonna stuff itself in a drain...swim all the way up to vermont..find the pool I swim in...squeeze through the 4inch drain pipe and eat me

:sad:

BonosBaby12 said:
Jaws pretty much took care of me every entering the water again. It's ok Dis we won't let anything come and eat you in the pool :hug:

so I expect you all at the pool 6am sharp..guarding me from sharks:ohmy:

you guys rock:drool:

:wink:

JMScoopy said:

*editing out the evil clown* :wink:

This is true...the book is also 1,000,000,000 better than the movie. :drool: I've read it at least twice, and it scared the crap out of me both times.

My irrational fear is the dentist. :shifty: I freak out, and I have been known to cry like a baby. After a fight with a cement staircase, I needed some serious dental work done, and between the trauma of landing face-first into a stair and the torture devices they stick in your mouth, I'd be happy never going to a dentist again. I was actually prescribed Valium before having a root canal. :reject:

Other than that...heights is a big one, and when I feel like I can't stretch out my arms and legs. That one freaks out my bf, too, if all of a sudden I'm scuttling over to the other side of the bed after he's dozed off with an arm over me.

Last edited:
Ok JM you are starting to really creep the hell out of me with this clown! If I have nightmares tonight than Im coming after you! :madwife:

You know it's comforting to see that Im not the only one who really freaks out over the dentist! Haven't gotten to the point of needing Valium but I always feel really anxious before I go and when I get there. Ok Im starting to realize that I can relate to too many fears:reject:

Last edited:
I thought the dentist was kind of overdoing it with the Valium, but he's a nice guy and it was probably either him or me at that point. :reject:

Someone mentioned bee's or wasps. I hate them. I've tipped over in chairs a couple times. Or when fishing once, I swung my fishing pole so wildly at one, I had to cut the fishing line b/c I screwed/tangled it all up so bad, it was beyond fixing.

I take much pleasure in killing them with that spray stuff whenever possible. But I keep my distance.

Well the bright spot is that you had a really nice dentist. Im happy that you came out ok with it all :). I had a real pyscho dentist who turned a routine cleaning into a nightmare.

For those who are freaked out by bugs and everything. Do ticks bother you? Ughhhh can't stand even the sight of one!

Back
Top Bottom