Stay safe tonight, a request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I have a very dear friend, who for whatever reason, just can't seem to keep his life on track. I haven't talked to him in almost 2 days now and he hasn't been home either. I worry a great deal about him and my prayers alone don't seem to be working. If everyone could just say a prayer for him that he comes home safe and that he will have strength to stop doing these things and to keep on the path to improvement, I would be intensely thankful. I'm worried sick right now. :(

Prayers for you and your friend. Having loved someone with alcohol and drug problems I know what you are feeling. I finally had to break away from this person. He is still using -- but I am no longer on the merry go round. I hope your friend gets the help he needs to turn his life around. There is a saying in ALANON -- Let Go and Let God -- that helped me.
I wish you love & peace :hug: :heart: Don't forget to take care of yourself!

I'm trying to help him stay the course, but sometimes he just slips back at the drop of a hat. I'll hang on to him, though, because I believe in him.

:hug: Prayers and good thoughts are with you that your friend is safe and that you will be reunited with him. I've been down that road and it's not an easy one. Let Go and Let God are some very strong, true and good words to remember during these kinds of times. Good luck and keep us posted.

Well, he's still not home. I've talked to his mom and she's not heard from him either. I'm going to get up early to go to his work to see if he by some miracle, shows up there. I hope he does.

I found out this morning that he was arrested Wednesday night. Why the hell couldn't I have been told that on Wednesday!!! He's supposed to go back to work on Monday, I guess. I just don't know what to do. How do you get involved and show someone you care and want to help them and not incite a backlash to where they go back to their old bad habits again? I'm so sad and confused right now. I need help so I can help him.

I've experienced the same worries you described; I've also experienced the revelation that someone is in custody,.....they're SAFE when they're in custody so be thankful for that...

Lastly, individual county's throughout the So. CA area have their "who's in custody roster" on-line...whenever we're missing someone, that's one of the first places we check...if that had been in place where you live, it would have eliminated a lot of worry...

Your prayer was answered; he's been found..:|

Well not really. They let him go and he's still not home and hasn't called. So we still don't know where he is, but at least on Wednesday he was somewhere.

I know you are dissapointed but what he probably needs is not your anger .Just try to be gentle and be there for him.
I know it makes you angry and frustrated but you are stronger one .

I'm not angry now. I just want to know he's safe and help him in whatever way I can. I think if I can get him involved in some support groups that that will help him a lot. The trick is to accomplish that.

I know the feeling, I'm an autistic who works in a studio with other autistics and we struggle with stuff like this. I'll pray for you and your friend.

Last edited:
I appreciate so much all the support I've gotten from everyone here. I've never had to deal with anything like this before and I want to do the right thing. I know that he has to want it to, but I know I can't just let him flail in the wind. If I don't try I won't be able to live with myself.

FOUND! All is well again! We talked today and I found out what really happened and it wasn't really as serious as it all seemed. Just a lot of crap going on in his life and I can completely understand why he did what he did. More stress than I care to have, but no harm done. Thanks so much to everyone who posted here!

Back
Top Bottom