Sorry, but it's not going to happen.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
This is more of a rant than a confession, but I've gotta get this out.

Dear Guy-I-grew-up-with:
Yes, we've known each other since we were 12, yes, I guess I considered you a friend, but did you ever notice that I made almost no effort to hang out with you? You always came to me. And I knew that you liked me, almost since the beginning. I knew that that's why you were always hanging around me.
Yes, I kissed you. But that's because I was 14 and bored and I knew you wouldn't stop me. Yes, it was wrong of me, but we were just kids. Kids do stupid stuff.
But even when I was older, I still made mistakes. I was trying to be friendly, I was trying to be nice, I was trying to be friends. I wasn't trying to lead you on. Somewhere along the lines, you got the wrong message.
Yeah, I went "out" with you, but those were not dates. Yeah, I let you foot the bill that time, but that's because it was my birthday. We were friends, that's all. Don't think I didn't notice the way you seemed to want to show me off to your friends. Did you tell them I was your girlfriend?
I hated the way you always came across friendly and nice at first, but then started asking me to be your girlfriend. Always. And you were so damn persistant about it. I couldn't stand it. THAT's why we only ever hung out in brief spurts, every so often. Because you made me so uncomfortable that eventually I couldn't stand to be around you.
When you IMed me yesterday, I decided to be nice and friendly and talk to you, but of course it wasn't long before you started hitting on me. We were playing catch up anyway, so I made it clear to you that I'm seeing someone right now, and that he makes me happier than I've been in a long time. But that didn't stop you, you still thought you had a chance, and asked me out. Rather than tell you the truth, that I don't want to go out with you, and never did... I decided to try to be gentle, and reiterated that I'm happy with the guy I'm already with.
But then you had the gall to say the following to me "I care about you, and I wanna fuck you, but I wouldn't want you to lose what makes you happy"
WHAT THE HELL, MAN?! I'm not a prude by any means, but that is just not the kind of thing you say to somebody. I was appalled. I mean yeah, I kind of already knew that you wanted to fuck me. It was kind of obvious. But I didn't need you to tell me. It creeped me the hell out and it makes me want to never talk to you again.
On the bright side (it's bright, for me at least) I've now come to my senses and learned just exactly how creepy you are, and that it's really not worth trying to be nice and be friends with you, because you're never gonna stop persuing me. I'm not a fucking unicorn, stop hunting me.
</3,
Chass

^:(

At least not all. :wink:

You should get the message across to him like that, otherwise it won't stop. Obviously, he isn't worth it trying to do it kindly.

Galeongirl said:
Just TELL him to GTFO! :tsk: some guys are blind idiots y'know.... wait... uh.... most guys are :wink:

Ahem. :eyebrow:

You know, I have to wonder, when guys say idiotic things like that, is it because it's worked in the past? I would never in a million years think of saying something like that to a woman, mostly out of respect, but also because it has zero chance of working!

Or you could have told him to back off in one of those years since you were both 12 :wink:

BonoManiac said:

You know, I have to wonder, when guys say idiotic things like that, is it because it's worked in the past? I would never in a million years think of saying something like that to a woman, mostly out of respect, but also because it has zero chance of working!
Seriously, did he expect me to go "Oh really? In that case... let's go! *rips off her shirt*"

....No.

Diemen said:
I assume you went off on him after he said that. Otherwise - go off on him. He isn't going to get it any other way.
I ended the conversation after he did that, because I was just so speechless, but if he starts bothering me again, I'm definitely going to let him have it. I'm too old for this shit.

Canadiens1160 said:
Or you could have told him to back off in one of those years since you were both 12 :wink:
I did. We had a huge falling out when we were 16, and didn't talk to one another for the next three years. But apparently the message didn't stick.

BonoManiac said:

I was joking, hence the :wink: :tongue:

and I think they say that stuff... because they're not thinking at all at the moment? most people say stupid things when they're in love and talk incoherently to the person in question...

:uhoh: not that I'm experienced with that or anything...

Wow. What a jack-ass. Someday maybe he'll find someone who'll find that charming. He'll probably be 40 and the person he finds will probably be 16. Jail-time! :dance:

Alternately, you could find a large, muscular 'brother' to straighten him out. I have a couple. I could lend you one.

Hahaha...nice. I say you should send it to him. :tongue: Or at least fit that "I'm not a fucking unicorn" part into one of your conversations with him. :wink:

Last edited:
wow:ohmy:

that sounds like something an over horny teen would say---

yeah deffinately avoid-thats plain creeeeepy

Back
Top Bottom