Sometimes...I wish I was a smoker.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I know this will NOT make sense to any of you but when I was talkin to mom the other day I said 'I wish I was a smoker so that in nightclubs of pubs I have something to do' - now, i know that sounds extremely naive thing to say and I bet yo bottom-dollar-asses no-one would ever come out with something like that but :lmao: - I said it!

Of course its bloomin dangerous and health risk but I think, (as mum put it), its a 'crutch' - something to do with your hands............if you are standing alone not smoking - you may be 'wondered' about.........but if you have a ciggie - its obvious and pple let you alone - and esp out places! Its weird - my whole perspective on it.

I know I dont make sense, I never do..........but if you think u know what I mean.........thats why sometimes to be a part-time smoker....................its funny cause there's a wrong and a right point to it........

:der:

:slant:

mad1 said:
'I wish I was a smoker so that in nightclubs of pubs I have something to do'

i'll admit it. that is exactly the reason i started smoking.
that was twelve years ago.

:|

I don't smoke a lot but I do enjoy it...I smoke mainly when I go out to pubs or clubs and I totally get what you mean.

maddie...darlin' girl i wish we could finally make you believe your feelings aren't unsual, or unique or strange..( do i get to keep my bootom dollar ass? thanx...you make laugh, I really REALLY appreciate that)
Akwardness, shyness, "something to do with my hands"...the EXACT reasons I started to smoke.
I started to smoke........the exact reason I now have lung damage.

You make a lot of sense...maybe try dancing or darts or even a small strand of worry beads...please something other than the deadly durry. Lots of people smoke and have long heathy lives....but lots don't. It's quite scary not to be able to breath properly.
Good luck :hug:

I get what Mad1 means,
I'm a smoker and I usually smoke while I drink... and I smoke when I feel everybody's starring at me. It gives me something to do.
Anyway, I dont smoke too many cigs a day.

PS: There's another thing you can do when ya feel you're wasting your time in a pub or wherever... playin (or even pretendin) with your cell phone.
I'm a shy guy, and when I'm walkin toward someone who's waiting for me and I dont know very well, I take my phone and... just do something, check the sms or the missed calls. Almost the same about the cigarettes.

..while Mad1 could not make sense I think my way is really stupid. :D But that's what I do.

I'm not a regular smoker, but I'll lit up a cigarette at a bar if one is offered to me. I don't think I've done that for a few months now though.

MrTheFly said:

PS: There's another thing you can do when ya feel you're wasting your time in a pub or wherever... playin (or even pretendin) with your cell phone.
I'm a shy guy, and when I'm walkin toward someone who's waiting for me and I dont know very well, I take my phone and... just do something, check the sms or the missed calls. Almost the same about the cigarettes.

Exactly what I do. :up: Just make sure you're phones on silent if you're pretending to be on the phone with someone ... otherwise you might get a few strange looks :|

Or you could stick a cigarette in your mouth and pretend you're smoking it... :shrug: Hey, I tried...

Usually I roll up a sticky-gum wrapper and stand with it in my mouth!!!!

LOL!

wow, I have to be honest and say that I didnt quite realise I was alone in thinking that, and thats how some of you started! (I mean that in a :hug: way)............I guess I always thought pressure though other young ones at school starting would have had most pple curious and start...................thats the story my mum gave me, she started at very young age.

Yes, truth is.........I am at a loss standing round in clubs.....thats why when I buy a drink from there, I ask that it be kept in a bottle so that I have something more 'constructive' in my hands! LOL!

:lmao: @ me

dont worry Cass baby, I wont be starting......I think its just something that has been in my head when Im at these places - that just for that one moment, I could smoke away........

:)

thanks for sharing peeps......:hug: MrTheFly..............

shyguys are sooooo cute! I love shyguys......they are big innocent babies!

:D

mad1 said:

thanks for sharing peeps......:hug: MrTheFly..............

shyguys are sooooo cute! I love shyguys......they are big innocent babies!

:D

You're welcome Mad... but you're pretty wrong: being shy does not mean being innocent.

"I'm shy" means that I got the wildest thoughts... but I just dont know how to tell them...

:D :D :D

PS: To Natztar, Ive always got my phone on silent, anyway I dont prentend I'm talkin with someone. I just... you know, go through the menus...

1000 words+ the final 2 from Yul Brunner

DON'T SMOKE

Attachments

• gotalightlove2.jpg
    gotalightlove2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom