sometimes i use another name in public

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's American Wife said:
I either give my last name or I make someone else do it. Like Devlin, I either get a blank stare or when it comes time to call my name, I hear "Sharon, Shirley, Charlotte, Shireen, Cheryl...the best part is looking down at the reservation book and seeing how they attempt to spell it :wink:

Last month, my dentist called me Shondra through my entire appointment. I wanted to see how long he would keep it up so I didn't say anything. I guess he got pissed at me for not telling him because the next time I came in, the other dentist in the office saw me instead. But seriously, my name is on the CHART. How hard is it?? :angry:

It's amazing to me that people would have that much trouble with either your full name or nickname when both are totally common. Lame!

Babydoll said:
My real name is rarely pronounced correctly by anyone saying it the first time, here in the US. I go by my nickname when I order food and stuff, lol. Its only after I spell it out and give tips on how to pronounce it, people can say it right. :lol:

Thats exactly the same for me.
My name is Jase, but people pronounce it:
Jaycee
Jazz
Chase
Jasay or Jasey

So I gotta say "it's J-a-s-e...like Jason".
Or rhymes with case, place, mace, face.

My favorite is when I get mail that says JOSE... :lmao:

night_and_day66 said:

Thats exactly the same for me.
My name is Jase, but people pronounce it:
Jaycee
Jazz
Chase
Jasay or Jasey

So I gotta say "it's J-a-s-e...like Jason".
Or rhymes with case, place, mace, face.

My favorite is when I get mail that says JOSE... :lmao:

my mom nicknamed you "chase" because she's "chase"-ing me down at your house by phone:D

Last edited:
wow you all have cool names

my friend Cody's name was written down as "Cohee" once at penn station. My friend Ramon was "Romeo" and I was "Atrad." (my name is Astrid, pronounced exactly how it looks). The people that work there must have hearing problems. next time I went there I told them to put A-Trodd. Usually I give my real name at places though. I guess I should come up with a fake name.

I have an extremely common name, so I never worry about pronounciation.

However, I've used the following names in restaurants:

Phil
Mitch Cumstein
Jemaine
Dennis the Menace
The Milkman
Bro

I should use a different name, especially in Starbucks where i've been known as Jan, Lan (what the fuck!) and one memorable case where the guy stammered for a few seconds and didn't say anything in the end

phillyfan26 said:

Mitch Cumstein

That's the name of my new band:

Ladies and Gentlemen...for your video and audio play-sure:

CUMSTEIN!!!!

:rockon:

:eyebrow: And to add my 2-cents, how does one get 'Shirley' out of rosemarie? All my life people have called me, 'rosemary' and Roseann..which was my Mother's name!!:huh: Added real confusion there when they would call the house!!:wink:

Bonochick said:
My boyfriend's last name is not common and can be easily butchered, so if we have to give a last name, we always go with mine, which is nice and simple.

However...there are still some occasions where it gets screwed up. :lol:

Same here, you have no idea how many variations of Jeff's name they have come up with. Maybe we should take mine instead. :D

When I worked at the Gap and had to give our names to customers, I was called Peggy more often than not...even while I was wearing a nametag that said *MEGAN*.

Schmeg said:
When I worked at the Gap and had to give our names to customers, I was called Peggy more often than not...even while I was wearing a nametag that said *MEGAN*.
i guess people are dismayed at the lack of peggys out there or something, because people mistake my name for peggy all the time. i don't see how you get peggy from katie. candy i see, but peggy?

phillyfan26 said:

Phil
Mitch Cumstein
Jemaine
Dennis the Menace
The Milkman
Bro

I know a Cumstein in real life.

It's those moments that you treasure.

What brings you to this nape of the woods? Neck of the wape? ... How come you're here?

I get Marina a LOT.

Also, phillyfan, dude, I hate your lightning bolts. Can we discuss?

anitram said:
Also, phillyfan, dude, I hate your lightning bolts. Can we discuss?

We can discuss: They are not lightning bolts. They are the flag of the United States of RECESSION.

Did you know there's a RECESSION coming ??

Yes. It can also come in the form of Soulja Boy Tell 'Em AND Internet doubles of politically-insightful writers.

Watch your back, guys.

Back
Top Bottom