Sometimes I think I take myself too seriously.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
I can't sit back and laugh at myself. I take everything very personal. I can't enjoy life because of it. I focus on all the negative aspects and let life pass me by, while I sit grumpy and pissed. I blame my parents mostly. And the fact that I'm broke, cause it's hard to find a job, and that gets me pissed too. It's just a cycle. Anyone else ever feel like this?

I know I'm too serious, but I think my problems are a little bit different.

Either way, lisen to Beautiful Day. That song puts things in perspective for me... that and Stuck.

:up:

Of course not. Without knowing you personally, I can't get a real grasp of what you need.

U2 gets me out of a rut, my family gets me out of a rut, my friends get me out of a rut, or sports......

think of things you like and jump in. Life can be amazing. It's a mind and behavior switch....you can do it !!:wink:

Numb1075 said:
Of course not. Without knowing you personally, I can't get a real grasp of what you need.

U2 gets me out of a rut, my family gets me out of a rut, my friends get me out of a rut, or sports......

think of things you like and jump in. Life can be amazing. It's a mind and behavior switch....you can do it !!:wink:

I know all that, it's just hard. When I think of my family, I get sad (from a previous topic I think you know about my mom.) Sports: Makes me think of high school and I sucked at sports, and .... nope. Not helping. Freinds....yeah, they're allright I guess. But, I dunno. And U2, of course they help, but I find myself listening to All I Want is You, and then I think of may family, and mom, and cycle starts all over. GAH!

UberBeaver said:
I can't sit back and laugh at myself. I take everything very personal. I can't enjoy life because of it. I focus on all the negative aspects and let life pass me by, while I sit grumpy and pissed. I blame my parents mostly. And the fact that I'm broke, cause it's hard to find a job, and that gets me pissed too. It's just a cycle. Anyone else ever feel like this?

Your life and how you chose to live it is entirely up to you. Attitude is a choice, and you only go around once.

UberBeaver said:
Are you mocking me?

I don't see myself as mocking you. I'm just not responsible for how you feel - - -

UberBeaver said:
OK, I listened to beautiful day. I'm still grumpy.
There's nothing anyone but yourself can do about that, as in, it's not the song's fault that you still felt grumpy

UberBeaver said:

I'm sorry, is it For Honor or Your Honor? OHHHHH BURN! LOL. PWND!

:shrug:

.... I guess you do take things personally.... but then again, so do I frequently, so it's no big deal.

HelloAngel said:

Your life and how you chose to live it is entirely up to you. Attitude is a choice, and you only go around once.

^ :yes:

UberBeaver said:

Actually I may very well be the exact opposite of you. I tend to laugh at myself all the time. I know I'm a dork, but I'm a cool dork.:laugh: I don't really know what advice to give other than you need to put things inot perspective. For example if you missed the bus and are late for work you need to realise that this is not going to matter a week from now. It won't even matter a day from now. Obviously if your late for work everyday that's a problem but I think you get the point. It's easier to laugh at yourself and enjoy life if you can keep things in perspective in relation to the big picture. Hopefully that makes some sense to ya.

Last edited:
^ :up:

As long as you don't become idle. I only add that because I've run that risk at least once, and it concerns me...

The "For Honor/Your Honor" comment was because you used the word "Jurisdiction". I made a funny. :huh:

I am not really idle, I move a lot, you know? I jump and dance and all that stuff.

Hallucination - I guess I can laugh at myself, but only after I think about it. I do always reach the conclusion that nothing is to be taken too seriously, but it just takes me a while. Though it's funny you use the bus analogy, because I once got fired for being late and I blamed the bus (which I didn't take, but they didn't know that). Do you know me?

I get down a lot too. I usually dump it all on God. That's the only thing that truly helps. He knows what to do with it all. Also, I'll watch a funny movie (try Anchorman or Zoolander). I'll also do something I love, like playing video games or listening to 80s music.

It's really hard, but even us melancholy people need to be up sometimes!

GH - The particular comment was directed towards Numb, not the board as a whole. My bad, I should have been more spcific, like I did here by putting "GH" in front this sentence, thereby keeping all others from reading this sentence, right? :madspit:

Sicy said:

According to my sources they are.. and that really creeps me out :|

Yeah, but then again, you thought that U2Man and Col. Trautman were the same person, too :shrug:

doesn't sicy have superpowers that let her hack into people's computers through their IP addresses? or are those abilities restricted to this site's supreme dictator? whoops, i mean elvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom