Sometimes I Think...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
actually often I think this...that I'm way too idealistic to live in this world. In NO WAY am I saying I'm perfect or better than anyone-quite the opposite, it's a struggle for me to think positively about myself, for several reasons..

Anyway, I have certain ideals/expectations of people, which I cling to, in spite of the fact that I probably shouldn't, because at least that way I'll never be let down. I'm certainly not naive, but people never cease to amaze me w/ their personal behavior and lack of morals-on so many issues, mainly honesty and treatment of others. I've certainly had enough experiences to become completely jaded, but I still cling to my ideals, no matter how difficult it makes my life. And of course I make mistakes and fail in this area sometimes, but far more often than not, I think I succeed in living up to my standards.

Sometimes I just feel so down about it that I want to throw up my hands and give up and become like that, only because it would save me a lot of stress. I would never do it though. If I don't have my moral standards and integrity, what else do I have? This is so important to me, so I guess I really struggle w/ the fact that it doesn't seem to be important AT ALL to so many people.

Just needed to vent about this-does anyone else ever feel so bothered like this?

:( :angry: *throws up hands in disgust and goes to live on Mars*

Last edited:
don't eat yourself up over something you can't control

I think a lot of people know that feeling - and there's nothing wrong with having morals, ideals etc...

Re: don't eat yourself up over something you can't control

U2girl said:
I think a lot of people know that feeling - and there's nothing wrong with having morals, ideals etc...

But it just really :censored: when you are let down by people.

My instincts are usually pretty dead on, but to have them confirmed still causes that lil' letdown, because I am idealistic. Oh well :shrug: I just always hope karma will win out in the end. It just burns me when dishonest/unethical people get away w/ what they do in this world.

Re: Re: don't eat yourself up over something you can't control

Gina Marie said:

But it just really :censored: when you are let down by people.

Exactly, ex-fuckin-actly.

I doubt that I can have success with my business if I am always telling the truth.

I know that Karma wins, but what?s that worth in $?

I know the $ is not worth it, but... sometimes I?d love to be less honor, loyal, style shit. Especially loyalty. Seems not to be on the top ten list for career. Instead, if you stay in your co. more than two years, you seem not flexible enough.

Last edited:
people are different, Gina, the easiest way to deal with it is to stop paying so much attention to what other people do. Life is like sports; if you spend too much time concentrating on the people around you, you never go anywhere. What people do with themselves is their own choice, and most of the time, the very actions that are bothering you come from something that is bothering that person.

just live by your standards that you set for yourself, and be happy with that :)

aww Gina don't go

we need you here on Earth.
It's good to vent, I know how you feel, but asap....pick yerself , dust yerself off....it happens again and again and again
and again
but you have to just keep you sense of what is right and move on. What blue angel said.
Good luck
:wave:

Re: Re: don't eat yourself up over something you can't control

Gina Marie said:

My instincts are usually pretty dead on,

I can think of one person you have figured wrong ;) The only part of either of your posts here in this thread I disagree with is the part about living on Mars. When I feel this way, it's always a shack on a mountaintop in the forest with animals that I want to run to!

I just always hope karma will win out in the end. It just burns me when dishonest/unethical people get away w/ what they do in this world.

I say the very same thing, like, if things aren't made right in this world, maybe the next? Sometimes, this is the only thing that keeps me going and keeps me from being eaten up and tortured with all the injustices and shit around. I just can't accept that some people are not only like that, but many of them are very highly placed and successful, while a lot of more decent people are getting crapped on. Oh, what a world.......:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom