Sometimes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Sometimes....

It's fun to let the years of tears run down your face.

It's okay to admit that life is hard.

It's time to listen to "Sometimes you can't make it on your own"

It's not everyone else, it's you.

Most of time it's everyone else and not yourself.

You feel like putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger.

Most times you realize a gun isn't nearby and you hold yourself in contempt.

It's hard to say "Maybe life isn't going to get any better".

The most beautiful people are the ugliest people.

The sky is falling under the spell of alcohol.

The only reason to live is to serve the others around us.

The cute guy wins.

The cute girl wins.

The umpire has been paid-off.

The lights seem blurred and beckoning.

The only reason to give a shit is to win

The only reason is to maintain a hopeful sanity.

Keep it going...

Yes, and hopefully you communicate your feelings to someone you trust. It's a huge mistake to bottle up your emotions. I have had an unbelievably tough 2004. I don't know where I'd be without the right people to help me.

Danospano said:
The only reason to live is to serve the others around us.

That's really the biggest problem I see in here. Life does suck at times, and there's no problems in complaining (I do it fairly regularly myself); but you really do need to live for yourself, because, at the end of the day, all you really do have is yourself!

Ask yourself what would make you happy that doesn't involve other people. Perhaps it is a long-term goal. Well, then start figuring out what you need to do to achieve it years down the line.

All we have is the present.

Melon

I'm never going to get anywhere by being sad that I'm feeling alone. (And I'm not, I like being my own person and oding my own thing). I believe you have to get out there and make the most of life.

Hiya, Melon. :wave:

I don't agree with you, though. That's a lonely way to live, I think--knowing that whatever you do, you don't much care how the world around you has benefited by your doing it. There's a beautiful quote from Ali (Hewson) that someone on this board uses as their sig--something about how it doesn't sit well with her, knowing that all you ever did was only to protect yourself, and that before you die, you should know you did something to make the world a better place--whether it's as large as leading a country or as small as planting a tree or picking up some trash.

hmmm Ali said that? Maybe our man Bono has the big heart he has because of Ali's influence. She's a great woman.

I too think that people should strive to give something back. Yes, we have to be comfortable being alone and being able to make it without anybody else if need be, because sometimes that's what life gives us. However, we should always strive to make the world a better place than how it was when we were born into it.

Last edited:
I'm just going to offer that I think there must be a balance struck between living for yourself and for others.

We're one, but we're not the same.

Either extreme is an unbalanced energy. You can't neglect yourself, nor can we neglect others. Bono sums it up quite nicely in AMAAW; in any relationship (lover, friend, social, other) there is a 'mysterious distance' between you and that other person, and it takes a complete willingness to live within this paradox: you can not be yourself without your relationship to others, nor can you have a relationship with others without being yourself.

Every one of us is an original of the species. Together we make One.

Back
Top Bottom