Some days you just shouldn't get out of bed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Anything that could go wrong, DID go wrong today.

Woke up this morning, noticed the dog was not his usual self. infact, he was just like before he got his tumour on his spleen. All groggy, not moving, not drinking eating, etc. After watching him for a bit, we decided I would not go to work and would get him to the vet. We weren't overly worried as we have gone through this twice before today. We have had coolant probs with the car for the last week or so, and have been waiting on the part to arrive. Decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and weasel a spot in at my mechanic if the part was in. It was. All was good. Had the dog booked in, the car booked in etc.
Before the day got started, I got a call from my husband. On the way to work this morning, my sister drives him and me (when I go) in. They were on the freeway and noticed this ute cut this fella off and speed onto the offramp in front of them. The guy who was cut off slammed on the brakes and tried to miss him. He did. But there was a 2 trailer BP petrol tanker behind him. 2 trailer trucks need about 50 metres at least to stop. This poor truckie ran right over this poor man. My sister and husband pulled over to help. They said it was terrible. He was unconcious and covered in blood. He was trapped. The ambulance and cops arrived and helped. But it was still awful, he had a broken arm and dislocated vertabrae. The driver of the Ute btw must be a real good bloke, as he pissed off. Didn't even stop to see if this poor man was alive. The police are now looking for him.
Sounded like we were all getting off to a really bad start.
Anyways, I head off to my sister's to get her 2nd car to get the dog to the vet as it was the 1st appt of the day and I was told not to drive my car at all until this part was replaced.
Do you think I could get the goddamn thing started? Her alternator is f***ed. Did a fancy pants hillstart in second and clutch started it. Damn lucky it was manual and I knew how to drive it.
Then my mum rings me. She was extremely upset. She has this friend at her work who was told a year ago, you got between 1 month and 12 months to live. Cancer. Mum is on hols at the moment, she works in the hospital, and her co-worker rang to say Marie has only a few hours to go. Poor mum was so torn as she wanted desperately to go say her last goodbye but knew the room was filled with her friend's family and didn't want to intrude.
Get the dog to the vet, his enzymes are up again, this time its affecting his liver. He is on a drip etc to help his fluids. If it happens again, we will have to make 'a decision'. He will be ok for now and is in good hands. Had to leave the car running the whole time in the carpark as I knew I wouldn't get it started again if the battery was that drained to begin with. I hate cars. I hate vets. I was hoping the damn thing would be stolen when I had gotten out so the ongoing saga with her car would be over. But no. Guess no one wants an old '84 Laser.
Fianlly get home to pick up my stupid car and get the damn thing fixed. It was meant to take 5 minutes, but ended up taking 2 hours cos it had overheated in the short drive from my house to the workshop.

Sorry to rant. This was a long one. Just needed to get it out.
Thank God this day is almost over.
:rant:

Some Days are better than others

:hug:

I once had a day like that....I know how it feels.....everything that can go wrong does :banghead:

but think of it this way...tomorrow is another day....leave yesterday behind and work on the here and now.

I hope your doggie gets better

that's too many horrible things in one day angie. :mad:

i'm really sorry. i hope everything will be ok. :(

:hug:

good advice angela...thanks

**cass heads back to bed**
My car broke down on Wednesday, will be out of action for a week. If I wasn't so sick, I'd be pissed off about being stuck way out here without a vehicle...but 'cause I'm ill I can't go to my son's 17th birthday camp at the beach( I hope it goes smoothly) I can't go to mt dear friend's 40th birthday party, my hub just found out he has been underpaid at his TAFE job for the past 5 years ( I fecking knew that, he wouldn't speak up...no chance of back pay:banghead: )My dog over there <--------------gustovox is ailing, the tummy bug I have makes it feels like I have a contraction that goes on forever(thought you'd appreciate that one and all"mum" good luck dear) the drought...feckfeckfeck
SO YEAH!!!!:banghead: (which is the rant avatar?):banghead:

me and the chihuahua and all the teddies are going back to bed, good idea. Thanks

I am sorry about what your hub and sis and doggie went thru.

oh Angie, that's a really bad day :(

would a (substitute internet) hug help a little? :hug:

She kicked me to say hello to you lilly :-D

Thanks for listening to me rant kiddies :hug:
Sorry your day sucked too Cass. Stay in bed til you feel alive again I reckon.
Thanks Nikka's :)

At least with days like that, the next one is bound to be better.
:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom