So what are the odds? (Really - can someone tell me?!?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
So. Exactly a month ago I told you all about being involved in my first deer crash. Thankfully the car was still drivable til we could get it in to the body shop 2 weeks ago. We decided to get it fixed up about 4 hours away, up near Traverse City, where a friend of ours has a body shop. We have rental coverage through our insurance, and boy am I glad we sprang for that.

The body shop had our car for almost 2 weeks, and Karl was able to go up this past weekend to pick it up on Saturday. Sunday he is driving home, constantly watching out for deer (we've both been kinda spooked at night driving since the accident). Out of nowhere - stupid deer number 2!!!! He said he just had one thought - 'You've got to be sh:censored:ing me!!' This time the damage was much worse, the engine died out and he just coasted along the shoulder. The guy behind him stopped, freaking out, 'Dood! Are you ok man? Sheesh, that was like Monty Python with the animals getting thrown by the catapults! That thing must have gone 40 feet in the air!' So thankfully Karl was fine, the guy gave him a ride to a payphone so he could call me, and luckily I was only about 40 minutes away so I could come get him.

He thinks it's totaled, we won't know til sometime this week, and I'm concerned that if they do total it we won't get enough to cover what we owe on it :huh: My insurance agent's comment was, 'Well you know they go in 3's. I'd watch out there may be one more lurking about....' Actually this is the 3rd time he has hit a deer with this car, and the car is only 2 years old! He clipped the back end of a deer about 6 months after we got the car, but ended up with just a ding in the bumper.

Gah!!!!!! Seriously, what are the chances?!? :banghead:

He is lucky he is not hurt. Hitting a deer is pretty serious. Btw- did both deers die?

:slant: sorry to see that. i had a similar thing happend however it wasn't due to a deer hitting my car. after one month of receiving my new car, my sister's friend back their car right into my car and ripped off my bumper. i was pissed. i took it to the body shop and had it repaired. then exactly one week after i got it back from the body shop i was hit from behind by a careless driver who was not paying attn. to the fact that i was stopped at a stop light! :huh:

That sucks Iris, I would be beyond annoyed :rant:

Angel - the deer from last month was injured - couldn't walk but had its head raised. We were able to shoo it out of the middle of the road so it didn't get hit again (it dragged itself off), but I knew things didn't look good for it, especially with there still being snow on the ground. When the cops came to do the report, we told them which direction it went off in, it hadn't gotten far so they shot it :(

This most recent one, it went up so high in the air, if the impact of the car didn't kill it first, I'm sure hitting the ground after flying up so high did it :shrug:

Man, that does suck! I'm sorry to hear about that! That is freaky though - three times in two years, all in the same car!

Stupid deer. And I wouldn't care whether or not the deer lived; there is an overpopulation of deer in Michigan I think.

Ormus

That was my exact thought the other day bonosloveslave. Things come in threes. I am glad your husband is OK. My hub had a car accident last weekend. It was awful to see where it happened. A few metres either direction and it could have been much much worse.Our neighbour came along at the right moment on Sunday morning. He has a big 4 wheel drive and winch, it made it easy to get the van out of the ditch. He even helped repair the fence. The guy that owns the paddock happened to drive up and before hub even spoke he said , "they're not my cows". Selfish old pratt, hub could have been killed.

We are about to make a couple of long car trips and that idea of things coming in 3's has me a bit worried.ewwwwwwwwwww.
I am glad you and Karl are OK.
I do feel un-nerved..ewwwwwwww

I just thoght of something.
maybe your two + our one =three
yeah
it's OK

I hope

i'm always scared to drive out here around dusk at harvest time :der:

i canNOT total my pretty sedan.

:hug: i'm so sorry to hear about your car beth - i would agree with not getting a green car though ;)

Wow, that is crazy! :hug: Glad no one was hurt, well except for the deer :|

I grew up in the Texas Hill Country, and we always had to be careful driving and watching out for deer, sometimes the deer population was really bad when evertyhing was dry and there was nothing for them to eat and they'd come out to eat the grass along the highway...but not once do I recal my parents or my brother ever hitting a deer.

:shifty:

Yep, Ormus - wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many deer in MI, well that and getting forced out of their habitat by development...

And cass, for both our sakes I hope your math is correct, glad your hubby is ok :hug:

:hug:beth:hug:

i'm glad you're ok! that's freaky! i haven't hit a deer yet, but i've only been driving for 2 or 3 years................gotta love michigan :rolleyes:

was that the car we took to louisville? so many memories.......:(

:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom