So very sad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My hubby and I are in mourning. We had to put our best friend, Bodie, to sleep on Wednesday. He had been battling cancer for almost a year and a half. The time came when we could tell he was suffering and we knew it was time for him to get some rest. It has taken me a couple days to even be able to post something about it. We got him almost a year before we got married and had him with us for over 10 years. He was our kid and our companion. We took him everywhere with us. Now there is an empty place in our home where he should be. We might be crazy, but he was very important to us. He was such a good dog. He was never bad. He never jumped on people or sniffed people or snapped at anyone. He never dug up the yard or wrecked anything of importance. He knew what belonged to him and what didn't. He always wanted to be with us. He even liked listening to U2. He was always eager to please. He loved to swim, to ride in the boat or the car, he loved to play and go for walks. He liked to snuggle on the couch with us. Sometmes he would even try to talk to us. He was both tough and sweet at the same time. He was mellow, but also energetic. People who were usually afraid of dogs were comfortable around him and grew to love him. He loved it when we had company (and has even met a few Interferencers). He was a two person dog and was devoted to both of us. It is hard to explain, but he was a unique dog. Sorry to go on and on about a dog. To many people he was just a dog. To us he was much more. He touched out lives and we'll never forget him.

Bodie.jpg-thumb_194_194.jpg

Bodie
7/25/92 - 4/30/03

:sad:

Don't apologize..what a lovely tribute you wrote here to him. I know just how you feel, I have lost a dog that I felt the same way about. Bodie is beautiful, and I know it's small consolation, but he was lucky to have you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

I was fortunate to have my life touched by Bodie. He was one of the friendliest and well mannered dogs I have ever come across. And he made a good Edge to my bull fighting Bono!

I will miss him. I really wish I could be in the Twin Cities to offer condolences. you guys have been so supportive of me - and now in your tough time - I am not there...... :(

:hug:Ron and Anita:hug:

3364539523232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A%3C%3D859%3Dxroqdf%3E2323362%3B585%3B4ot1lsi

We'll miss ya Bodie.

Thanks everyone. Thanks Zoney for posting the picture. Bodie always enjoyed out U2 parties. :)

A dog is never 'just a dog' but often so much more, a family member.
I'm so sorry about your loss. Be comforted in knowing that he is out of pain now. :hug:

my condolences to you both:hug:
thanks for sharing his story, he was a special one.

I like his name, my youngest son is Brody.
:hug:

I am really sorry. If anyone knows the feeling, it's me. I have lost a lot of very special dogs and cats, and each one is as unique and irreplaceable as a human. They are not just animals, as some heartless people say, they are creatures with personalities and feelings. They are precious lives, and part of our lives, and that is a tragic thing to lose. I have many sad stories and still suffer for my losses, they will always be with me. I am scarred for all I have lost, but still feel lucky to have had their love for whatever time I knew them. Now I'm going to make myself cry too.

(((((hugs)))) :hug:

This makes me cry, but it also is a comfort because I believe it :angel: I hope you like it.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food,water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver.
Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life,
but never absent from your heart.Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

By Paul C. Dahm

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. I have to put 2 dogs to sleep and it's so hard....
What a beautiful dog! Sounds like you have some amazing memories though, and as silly as it sounds, they really are still with you in spirit! :hug: You gave him a truly wonderful life. :)

I truly know how they can become like a child to you - and I know how much it can hurt when you have to let them go. That was a lovely tribute to Bodie - I'm really sorry guys :hug:

Thank you all for your kind, heart felt comments.
We planted a tree in Bodies memory this weekend near his favorite romping area.

Back
Top Bottom