So, I have a crush a girl who wears (2) rings on her hand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
So, I have a crush a girl who wears (2) ring on her left-hand ring finger. What are the rules about women wearing rings on that finger? Is she married, or what? I've been told by a few people that a lot of women wear rings on THAT finger just because that's the only finger that fits.

I need opinions, because I'm afraid to flat out ask her if she's married. I'm a wuss when it comes to asking leading questions. If she says 'yes' I'll have to admit the crush and that will make all future contact awkward. I don't want that, so I'm hoping the consenus will lead me in one direction.

I wear my ring (not wedding ring though!) on my little finger, left hand, because it's the only one that fits ... my fingers are so stubby. So I don't really know.

Do they look like an engagement and wedding ring? Does one have jewels and the other one a plain band? That might be a good way to tell.

Otherwise you can just ask an innocent question to see if she's married, like, umm ... "Is (whatever her last name is) your maiden name? Because it's really interesting/weird/boring ..."

Danospano said:
I've been told by a few people that a lot of women wear rings on THAT finger just because that's the only finger that fits.

That's the case for me sometimes.

I also almost always wear the mother's ring that belonged to my grandma. I've already had people ask me about it because they were trying to figure out how somebody my age could have so many kids. :laugh:

Us girls and our rings...we can be so misleading.

Yeah, look at the style of the rings. If one has jewels and the other is plain, they're most likely the dreaded wedding set.

Try this as an opener: "Those are beautiful rings. Tell me about them." Hint that you like jewelry and stones. Girls (well, me anyway) like guys who like jewelry. That way, if they are wedding bands, your crush remains undetected, and you learn a little about rings for the next girl. If they're not wedding bands, you've not only found out, you've impressed the lucky lady with your interest in jewelry!

I doubt she'll be reading this website, so I can confide in everyone that one ring is nondescript, while the other has a turquoise (sp?) stone. By nondescript I mean it contains few if ANY stones. I haven't looked closely at it because I don't want to be weird.

GOD, she's so cute...no, she's HOT....no, she's etheral!

:drool:

Start some general conversation about hobbies or something and ask her the hub's name or where he works. Her answer will inform you and she will be none the wiser to your ulterior motives.

I like Martha's idea. You could even say "I've never seen a wedding ring with a turquoise stone..." and she would then either tell you about how she came to have such an unusual wedding ring or tell you it's not a wedding band...

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Okay. Good tips.

But, what are the odds that it's a wedding/engagement ring? Just curious as to how many women wear rings on that finger without being married?

An engagement or wedding ring with a turquoise stone would be unusual, unless the couple is really into that kind of jewelry. Is she all southwestern and funky? I like that area, but my band is gold, and my engagement ring is citrine.

Danospano said:
I doubt she'll be reading this website, so I can confide in everyone that one ring is nondescript, while the other has a turquoise (sp?) stone. By nondescript I mean it contains few if ANY stones. I haven't looked closely at it because I don't want to be weird.

GOD, she's so cute...no, she's HOT....no, she's etheral!

:drool:

wow... you really like her :)

I'm a girl,but I don't know anything about jewelry :reject:

... I just can wish you good luck :) :)

I only wear rings on my left hand ring finger. They fit better on that hand.
You could compliment her on the rings, ask her where she got them. Just noticing them will probably get you some points.
Good luck!

Danospano said:
Okay. Good tips.

But, what are the odds that it's a wedding/engagement ring? Just curious as to how many women wear rings on that finger without being married?

I do. I wear rings anywhere they fit because my fingers are so small, it's lucky when one I like fits at all.

I currently have a moonstone on my left ring finger because it was such a small ring, it only fit on my left hand. I doubt anyone mistakes it for a wedding ring though.

From your description of her rings, it could go either way, but most engagement rings I've seen (even on poor college students) have been really obvious diamond hunks. :laugh:

I'm so giddy and surprised that so many people have responded to this question. Thanks, again.

I'll try just complimenting her on the rings and seeing where that goes. All the others are brilliant suggestions, but that one seems to fit my personality and would flow better. ;)

You know, I've noticed that she has a rather large nose for her face, and I think that's one of the main reasons I find her attractive. I LOOOOVVVVEEEE her nose!!!!!!!!!! :) LOL...I never thought I was a nose-guy, but it really does complete her face and really turns me onnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Anyone remember "Kill Bill"? That chick named Go-Go? She had a big nose too! No wonder I thought she was the shizzle.

Anyway, I'm off to work. Thanks for the tips

I was in class yesterday and I noticed my friend was wearing a big sparkler on her wedding ring finger so i asked her was she engaged and she started laughing and called me an eejit and said no. I also noticed my other friend wears her Claddagh ring on that finger.

So its actually pretty common for a non married/ engaged woman to wear her ring on that finger. I never do it though :shrug:

Good luck, I hope it works out

I wear my claddagh ring on that finger, and many single women wear a ring/rings on that finger now. Sometimes even to keep creeps away..I know I've worn a fake and a real diamond for that purpose

I don't mean that you're a creep of course...

i do have a rather unusual wedding ring set. my band has some small diamonds on it and my engagement ring has an emerald with diamond baguettes, instead of, say, the other way around.

however, i did also wear rings on my left hand before i was even dating anyone. i just ran out of fingers, really. when you buy stuff to fit your ring finger you can only wear one on your right hand before you've gotta move to the left hand too.

Okay, I haven't seen her lately, but I asked more opinions and this is what I got...

1) It could be a promise ring. Typically girls have stones like turquoise when they get a promise from a boyfriend that they'll get engaged.

2) She's hip, and married. She and her lover wanted to be different and went without the diamond.

3) She's single and looking for a little thing called Danospano....urrr I mean looking a big thing called The Danospano...yeah, that's it. ;)

Okay, I made up the last one, but it SHOULD be the only option :)

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I've been preoccupied in the last week, so I haven't done anything new. I still think she's the cutest librarian (aside from my mother ;) ) but I can't bring myself to ask about it.

I just watched "The Sopranos" DVD and all of sudden feel like Big Pussy...in name only. :(

The thing is, she works in a public library and deals with a lot of creeps everyday. I'm sure she's hit-on by a bunch of lowlives, so I don't want to rush up and make it too obvious that I'm interested in her. That's really the problem. I see other guys do that stuff, and it makes me sick, and I don't want to be like them. Does that make sense?

MrsSpringsteen said:
I wear my claddagh ring on that finger, and many single women wear a ring/rings on that finger now. Sometimes even to keep creeps away..I know I've worn a fake and a real diamond for that purpose

Hmm, that's 1/2 right for me. I do wear a "wedding band" looking ring on my left finger. I mean, from a few feet away, it looks like one, but up close, you can tell it's not. I'm in a long distance relationship, and this guy seems really serious, he's brought up the 'm' word, (first I might add). I figure, its easier to say I'm not single, without having to say anything. I found this ring in a store, and it later occured to me, there's a very special coincidence to the ring, and us, so I wear it.

Yeah, I'd also say I wear the ring to keep, well, any guys away, as I love someone else.

I'm sorry if I confuse the guys, but well, I think it just keeps from accidental flirting. Not on my part, but I think some guys mistake my general niceness for flirting.

Last edited:
Danospano said:

The thing is, she works in a public library and deals with a lot of creeps everyday. I'm sure she's hit-on by a bunch of lowlives, so I don't want to rush up and make it too obvious that I'm interested in her. That's really the problem. I see other guys do that stuff, and it makes me sick, and I don't want to be like them. Does that make sense?

Yeah, and I see your point. But she's probably quite adept at discerning who's a creep and who isn't, so she may be able to tell that your suave charm is the real deal.

Just don't follow her home or anything. That usually doesn't work.

martha said:

Yeah, and I see your point. But she's probably quite adept at discerning who's a creep and who isn't, so she may be able to tell that your suave charm is the real deal.

Just don't follow her home or anything. That usually doesn't work.

But stalking is so fun!!!!!!!!! :)

So, I'll continue to charm her and see where it goes.

Just be really friendly and funny!! Its a cliche, but be yourself. She will respond to someone who just makes her day more fun, than someone hitting on her.

I work in a fairly similar situation and I get alot of creeps. Nothing repulses me more than when someone says to my male co-worker "I'll talk to her, cause she's cuter." :yuck: It's demeaning.

But if a guy is funny and charming, acts like himself without Flirting (with a capital F!) then I am far, far more interested because I liked talking to them and it really improved my day.

I'd say your off to a good start Dano by just seeing how *not* to do it... :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom