So, how much longer do I have to wait?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't kiss anyone until I was 20 (almost 21) and didn't have a boyfriend (now my husband) until I was 21 (almost 22). A few guys liked me in high school and a disturbing number (for me that's more than two) liked me in college, but I was super picky and didn't want to end up tied down and stuck in Kentucky for the rest of my life. :yikes: I used to find it really frustrating that I was in my 20's and had never had a relationship, but now I look back on it and wonder why it was such a big deal.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

btw.. you really want to work in the White House? As admirable as this goal is, are you sure this would make you truly happy? All the intrigues going on there.. I thought of choosing diplomacy once (also did political science), but people told me it´s a cold, lonely job, kind of, and you always have to watch your back.. could be true for any "higher-profile" political position. This is not meant to discourage you at all! - just so that you think of the other side of the coin.

I agree....I really wanted to work in politics/government when I was in high school/college, and even more after I interned one summer in DC for both a senator and a member of Congress when I was in college. Then I moved to DC permanently and worked on the Hill for a couple of years and realized that it wasn't the environment for me (though I miss all the free lunches and getting to leave work early to go to gigs!!). I can thank my years as a federal employee for my disillusionment with the American political system. :D

U2democrat said:
You lived in Kentucky?? Where?? I lived in Lexington for 8 years. Nice place to visit, booooooring to live there!

I completely agree. It's a beautiful state, but there's absolutely nothing to do there and so many places are right out of Deliverance.... I was born in Virginia and we moved back and forth between Virginia and Kentucky a lot when I was younger, so I've lived in several places in both states, but spent the longest in Owensboro, Kentucky (from third grade through high school). I went to college in Campbellsvile, Kentucky (the hellmouth, near Elizabethtown).

Ah I've been to all those towns! That's funny about the "Deliverance" thing.....one time I went canoeing out in the mountains in Kentucky with some friends and it was JUST like the movie (this was before I had seen it). So when I watched the movie all I could do was think about that canoeing trip and thank goodness it didin't turn out bad. :ohmy:

Kentucky, England, and Virginia.....

Those sort of all are places I would like to visit.....

But I wonder what it's like outside of the US. I don't think I like it here much.... and oddly enough...... through some sort of "destiny" thing, it says I'm supposed to marry/fall in love with a foreigner, or have a love abroad, or both......

...hmm....

(Maybe it's just playing with my "thing" for ladies from a certain part of the world.....)

Anyways.....
Deliverence..... that's.... a little unsettling....

Yeah, and that's right.
It really isn't a big deal that you're not like other people in regards to having a relationship.

You're just special.

And personally, I think it's smarter if people wait. Like someone before said, it's better to have a Mr Right than a Mr Right Now.

For me, It's been odd, though, because I've basicaly seen people make all the mistakes, and I know exactly what I want in a relationship.

From friends, too, but also my dad, after the divorce, I've seen all into the dating games and etc. I've gotten a really good view at what it takes to make a realtionshp work, and what doesn't (though I would have rather not seen someone I care about go through the gauntlet)

But I don't have any problem with waiting for the right person.

And personally, I think people get into realtionshps for a wrong reason most of the time.

Many people get into a realtionship due to insecurity,
instead of having an actual connection and mutual desire to be with the other person. And realtionships where one person is just using another.,..
...those are ugly....

So there's nothing wrong with being picky or selective.

There's billlions of people in the world, and only one 'you'.
I guess the most important thing is really knowing what you want.
It may take some trial and error, but finding that out is critical.
And sometimes it's good just to be in a minor relationship so you can get a feel for things. A bit of a sample , if you will.

But honestly, if there's no one who makes you feel like you want to be in a relationship with them right now, that's not neccesarily your fault.

heh, time for a bad example :ohmy: :wink:
Some people are snipers, some machine gunners.

But it really comes down to the old saying
(Barry White)"It's not what you got (babe), it's how you use it"

:rolleyes: :angel: :hmm: :)

Last edited:
Well I fell into a bit of a trap by managing to meet a great girl and then by pure coincidence befriend (as friends) her best friend, and that whole thing is a little tricky - long story short don't wait too long when you know what you want and don't regret anything, ever.

Hey, U2Dem I know how you feel! I'm 17 and I hadn't been kissed until last summer when I went to Dublin, yes it seems that I had to leave my country to get kissed for the first time! I realised what was the problem: I don't get to know any interesting people here. I mean, I know a lot of people but NOT the right ones, you know? And I'm sure that's your problem too. On the other hand, there's a boy I've liked for... almost one year and a half and I tend to compare everyone with him so although I don't want to do it I don't give myself the chance of knowing any people, do you know what I mean? I don't know if that could be your problem too.

Next year I'm going to college (and that means I have to move) I'm afraid of doing it because I don't want to leave my friends and my family here but I need to know more people. I've never had a true relationship with anyone and I wish I met someone I had something in common with (yes, i've had kisses, and so what? that's nothing special if there are no feelings involved, I promise).

In summary, you and me are basically in the same situation: we are not like other people in HS and we can't find any maturity in guys our age. I hope this changes when we go to college!And about the kisses... don't worry, you are not missing that much!

teehee said:
I've never had a true relationship with anyone and I wish I met someone I had something in common with (yes, i've had kisses, and so what? that's nothing special if there are no feelings involved, I promise).

In summary, you and me are basically in the same situation: we are not like other people in HS and we can't find any maturity in guys our age. I hope this changes when we go to college!And about the kisses... don't worry, you are not missing that much!

It's basically the same for me, like I've said.

I think this is a somewhat common occurence, or so it would appear. But the best thing for me was understanding that I'm not wrong in being myself.

(people actually respect you for doing this, but often times the social constraints of HS don't let them show it. Respect and "what's cool" or 'popular" are two different things... as far as HS goes....)

ugh........

6 more months....
6 more months!!!!!!!

....can't stop dancing yet, I'm almost there.....

:dance:

:dance:

For Honor said:
through some sort of "destiny" thing, it says I'm supposed to marry/fall in love with a foreigner, or have a love abroad, or both......

I've felt that way since I was about four, and my friends used to always joke about me marrying someone British. Then I did. :D (On the other hand, my husband hated America until he met me!)

u2democrat, believe it or not, i'm 35 and haven't had a real kiss either :ohmy:
i've been waiting for the right person too.
and only just this year do i finally have a bf who loves me back :heart:
unfortunately he's too far away to give a real :kiss: to, at least until next year :sexywink: :hyper:

u2democrat - You sound like a very intelligent, smart, lovely& sensible girl. I hope it happens for you soon&that you enjoy it!
I didn't kiss anyone properly 'til i was 18 either, and let me tell you it was worth the wait. I never got dragged into all of this peer pressure that used to go around where i'm from in Scotland. Somehow, i just felt that it was kind of silly to go off with some guy just to 'prove' you'd done it! :eyebrow: It's sooo good when you actually choose your own time. It was very enjoyable for me as i wanted it! So i really wish you luck young girl& you want the guy to take his time too, no rushing it! Good luck with it all and i'll be looking out for your story when it turns up! Go girl :) :up:

I had my first kiss when I was 15, and that's when I had my first (and only) boyfriend, too. We dated for five months, then broke up when I moved, and that was in May of 2000. I've been single ever since then. There's times when I do wish I were in a relationship, but there's also times when being single is nice, too. It's a very odd thing.

But you're certainly not alone in this whole thing, U2democrat, and may there be a guy out there who will be worthy of you, and may you find him one day :hug: :).

Angela

Happy New Year

U2democrat... I'm in the same boat

20 years old, 21 in June... in March I start my 3rd year in college and nothing... not even a real posibility or at least someone a tangible rumor of some, any girl after me...

And the ones I've fallen in love for (because I'm an idiot, I don't like, I fall in love) have been:
Nº1 - pregnant (not me)
2 - my best friend (that's so screwed up, It would never be the same again)
3 - a girl that some people say liked me when I was after Nº1

so... either nature (and bad condoms) was against me, or a stupid dream, or bad timming... the 3 in the last 2 years of high school

And in College nothing either... The only girl I "think" I like (beacuse I don't know what happens to me with her) erased and blocked me from MSN like a year and a half ago... and I'm too chicken to ask her why.

And i think I'm worse than you... you're a girl... a blond girl... every man has the blond girl fantasy
I'm a man... I don't like that much the way I look (the no-kiss-no-girlfriend thing doesn't help either), but I try to stay positive... but sometimes you just can't...

Maybe that's one of the reasons I wanna be a rock star (for real), [that and change the world]... it could be a cactus up there in the stage, it just turns to beauty if it's up there... :|

Someone said that you should post your picture... I think the same....
or if you have MSN we could rant together... :wink:

Last edited:
dont worry youll get your chance

im 24 and never kissed a boy either :shrug:

I'm not as pretty as y'all think I sound. Really I actually look about 15, which is REALLY annoying because I'm a senior and people sometimes mistake me for a freshman. :madspit: However 20 years from now I'll be happy because I'll look younger than I am :wink:

U2democrat said:
I'm not as pretty as y'all think I sound. Really I actually look about 15, which is REALLY annoying because I'm a senior and people sometimes mistake me for a freshman. :madspit: However 20 years from now I'll be happy because I'll look younger than I am :wink:
:up: I have a girlfriend that is looking 20 years younger than she is . And i am not a very experienced kisser also.

:wink:

Last edited:
on thursday I went to a Pub... the asked me for my ID... and I'm 20 (here you can drink since you're 18)

Like a month ago I was at a scout meeting of the xone... like 4 districts togheter, like 300 kids, and I was in charge of 8... suposedly we were getting a "meeting" patch, so me and the kids go to another Chief and I sak for the patches.... she says "ask your Chief"... :| "I am the chief"... :ohmy: ... and we're talking scouts... so she tought I was at least 15...

Once I went to see a movie... it was for 14+ years old.... I was 18, and 18 it's the last censorship, so I can watch whatever I want... anyway, I aproach the ticket stand and I ask for the movie... the girl asked me for my age... I was :ohmy: :|

I think I don't appeal to 20 year old girls... looks like my demograhic (even on Messenger) it's 19 tops...

And I don't know if that's good or bad :scratch:

PS: I like girls that look younger that their age... that's what I've noticed

Last edited:
Don't worry about looking younger. It bothered me a lot too. And I was blessed with my father's genes and had flawless skin which believe me, makes you look a lot younger than you are. The thing is, you get into your mid-20s and then you start to see a bit of aging creep into your friends and the people around you, and those signs are absent on your face still and it feels great.

Heh, I have a bunch of them too (I'm very pale), but none on my face. I'm otherwise spotted like a Dalmatian. :ohmy:

I'm very pale too. I have on one the very tip top of my forehead on the right side, but my hair usually covers it. I have freckles all over my face but surprisingly not on my arms. However my sister was the same way but ever since she had a kid her body chemistry changed and now she has freckles everywhere. So does my mom.

There could be a lot worse things on your face than moles.......
(...)

Happy New year everyone.

WEll, since there was talk about age difference, it should be noted that according to chinese zodiac stuff, sometimes the best coudples can be found at different ages, seeing how the signs are arranged by years and not lunar cycles, (although it's via the lunar year and not the Roman Calendar).

But like one of the best combinations is between a Rabbit and a Ram, which are 4 years apart.

I know this because I'm a rabbit..... (....) and i was interseted in all that stuff. Even if it's mumbo jumbo, it's interesting to see how people can fit into catagories...

But you never know what the stars have in store. Hell, I didn't know that the first 3 nights of 2005 would be spent being up really late- I probably won't get to sleep until 1 (if I'm lucky), and I've had insomnia for about a week now.

It's also tricky to wait for someone you sort of love, and you know you won't see for a long time.....

I don't really have anything on my face, other than the occasional pimple :madspit:. I do have a dimple on my left cheek, though-and a lot of people seem to like dimples, so I guess that's a plus. I'm quite pale, too-my sister keeps telling me I should get out in the sun more often. But I'm just not much of an outdoor person.

For Honor said:
WEll, since there was talk about age difference, it should be noted that according to chinese zodiac stuff, sometimes the best coudples can be found at different ages, seeing how the signs are arranged by years and not lunar cycles, (although it's via the lunar year and not the Roman Calendar).

But like one of the best combinations is between a Rabbit and a Ram, which are 4 years apart.

I know this because I'm a rabbit..... (....) and i was interseted in all that stuff. Even if it's mumbo jumbo, it's interesting to see how people can fit into catagories...

No kidding, that is interesting. I was born in the year of the rat, so I'm curious...what does that stuff say for people like me?

Originally posted by For Honor
It's also tricky to wait for someone you sort of love, and you know you won't see for a long time.....

*Nods* The guy I mentioned earlier that was my first boyfriend...we got back in touch last year, and I would really, really like to see him again, but I don't know when that'll happen. I don't know if I'm really falling in love with him or anything, but I am kinda interested to see what happens between us if we did meet up again.

Gah. It's all so complicated, this dating/love/relationships thing.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom