single interchicks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm currently single, but would probably tell someone I'm dating about interference if it got a little serious.

I would hope that he would be understanding about it, if not interested. Hopefully he'll at least like their music a little bit.

I've told some of my friends about interference, and only my best friend understands, since she's a huge U2 fan herself.

However, I would probably not admit how much time I spend here every day! :wink:

Last edited:
honestly, a concern for me would be that this person would come find me and read my posts

:|

So, I'd say my name was u24EVAh937 and I post at atu2.com.

I don't think I'd want another U2 fanatic... He can understand and respect my fandom, but I want them to myself. :sexywink:

And as for that them coming to find all my posts... I shudder to think of anyone I date reading some of my threads... The shopping thread, the I'm In Big Trouble trilogy, my Popwhore days... :uhoh:

At that point they might start slowly stepping away and telling me "it's not you, it's me" then high tailing it outta there!

well, to answer this question without holding a pity party for myself, i'll just say that i've told my good friends that i post on a U2 forum. i've even posted from one of their computers. but i don't get too involved about the intricate details about interference, as well as the fact that i spend most of my time here in the sub forums that don't have anything to do with U2.

bonosgirl84 said:
it's my journal that i wonder about.
indeed. that's why my journal is mostly song lyrics and 'woe is me'-type shit. i try not to write anything that is too descriptive of my own life, though there are a few entries that are rather specific. i'd probably just say that i'm a member of a U2 forum and just leave it at that.

Since my husband and I met on a band's message board (and a band he didn't even really like), it really wasn't embarrassing for me to tell him about Interference, and he knew about it from my posts there when we first started talking.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I don't think I'd want another U2 fanatic... He can understand and respect my fandom, but I want them to myself. :sexywink:

I think it would drive me crazy if my husband were obsessed with U2. He doesn't hate them, but he doesn't love them either. I would love to have U2 friends, but in a romantic relationship, I need things that are just my own. I don't want to be married to myself. :no:

*Ally* said:

:yes: it would be cool to meet another U2 fanatic- the only requirement is that he can't love bono more than he loves me! :wink: :giggle:

He?!? What about 'She'?!?!? :( :sad:

[I wouldn't care... It's not like Bono's gonna divorce Ali for a girlfriend of mine... right?? :sigh: ]

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I don't tell them because I feel silly about it.

ditto

which is why i'm always on the look out for a fellow u2 freak female.

they're usually married though. sucks.

i saw this one chick at an unforgettable fire show who was smokin' and was singing along to the words to Gone, which made her twice as smoking, who also seemed to be semi interested... but my fucking sister was with me, and seeing as i wasn't wearing a shirt that said "she's my sister i can still fuck you," yea... she turned elsewhere.

very depressing.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

i saw this one chick at an unforgettable fire show who was smokin' and was singing along to the words to Gone, which made her twice as smoking, who also seemed to be semi interested... but my fucking sister was with me, and seeing as i wasn't wearing a shirt that said "she's my sister i can still fuck you," yea... she turned elsewhere.

:lmao:

I can't believe she wasn't turned on by that shirt. She obviously has no sense of humour :tsk:

lmjhitman said:
indeed. that's why my journal is mostly song lyrics and 'woe is me'-type shit. i try not to write anything that is too descriptive of my own life, though there are a few entries that are rather specific. i'd probably just say that i'm a member of a U2 forum and just leave it at that.

i think i was misunderstood when i said that about my journal. this might only make sense to a few of you, but my journal is actually the one part of this place that i would want someone i was involved with to see.

in reponse to the original post:

Sooner than later they would find out I'm a U2 fan, and probably interference shortly after. But if/when I do get into a more serious relationship, I probably won't post as much here, to be honest. Either that, or drastically, drastically more, heh. But I'd prefer to spend time doing other things together :shh:

But I wouldn't ever "not tell" someone about my being a U2 fan, or this site. I mean, I might not bust it out on them "*points at self* Over 4000 posts on interference.com, baby -yeah, what are you doing tonight? :sexywink: " :no: :lol: no, not at all. It doesn't work that way, well, not usually, I don't suppose...

But I have severe honesty issuese, among other things, so I don't have a problem with telling people I use this site.

I told my whateverheis about this place pretty quickly. I think it would be kind of hard for me to hide considering how much time I spend on here. He's a :nerd: too though so I knew he wouldn't think it was weird. If that wasn't the case...dunno if I'd tell so quickly. :shrug:
:hmm:

He has visited occasionally, hasn't made an account though.

I've never told anyone about this place (dirty little secret, right, haha)...my friends know i have "internet friends" and lovingly call me a sick little internet freak...my parents would flip to know i post here. i doubt i'd tell a boyfriend if i had one about this place. maybe that i like to post on music forums, but not the actual one or anything. :no:

although as it stands i don't have to worry about that. yeah

meegannie said:
I think it would drive me crazy if my husband were obsessed with U2. He doesn't hate them, but he doesn't love them either. I would love to have U2 friends, but in a romantic relationship, I need things that are just my own. I don't want to be married to myself. :no:

I think this implies that you are only about U2. I personally know that you are so much more than U2...as we all are.

Dating/being married to another U2 fanatic would be fine...as long as you do have those things that are your own!

I'm embarrassed enough to tell people I am a U2 fan, let alone a girlfriend. For the most part, people hate U2. You're not cool if you like U2. For 20 years, I have always tried to keep my obsession for U2 private. But I love this band so much, that it's hard. If a girl knew that I love U2, they would seriously get turned off. :|

I think I have been replaced....

I have dated a few women since signing on here in 2001.

Some I have told...some I have not. It all depended on the individual and if they were "connected" to the music and the Internet.

I told one individual about this place...even showed her around it. She got jealous of the amount of time I spent online with at least one of the posters in this thread. The relationship ended abruptly...and I am still friends with that individual! :D:up:

bonosgirl84 said:
who really thinks it's sexy that i post crackerjack comments back and forth with mk all day long other than mk and i.

:drool:

bonosgirl84 said:
it's my journal that i wonder about.

It is like a fishing net...

WildHoneyAlways said:
When I first started coming here I had a serious boyfriend and never told him about this place.

In fact, since then I've never told anyone I've dated about interference. :hmm:

Maybe I need to meet another U2 freak.

Or you could just convert someone and make them crazy like yourself. That's what Livluv did. When I met my girlfriend, I saw her on this blue screen but never wanted any part of it really. I wasn't so much into forums at that time. Slowly, she started working U2 mix cds into my collection. I mean, I had known and liked U2 since I was like 12, but like I said, she started making me cd's of B-sides/sleepy mix cd's/Mix cd's for 6 months etc. And I went on and got every album for myself.

I have always known I'm second to Bono. But I accept that and work a little harder every day to win her heart over that man. Maybe some time that day will come. :sad: (please note sarcasm.)

bonosgirl84 said:

i think i was misunderstood when i said that about my journal. this might only make sense to a few of you, but my journal is actually the one part of this place that i would want someone i was involved with to see.
i geddit! :happy:

bg, your writing is so amazing.

your journal is the only thing about this place i would want anyone to see, as well.

I probably would tell a boyfriend about this place. I've told friends about this place, but just mentioned it casually. I haven't gotten into how close I am to many people on this site. They've seen me post though. And my brother knows about interference since I met up with some interferencers at a U2 show a few weeks ago.

Funny, I just told the bf about this site last week. He just laughed and said, "You're so addicted." And of all forums, I was checking PLEBA. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom