Silly relationship question.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
*sigh*, well, I don't really even know if I should be writing this, becuase I don't know if it really makes a difference. It really is silly...

You see.............

There is a girl I know, let's call her Sarah. I met her two years ago, back when I was a sophmore in highschool. It was a pretty... interesting way of meeting someone, and, long story short, I guess she really liked me.

Of course, there is a lot more to write about that situation, but really, I'm concerned with the present. I will say, though, that because I was such a shy kid, and rather insecure at that time, I was too afraid to be someone's boyfriend, even though she is a very kind person...

......fastforward....

So here I am, a Senior. She is, too. It's the second semester now, but at the begining of the school year, I was surprised to see her sitting next to me in my first period class.

Over the course of the year, we've gotten to be friends, I'll admit. Perhaps one of my better friends, but, then again, I don't "hang out" with anyone. No, Sarah and I don't do anything together, except share two classes.

I'm pretty sure I just have some sort of a crush on her, because we flirt horribly. I mean, really badly. We are subtle about it, but sometimes I can't help but smile, even when she just jokingly frowns at me. It's really strange.

But at the same time, I have always enjoyed being able to talk to her about things on a mature level. A lot has changes in these last two years (aka the story of my life has changed...), but I can't help wonder how she feels about me.

It's obvious that I have some sort of feelings for her, but really, I don't want to jeopardize our friendship, because I have a very, very short list of people that I even talk to, or, write an email to. The problem is, she has a lot of qualities, that, maturely speaking, I find attractive and noteworthy: She wants to be in a mature relationship, she's caring, she has motivation and is willing to work. Sometimes she works all night to get money for things, and I know a lot of people who just don't do that. I repsect her.

She has a positive attitude and an overall good personality.

In many ways, I wish I was more socially capable 2 years ago, because it would have been really interesting to have known Sarah last year.... But I won't worry about that past.

Recently, things have really heated up with some converstations that sort of lead into talking about sex, and even though we only mentioned the word, Friday brought a sense of shyness to us both, but one we sort of acknowledged and laughed about...
I'll see her again on monday with classes, but I find myself thining about her every now and then......

But I'm just concerned, because I don't want to overstep the line and throw something good away.

And, of course, there's the other things. THe main reason I never thought about having a girlfriend in the first place is because it would just be too hard- as in, I can't really do anything with anyone right now. My environment is really odd, and I'm having a good enough challenge with it myself. And also, I will be going off to college soon, and so will she.

me being on the serious side, I almost wonder if it would be pointless to start something that would likely end when we go are separate ways, even though we will be in the same state.

But I've already had one dealing with a long distance, well..... 'affair'........ ...... ....... .............

nevertheless..... one thing, and I probably talk to her about this with her, is that I really am finding myself to want to have a good relationship, and really, to be able to focus on one person, and just keeping them happy. I know it sounds strange, but I've just seen so many bad relationships, and so many people who don't know how to be in a relaitionship, and so many immature people, that when I do do something, I want to do it properly.

I think Sarah will understand what I mean.

I would talk about everything in this post with her, but I don't want to rush anything, one way or another.

So right now, I guess I will just try to maintain a good friendship with her, and see how things go...

I don't know why, but I feel like writing this, too:
(it has nothing to do with the overall meaning of the song itself, but just the plain lyrics)

"Who's to say where the wind will take you
Who's to know what it is will break you
I don't know which way the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time has come around
Don't wanna see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye

In summer I can taste the salt in the sea
There's a kite blowing out of control on a breeze
I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me

I'm a man,
I'm not a child.........

If you don't proceed now, and proceeding SLOWLY is fine, you will spend the rest of your life wondering what could have been, what might have been, and what you wanted it to have been for the rest of your life. To use a worn out cliche': "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all". Go for it! Good luck!

Yeah, I guess that is a fair way to look at it

It's weird, I'm not usually here on a Saturday night (here as in, well, where I am, and here as in online).

I wonder, though, for both of us......

what would be better for us, a good friend, or a more intimate relationship?

:eyebrow:

Only time will tell....keep your mind open to the possibilites of each one, communicate with her as much as possible. Good luck!:up:

*sigh*

Well...... I've sort of concluded that I probably shouldn't be in a relationship right now anyways.

There's just so much shit, and I don't use that word lightly- I really don't like using vulgarities- but that's the best way to put it...

There's just so much shit going on that even if I were to meet someone I really wanted to be in a relationship (which I do), that it just wouldn't work out. There's just so much.........blah

And I find that the more I try to explain things, the worse they get. But also, I don't feel like I can really be close to someone unless they understand about me..... which leads into the great impasse - my environment basically blocks out all notions of a relationship.

Because I can explain it here, and nowhere else, I might as well give it a shot -

1. My family is in shambles. It's not "bad", but we would be a tremendous Dr Phil/Oprah/Maury type show. My mother, father, and stepmother are all going in different directions.

2. Dad - his social life in finding a woman post-divorce is driving me insanse. He is now a shell of his former self, getting involved with people who do drugs, though he himself claims that he has never done anything himself, and I belive him. But he gets offfended if anyone assumes that, yet he is perfecty comfortable pondering engagement to someone who is a known crackhead and comes from a really bad part of the city. I don't discriminate, but if you act a certain way, I am going to respond a certain way to you...

3. Mom. ......... I think she's going over the edge. I'm the only thing in her life, and she's cracking down on my left and right. For the first time in my life, I've got a curfew on internet usage.... She's just trying to flex her muscles on me before I'm 18, and I go away. She is spearheading a graduation party for me, trying to get the 3 sides of my family together, and I am dreading it.

That last thing I want is all of my family together in one spot.

I know everyone cares about me to an extent, and I about them, but, iit's just too much, and it will be emotinoally draining for me. Again. And I....... I'm worried that I'm just going to abandon my family later on.

I've tried to do all I can, and I'm honest. But there's nothing I can do, so, I'll just have to leave them on their own.

I'm tired of being apologized to.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Basically, I don't have any interaction with people after school.

And it's so damn annoying - the little contact I do get with people, I am continually discouraged in that kids are so immature.

I understand that all of my problems essentially come back to me, and my perception of things, but I'm tired of thinking that it's all up to me, or that if I do this, everything will be different.

I'm just waiting for college to come so I can have a fresh new atmostphere. And to get out of this town, too.

I dealt with a similar situation in high school. I was maybe a little flirty-friendly with this girl at best. We never hang out, but I thought she was unbelievable. Nothing really happened between us, and now I am about to graduate college. The first couple years of college I have to admit I missed having her around anyhow. By now, I've gotten over it.

Enjoy it while you can, chase girls for the fun of it. :wink:

Provocative thought, and a Macfistowannabe original:

If you keep your options open for long enough, you might run out of options.

YEah, but I've sort of just concluded that right now I don't know anyone who cares the way I do, and if I got in a relationship with someone, I think I would just be very disapointed.

I'm looking for the right person, but I guess I'm pretty high maintenence as far as an actual relationship goes.

Chasing women is one thing, and I understand that and I'm fine with that.

But at the same time, when I get into what I call a relationship, I don't play around.

Generally speaking, I don't play games, and I'm fine with that.
(The way I do things has never been disputed on either end :) )

I don't want to say I'm so mature or whatever, but in regards to me, I just don't play around. Flirting is fun, but like that controversial santana song goes

"you're so smooth..... but..... give me your heart- make it real- or else forget about it"

And honestly, I haven't found anyone who's worth all my efforts yet.

But there are positions availible, and I am taking applications :wink:

....mmm, I guess I'm pretty mercenary and logical when it comes to selecting a girl, but after that, that's when I get more sentimantal and what not..... mushy...... and all that........

:eyebrow:

anyhow, I have plenty of reasons for why I do things the way I do

I write that, and then what happens.........

Just had a really deep conversation with Sarah about how things are going, and, all I can say is that I was glad to be there for her and talk.

That doesn't push things in either direction, but I care about her alot, I realize. A whole lot.

But being a good friend right now seems most appropriate. And that's okay with me. I guess I care a lot in a "friend" way - I wish I could be there for her and make her happy when she is sad, or give her a hug. An instant message can only do so much.

I wish I could be more a part of her life, and be this selfish or wrong I don't know, but I would just want to give her a little nudge in the right direction

or some reassurance
or some comfort

BUt I'm in an odd situation (of course), so I doing what I can from a distance is all I can do right now.

As far as this post, and the one above it goes, this isn't about me liking her or us flirting, this is about me just caring about her.

And for me, it's one of those things where I just want to be there so I can be a positive infleunce, because right now I see her as being unsure, and I just want to give her some advice that is in her best interest.

I am not in this to get her to like me or anything.
I'm not doing this because it makes me feel like a macho man or anything.

But it felt so good to be able to be there for her. It meant a lot to me that she was able to talk to me.

Back
Top Bottom