*sighhhhh* i'm nervous about the future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Seriously... i wonder if i have what it takes to become an independent person (you know, how will i deal with life?). There's skills i should have learned by know, surely. (i won't get into details cause i seriously couldn't show my face here again)

I suppose looking for a job is the first step towards independency, but what if i mess up and get myself fired?

If i didn't make it in college and i don't make it in a job (and don't get me started on my nervousness at job interviews) - what does that make me? Not much, huh? :scratch:

Last but not least, my shyness towards guys is just getting ridicoulus. Who's to say there's someone special out there for me too? I mean, the fact is not everyone finds a soulmate.

I'd like one of those crystal balls to look into the future...you know? Just to know the way it's going to turn out.

ps: Right...that just about sums it up - it's about as confess-y as it gets for me.

Last edited:
I think the first thing you should do is try to be a little more positive about yourself. I didnt go to college and I have a great job as a paralegal making enough money to live on my own.. I didnt think I would be able to but if you have enough confidence in yourself you can do anything! :)

As far as meeting a guy.. I'm sure there is someone special out there for you.. you will know when you meet him, and the older you get most likely your shyness will gradually go away. I was a lot more shy when I was your age than I am now.

If you dont experience things like this in life and have a negative attitude it will never get you anywhere. Try going out with friends. I know you dont drink.. but even having one drink will loosen you up and you will be able to talk to a guy much easier. :macdevil:

One of the hardest and most mature things a person must do is learn to love themselves.

Have the utmost faith in yourself.

You can't live life by the "What If's"

You should live by the "Why Not's?"

U2girl, I was exactly like you are when I was younger and not so sure of myself and my place in the world. After intense soul-searching, I found what my talents were/are, and I learned to slowly like myself, acknowledge my insecurities and what causes them, and very slowly learned to walk with my head held high.

In time, you will be able to do all of those things. :)

Just wait and believe in yourself. Trust your instincts.
And don't do anything that you don't feel unsure about.

Things will work out... they always do. :)

Its normal to feel concerned about the future and the "what ifs" when you are young, and because you think deeply about it and you care about your future I am sure you will surge forward just fine!
Its all out there waiting for you...I made a lot of mistakes in my life before I finally felt comfortable with myself and learnt what was important and what was not, its also with that kind of knowledge that you gain confidence in yourself and what is attractive to you in others. Beauty from the inside is just as important to a guy, well it is to me anyway, and shyness can and is overcome, just give it time. :)

Well there is some great advice here from soem other women here for you. As a dude, I tell ya that your spunkiness here in the forum(s) is really and guys dig that. Guys can dig a shy girlie too so I guess the message (not massage) is to just be yourself. At least you are being true to you and everyone else, and the end result is that you won't have to change for anyone special or not. First impressions are usually a good basis, but watch out for the pleasurable desires that override them sometimes.

As for a job, remember-just do your best. My gosh it gets easier as you go on. There is not a job out there (no matter how much college or traininng you have) that you won't get trained on the spot for anyway. Every company has their own way of doing things. Do your best girl, and be proud of what you do and forge ahead with your agenda for your own self while keeping regards for others.

You will be fine sweetheart. NEVER EVER sell yourself short either.

XOXOXO

I'm 20 years old. I still live at home with my dad, since I'm still in college. I'll be finished with school at the end of this year though. I'm so afraid I won't be able to find a job and get a place...I'm a total Daddy's girl, and I always rely on my dad for so much. When John finishes school and can move here, we'll have a place together, and I worry about him finding work out here as well...I worry about us making it out there because so many people are telling us that we are going to flop.

I guess I take comfort in friends and having people to talk to. I met people recently who have next to nothing except for love for each other, and that is where it's all at. I'm not talking love as in a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife way either...I'm talkin' 'bout friendship love. A little bit of that goes a long way.

Just try to have faith that things will work out, as long as you try and don't give up.

I'm going through a bit of that now as well. Having confidence in yourself is the real key to getting what you want, I'm finding more and more from experience and from talking to others. I'm slowly but surely working on upping my level of it, and hopefully you will take steps that help you in that area as well. It's not easy, nothing ever is, but keep chipping away at it and one day the good stuff will just flow to you. :)

hmm...should we recap my last week?

4/2 : lilly graduated from high school

4/4 : lilly turned 18.

meaning that within a span of 2 days the world was at my door and i'm afraid i have yet to answer it. not because i don't want to, more because i don't know HOW to. i mean, i am so scared to go to college next year, though i have yet to pinpoint why. ooo this post could go on forever, but i shall spare you all this shit. go on with your regularly scheduled lives now.

Thanks everyone!

Sicy: i believe this makes it into the history books - don't think you ever posted under my thread in Confessionals before. :)

As for guys - - we'll see. Suppose i meet a guy - first there's a risk he's not interested, or that he's some jerk who'll end up hurting me (no offense to all the good guys of the world) or that i might scare him away. (what with my lack of experiences in the relationship matters)
BTW, that is one badass devil smiley LOL.

I guess it goes around in circles, and good and bad things take turns, it's just that the waiting/insecurity is starting to bug me. It's like "come on, isn't it time that the good things come again?" you know? And of course the big one "can i make it in life on my own"?

I still haven't found what i'm looking for - how very true...

Last edited:
my life is in just about the exact same place as yours right now...i just pray that god'll take my life and shove it in a direction...whatever it may be...

definitely be more confident - it always helps esp. in interviews etc....

all you need is confidence (and love)

Back
Top Bottom