shhh....it's a boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
alright so we love animals, my husband and I. I'm allergic to cats and it's looking like over the years I've become allergic to dogs too.
Well for our wedding 3 years ago, I paid off the balance on our 4 month old Blue and Gold macaw and gave her to him for a wedding gift. A friend of ours was super sweet and made a video of Harley "talking" to my husband, telling him that "mom paid me off so when you get back from your honeymoon I get to come home with you!!!!".

Well this same friend of ours, she's a great friend, she called last night and told us there was a blue and gold that needed rescuing right away. He's a few months younger than Harley but they came from the same "parents", just different clutches.
So we talked about it and decided that yes we would take him in, our intent was to take him and his cage and things and provide a safe place for him.....but in this short time we've fallen in love with him. He's not been handled for so long and he's so attention starved that he just wants to cuddle up in your arms.
Of course Harley was jealous as all get out last night, but she's excited too, to have a friend.
So now comes the secret.....we can't let my parents find out. In the words of my husband, "They'll kill us!". Granted we're old enough and Frankie didn't cost anything, but yeah....somehow I know they would think they'd have a say in this and they'd be pissed.

So our office is now being turned in to a "pet room" this weekend. we now have 2 blue and gold macaws, 2 bunnies, a mouse, and 2 clown fish and a fire shrimp. The fish and shrimp are no problem, they'll stay where they are, but yeah.....the bunnies and the mouse have to find a room and so do the birds for when people come over! lol oy....more house work.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom