She's breaking my heart!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
My cat that is. She's been watching me pack stuff into boxes so I can move into my dorm. She knows something's up, and she keeps giving me this really sad look, and earlier today she settled down in my lap. She NEVER sits in my lap! Never! I already knew that I would miss her more than anything, but her being depressed isn't helping any.

32026chloesmall.jpg

That's my baby, Chloe.

Mine used to do the same when I would leave for college:sad: it is sad:sad:

My guy Spike would lay across all my stuff:(

I have a cat named Chloe back at my dad's. :cute:

:hug:

When I moved out of my dad's to go down and live with my boyfriend, leaving my cats behind was one of the hardest things...especially leaving my sweet Whiskers. :sad: I miss her so much that I cry. And whenever I go home for a visit, I always cry when I have to leave. I love her so much. :heart:

:hug:

Leaving pets behind is so hard. They can be such a comfort and it really sucks when they know something is up. I have three cats and whenever I go away, one meows pitifully, another sits on or in my suitcase and third gets very lovey and affectionate. They make it almost impossible for me to leave.

U2democrat said:

I'll only be an hour and a half away, but I won't want to be coming back very often. If only there were a way to come visit my kitty and not deal with my parents :lol:

:lol:

you sound like me when i moved away for uni--my parents were somewhat offended by the fact that i was more upset about missing my dog than i was about missing them.

My dog gets like that when we're going away. When my parents went to Europe for a few weeks he knew something was up and wouldn't even come to say good bye to them - he hid out in the dining room.

They seem to be able to sense when something is going on.

You need a kitty webcam :hug:

And that line could have come out a lot dirtier if I made the wrong choice of words :hmm:

I hated leaving Posh and Becks when I left for Africa, especially since Posh was only half grown and I knew she'd look and act like a different cat when I got back.

It really sucks that dorms and even most apartment landlords won't let you keep cats. I've known humans who weren't nearly as neat and clean as kitties - or as nice to be around.

Bono's shades said:
It really sucks that dorms and even most apartment landlords won't let you keep cats. I've known humans who weren't nearly as neat and clean as kitties - or as nice to be around.

In dorms it makes sense b/c the rooms are small. Well, maybe some are big, but ours were 9'x15'. There's no WAY two people and a cat could be happy in there together. There's not enough space and no place for a litter box, and you're living in close proximity to like 50 other girls who could have serious cat dander allergies. I have known a few people who've kept kittens in their rooms for short periods of time though. We were allowed to have pets that remained full submerged in water, so I always kept a few fish and a few newts. I also had TONS of plants. My desk area was like going through a jungle of palms and vines to get to the computer.

Now that I rent a house, I convinced the landlady to let me keep animals, but I had to pay her $300. It's worth it though, to me at least. Most of the house is covered in my own carpet anyway, so I'm not worried about damage.

Mushy...

anyhow, my cat has a thing with suitecases. I do not believe he associated it with me leaving, but he sort of... attacks it. Or like, paws at it a lot, and always tries to get inside it. It's not so much that he wants to "go with me", I don't think, but, I don't know..

He gets mad when I come home, or when my mom does and he's been a lone for a few days. That doesn't happen very often, so perhaps that is why.

His routine is, when I get home, he always wants to do something at night with me. And if I don't "go to sleep" and let him "sleep" with me, then he wants to play a lot, and gets really rambunxious. (sp). But he's a very good, level headed cat.

When I move away to college, I think he might be moving, as well, to my stepmothers house, but we'll see....

Back
Top Bottom