sad for no reason at all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blindinglights7

The Fly
For awhile, I have just been (overall) in a bad mood. Even going to see U2 didn't really cheer me up. I'm just kinda depressed, for no apparent reason at all. Right now, I have all A's in school, am not overly stressed (at the moment... last week was stressful), have gotten enough sleep, and should be fairly content. But no.

Today I was hanging out with one of my teachers from last year. Even he was like, you seem depressed. He's a very intuitive person, but still. And he noticed like the minute I walked in. It was crazy. I'm usually a very... smiley... person, but that's gone away. Maybe it's still there to some degree, but some of it's fake. I don't think at all that I have depression... but I shouldn't be sad!!! There is no reason for it.

Anybody else ever feel like this??? :|

Sometimes I feel like that too...I think everyone does at some point.

But I don't know WHY it happens...I guess we all have our moments...up or down.

I can't really give you any advice on this, given that a lot of the time I find myself in the same situation.:|

........ at least you know you're not alone.

But..... if you find that there IS something bothering you...I'm always willing to listen and help. :hug:

blindinglights7 said:
For awhile, I have just been (overall) in a bad mood. Even going to see U2 didn't really cheer me up. I'm just kinda depressed, for no apparent reason at all. Right now, I have all A's in school, am not overly stressed (at the moment... last week was stressful), have gotten enough sleep, and should be fairly content. But no.

Today I was hanging out with one of my teachers from last year. Even he was like, you seem depressed. He's a very intuitive person, but still. And he noticed like the minute I walked in. It was crazy. I'm usually a very... smiley... person, but that's gone away. Maybe it's still there to some degree, but some of it's fake. I don't think at all that I have depression... but I shouldn't be sad!!! There is no reason for it.

Anybody else ever feel like this??? :|

yes! you are not alone:hug: feel free to talk.

What are some specific things that are making you feel down?

Or is this a personality transition?
As everyone grows up and older, we go through different phases in our life. ANd sometimes, even in growing from one to another, when we realize we are acting differently. It maye be a different perspective, or our experiences has changed our views about things, externally or internally. I only say this because I think I've gone through one before, and I didn't know what it was, and I had a similar reaction, or feeling.

I'm going through one of those phases currently, myself.

BUt......

why don't you tell us some more?

See, I'm not really sure what is making me feel this way. I guess that's what I'm trying to find out. But it's so hard to think about things like that when I have so many other things to do before I can do some soulsearching. If I knew what it was I would fix it... cuz I hate feeling depressed! The thing is, I wouldn't be worried if it was only a couple days, or a few weeks. But it's been months! I did snap out of it for one day... but I think I was just a little crazy from being on 3 hours of sleep. Then it was back to the same old thing. I feel like I'm just going through the motions, not getting anything out of life. I just get up in the morning, go to school, have band/winterguard practice, do homework, go to bed... and then repeat. I have a very... unfulfilling routine.

Good to know I'm not alone :hug:

How long have you been feeling this way? Everybody is prone to a bout of sadness that could last a little while, but if it starts stretching over long periods of time...like longer than two weeks...something is definitely not right. I'm in no position to tell you what steps should be taken, but a step in the right direction would be to talk about these feelings with somebody close to you in your life...a relative or a friend...or somebody at school like a teacher or counselor...to figure out where to go from here.

Hmmm... it's been much longer than 2 weeks. But I'm not like, um, uberdepressed. I think this is a temporary thing. But, of course, I could be in denial. I really don't think so though. Maybe I'm not quite sure what I want in life. Maybe stress is getting to me. I'm just not sure. And if it is stress, I'm not sure what to do about it. It does seem like I've been a lot less 'cheery' since school has been back in session. School is pretty stressful, but I think I've been handling it okay. I don't really know what I could do differently. Maybe it's lack of sleep. I have had some late nights, like 2 or 3 in the morning, but overall I think I get enough sleep to get by. I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas. But there has got to be one cause... or maybe it's a combination of things. Sorry it's hard for you guys to judge, since you don't know me. But it feels good just to get things out, and whatever advice is much appreciated.

Make sure you have some "you" time, maybe take a nice long bath or something. That's important. Giving yourself some time to soul search and what not, I think that is also important. It's good to re-evaluate yourself, your values now and then.

Sleep plays a big role in how people feel, too. I remember, when I first started not getting sleep, I even started acting weird in gym class - my coordination was off.......

It's not self esteem, right?
Just throwing that out.
Do you think it has to do with your life having meaning, or purpose?

I know it might be difficult to say, but I'm doing the same thing you did - throwing out some possibilities.

What would you change in your life to make it better?
ANd I guess, of course, why are you feeling "down"

I think people do go through odd times when as the grow and mature. BUt also, if this should be "something serious", it's good to keep tabs on it and check it out. And maybe talk to some people.

Do you doubt yourself?

I think things will get better. Gradually. I think I just needed to talk to somebody. It kinda releases tension/pressure/stress/whatever. So, I have talked with my former teacher, and he gave me some great advice. First of all, he told me it's okay not to be happy all the time. That is something I have really forgotten about. I think I felt so much pressure to be happy and positive that all these negative feelings have built up inside of me. Second, he suggested that I write. I occasionally write outside of english class, but I hadn't written for awhile. I ended up writing 2 pages in my journal Friday night, letting thoughts pour out. Wow that felt good. He also gave me the "Please" cd to listen to, which was probably the best thing I could have listened to that night. That cd is brilliant. I was driving home from the coffee shop Friday evening and just cried my heart out to the music. I bawled so hard I was lucky I could see to drive home. That was a big turning point. I let myself be outwardly and blatently sad. I feel I have let go of so many of the bad emotions by shedding those tears.

And on Saturday, I was at the bookstore, and found myself in the Journal section. I randomy picked up 2 journals, and they had two significant quotes on them.

When one door of happiness closes,
Another one opens;
But often we look so long
At the closed door
That we do not see
The one which has been
Opened for us.
Hellen Keller

DANCE as though no one's watching you.
LOVE as though you have never been hurt before.
SING as though no one can hear you.
LIVE as though heaven is on earth.
Souza

Then I found a horoscope book, and just for fun looked up my horoscope for that day:

Be willing to tear down
in order to rebuild

God moves in mysterious ways. More later.

Last edited:
Is that please cd the one with "night and day" (steel drum remix) on it?? There should be no crying to that, only dancing, in my opinion :dance:

The only thing I have to say about tears is that they aren't bad. In fact, they might be neccesary. All growth requires something in exchange...

WHOAH!!!!!

AWESOME HOROSCOPE!
what's your sign?!!

I've been thinking about something like that "be willing to tear down in order to rebuild" a lot lately......... I think it is so true, and so often over looked........

For Honor said:
Is that please cd the one with "night and day" (steel drum remix) on it?? There should be no crying to that, only dancing, in my opinion :dance:

AWESOME HOROSCOPE!
what's your sign?!!

----------------------------------------
Hmmmm... which song are you talking about? It has the Please single, Please live from Rotterdam, Streets live from Rotterdam, WOWY live from Edmonton, and Staring at the Sun live from Rotterdam. Amazing cd.

I'm aries... and it's amazing, because I was just wandering the bookstore, picking up random books. And i happened to come across that book and looked up my horoscope... crazy!!!

Oh, I guess I am thinking of the wrong CD. :shrug:

Oh well. Maybe it was the "one" single, or something like that. I really have no idea

Back
Top Bottom