Relationship woes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stryker395

The Fly
I don't even know what to say. I came here, I guess, for some sort of refuge. I feel like lately I can just come here and read the posts and feel better if something is going wrong. Tonight though, I've decided to post again. I know I only have a handful or so of posts on these message boards but I feel like this community is really kind and caring.

I'm not really looking for any sort of help. I guess in a way I'm looking to just release how I feel. It's a very long story, but to keep it from getting very long I will try to explain it in a more simple way. My gf and I, who have been dating for almost 13 months now, have decided to see other people for the time being. You see, she has a guy friend that she has been really close to now for about 2 years. They are like best friends. In the past I didn't know what to think but lately I've been getting used to him and he and I have actually started to build a friendship of our own. Tonight though my girlfriend told me that she was having mixed feelings about how she felt towards him. We talked about it for a bit and I decided to do something that I felt was best for the both of us. I told her that we should take a break for just a little while so that she could spend more time with him and see exactly if she has feelings for him that are more than a friend. He said he also has mixed feelings toward her.

She still loves me and I love her more than anything on this earth. She said that she was very suprised at how calm I was about it. I don't even know how I was so calm about it either. I know in my heart how I feel about her, but I felt that the right thing was to let her go and see how she really feels about him.

I suppose that it has started to hit me now. I'm not going to let it get to me though. I can't. I don't want to ruin her chances of really finding out. I also don't want to act like I was all for it and now say that it really hurts me. Overall I think that I will be able to take it no matter what happens. I guess I'm just hoping for the best. I love her so much and I can't imagine my life without her. However, if it's not meant to be then at some point I'm going to have to realize it. I'm not crying right now. I'm not really depressed either. I'm just sitting here, listening to U2, and trying to not think about it too much. Bono and the boys really help calm me down and help me relax. I just wanted to get my feelings out. Thanks for being an outlet and thanks for listening. Peace to all of you out there.

Ok...now I'm getting a little :sad:

I started to look at picture of me and her together. Bad idea obviously. I guess I just started to miss her.

Been there dude. The day I helped my ex move into her new apt, was the last day we were together. We dated for 6 yrs, and lived together for 2. Short story, met new girl, blew my mind. Life kinda sorts it out.

I think you just gave her the ultimate gift of love. Sometimes when you really love somebody the only thing you can do is to give them every shot at happiness. I hope in the end it all works out for you. :hug:

In my experience "taking a break" usually causes WAY more problems than it solves. I think it's healthier to communicate and deal with things and try to work them out, even if it's hard and takes time. After the break, the problems will still be there and it will be more difficult to get back together. If you really love her and the way she acts around her other guy friend upsets you, just tell her that. If you pretend like it's OK and she can have all the time in the world to make the choice, that's precisely what will happen. It sounds like she means a lot more to you than you're letting on to her and if she really loves you back she'd be willing to work things out. I hate it when girls get so selfish and walk all over perfectly nice guys. No wonder why we're stereotyped as catty and sneaky!

Good luck :hug:

Thanks everybody for the kind words of encouragment. I talked to her today and we've been trying to work out some issues. I think that things may be getting better. She said that she just felt like running away from some of the problems we have. After talking with her in deep discussion today, she realized that she was just trying to escape for a little while.

To put it shortly. She has decided that it was a rash decision that she made and that she wants to try to work things out. So as of right now, things are back to normal. Hopefully, they'll stay that way. I really believe that her and I can work our problems out. I appreciate all of the people who posted the kind words. Although my problem that I was having seems to be better now, at least I know that if I need to let something out or talk about a situation, I know that I can come here. :wink:

yay I am so glad to see that things are starting to work out. I guess what they say is true, if you love somebody let them go.....

I hope it all works out for both of you and you have a very long and happy life filled with love

Back
Top Bottom