Real life mean girls.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
How annoying. In my math class a group of girls keep teasing me because the guy who sits next to me (we think) likes me. I however cannot stand him. He never stops talking, brags about how much he drinks and all the drugs he does, and freely says the n-word even though he's white. I'm also the only person who sits near him so naturally he talks to me constantly. I am a nice person so I respond, rather than ignoring him. The girls around me take advantage of that and constantly say "flirty flirty!" They also make all sorts of comments filled with innuendo about us. This has been going on all year, and at first it was funny. Now I'm fed up with it. I've told them I don't appreciate it, it's not funny, etc. I blush VERY easily, even when i'm not embarassed, so naturally when I really am embarassed I turn bright red, almost purple. So they've been getting worse with all their little comments. WTF am I supposed to do? suck it up until the end of the year? Tellling the teacher would do nothing because she has no control over the class and is basically an idiot. (and i don't use that word about teachers lightly.) I'm sick and tired of it, what do i do?

The other idea is to just practice keeping casual/cool about the whole situation. When they bring it up again, just act casual and say nah, not really interested or such. Once these girls realize they can't get a rise out of ya over it then they'll get bored quickly.

i agree with Techie, they're just looking to get to you. make like it's nothing and they'll quickly start looking for a more gullible/entertaining target.

:up:

thank god you'll be outta there soon! :wink:

there's a similar story line on "All My Children"... it took a big brother to take care of it... I think you hire a brother to tell the potty-mouth to keep it to himself and then you handle the girls by dressing like a hoochie; they were shocked into silence!!! it worked on TV, should work for you! :no:

Oh jeez what is it with people on this forum and "All My Children"? My mom and sister are into it too. :yuck:

Anyway, I've tried ignoring them before. But i still hear them and end up blushing, whether I say something or not. So no matter what they feel good about getting my face to turn and so they keep going. :eek:

Go for the attack,..ask him something like, why do you think i am interested in your Drug and alcohol use ? and take a tube of shoe polish with you and give it to him when he uses the N-word again

:reject: I usely goes into the attack mode when something happens like that.

U2democrat said:
Oh jeez what is it with people on this forum and "All My Children"? My mom and sister are into it too. :yuck:

Anyway, I've tried ignoring them before. But i still hear them and end up blushing, whether I say something or not. So no matter what they feel good about getting my face to turn and so they keep going. :eek:
It'll take some mental practice, but once you get it down, being able to maintain composure is a valuable skill throughout life. You can try imagining it/roleplaying it in your mind and try and calm yourself down before you expect it to happen. Umm, boys do similar things and I had an issue like that sophmore year, gave me lots of practice in maintaining composure, and its really helped me. They got bored after it stopped bothering me, and umm as a side effect I learned to maintain composure in other situations, like say my brother blowing up in my face. It's mainly about practice though.

Lancemc said:
real life mean girls?...do any of them really look like Lindsay Lohan?

:shifty:

Goodness gracious no!

What should I say to "set them straight"? I've tried but they never shut up. i've been like "do you realize how immature y'all are?" yet they continue. Today I dropped the b-word on them, and I've never done that before. As I said, earlier I was able to just go along with it. Now i'm absolutely fed up.

the more you get angry the more they'll keep doing it. thats just how they are. i've experienced that crap before for 6-7 years straight. it wasn't fun especially when they laughed because i cried at times. gah...i hated junior high.

Well, when I was a kid some girl was standing in right in front of me (teasing me, of course), so I gave her a good swift kick...caught her right under the kneecap. Must have hurt like hell as I had on really solid boots. She never bothered me again. Ever. Probably wouldn't work now though. :shrug:

icelle said:
the more you get angry the more they'll keep doing it. thats just how they are. i've experienced that crap before for 6-7 years straight. it wasn't fun especially when they laughed because i cried at times. gah...i hated junior high.

there does seem to be that stage when guys and girls [[particularly girls]] are around 13/14 to become uber bitches. I like to think most are mature enough to grow out of that whole 'you're only cool if your skirt is seven inches above your knee and you smoke and have sex and wear thick eyeliner' phase, but there's always the few who don't. There was a group like that in my class, and they weren't mean to me, but they were real bitches at times nonetheless - valued completely the wrong things etc. That was 3-4 years ago, and most of them have grown out of it now, and joke about how pathetic they were, but a few are still like that :rolleyes:
That movie 'Thirteen', while being OTT, is a pretty accurate representation of some people of that age, IMO.

icelle said:

Same here :| I used to get picked on because I didnt have cool clothes like the 'popular girls' :madspit:

I remember there was some bitch who teased me from our elementary days up through sophmore year of high school. Finally, one day as I was walking up the stairs and she was taunting me from behind, I swung around, told her to "Fuck off", turned back around and walked up to my class. I never heard another peep from her again. Maybe if I had done that years before I could have saved myself some grief. :|

My advice to you is to keep ignoring those girls. Eventually they'll get bored. :hug:

Since they are in a group, it is harder to fend them off, if you have maybe a friend or someone you can have with you that would help. Otherwise, just don't yield an inch to them. Once it takes too much work, they'll give-up.

indra said:
Well, when I was a kid some girl was standing in right in front of me (teasing me, of course), so I gave her a good swift kick...caught her right under the kneecap. Must have hurt like hell as I had on really solid boots. She never bothered me again. Ever. Probably wouldn't work now though. :shrug:

Sudden thought: does a girl ever kick another girl between the legs??? just wondering...:der: I mean you wouldn't see a man kick a man in the leg; why don't girls hit the spot? you know, there.....:eek:

Mr. BAW said:

Sudden thought: does a girl ever kick another girl between the legs??? just wondering...:der: I mean you wouldn't see a man kick a man in the leg; why don't girls hit the spot? you know, there.....:eek:

I dunno, but once my cousin and I were practicing karate, I think we were 13 or 14 and I have very flexible, long legs with reach and I knocked her right in the boob. She screamed. :huh:

That happened to me in high school too. Talked to someone from another class, only 4 times or so during the whole year, and some girls in my class proclaimed I like him.

I am very shy, and never really talk about guys, so of course they were all over this.

Tried lots of things, from saying straight away "we're just friends", to ignoring them. It went away eventually.

I hope so....Girls can be so obnoxious. :madspit: They clearly have to feel threatened in some way by you to keep trying to get a rise out of you like this, just be proud to know you're better than them and don't end up scrapping like I used to do. :wink:

Ignore them. They tease you because they can see you getting embarrassed. :hug:

I say beat them up after school, even though everyone here will probably disagree. No one has teased me constantly like that because they know I will tell them off or be waiting for them after school.
But if you dont want to do that just be confident and tell that guy to stop talking about that stuff. If he stops talking to you, maybe the girls will stop, seeing that there is nothing at all between you two.

Back
Top Bottom