Real friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My own trinity is always there for me...

Me, myself, and I

I'm not really conceited :shrug: I just don't trust other people to support me.

I have freinds who support me but really only one who is blunt and honest. I mean alot of them sugar coat things they say if and when I ask for heir opinion or advice while he never does. I like that. He's become one of my very best freinds because of this. There's an honesty/trust factor going on. I know he won't bullshit me and that's important. Let's face it even our closest friends will bullshit you from time to time. They'll tell you what they think you might want to hear rather than what you should hear.

one thing I am frequently indifferent about is when people get upset with me because I don't sugar coat things sometimes.

Then they get mad... but really, they are just mad at themselves. :shrug:

Hallucination said:
I have freinds who support me but really only one who is blunt and honest. I mean alot of them sugar coat things they say if and when I ask for heir opinion or advice while he never does. I like that. He's become one of my very best freinds because of this. There's an honesty/trust factor going on. I know he won't bullshit me and that's important. Let's face it even our closest friends will bullshit you from time to time. They'll tell you what they think you might want to hear rather than what you should hear.

yeah, i have one friend like this. we've known each other since the third grade, gotten into fist-fights and all of that. he's my best friend, we can both be 100% honest and it's all good. i can't really do this with any of my other pals.

My best friend Kim. She still lives back in our hometown (about 500 miles away), and I miss her terribly. :( We first met in 1st grade and have been best friends since the summer before 9th grade. We're both 23 now, and I hope that we will continue to remain best friends, despite how we rarely get to see each other anymore. :(

Bono.

Bono's my iPod.

Also, my best friend Alec. I've known him since 1st grade - that's over half my life, which is a lot considering I'm only 17. There is absolutely nothing I couldn't tell him and we're both very blunt and honest with each other. Also we can finish each other's sentences and have so many inside jokes that we can have entire conversations with them. It doesn't hurt that he's gay so we can drool over sexy men together :wink:

I allow very few people into my life, on purpose.
I have aquaintances that are nice, but i couldnt trust.
My very best friend is Alexis...alexismcd23 on interference.
She is the epitome of what a best friend should be:
non-judgemental, loving , generous, spiritual, funny, honest, beautiful, caring, giving and on & on.
She makes me feel real and validated.
She has sacraficed her time and energy just to be there for me in my darkest time of need.
She was the only reason that i didnt start self abuse again.
I wish she needed me as much as i have needed her, but i know that if she ever needed me, i wouldnt hesitate a millisecond to do anything for her.
I would die for her. I love her so much.
I also have Ron, ( some of you might know him as Adam from the LA U2 tribute band, The Joshua Tree) my best male friend.
He has been a great shoulder also, all the while being some of the best comic relief i could ask for.
He too, has been a wonderful inspiration and partner in crime.

This is a cool thread.

My best friend N. We met in grade 8, and have been best friends since grade 10. We finish each others sentences, share the same obsessions (U2 being the biggest one), and have so much in common. I can be myself around her, and never have to worry about anything I say or feel. The fact that we've been friends for 12 years is so great. It's awesome to know someone that long, and to be so close to. We don't get to see each other as much as we'd like to, but talk on the phone several times a week. If I've been having a bad day, she'll always make me laugh and feel better. Sometimes we'll just laugh on the phone together for no reason, which is so cool.

My old college roomies, E and A. They know all my shit, and still love me. We've been through a lot together, and have a great friendship. I treasure these girls so much. We can laugh and be silly, and also have real, honest, and deep conversations.

There are many other reasons why I love my girls, but those are just some of them. I've been very blessed.

Back
Top Bottom