Random facts and confessions, post-tour edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I see you! :D

I cried when they did "One Tree Hill" in Chicago--I didn't think I'd ever see/hear that one live! Now, my goal is to see/hear "All I Want Is You" live. :D

:hug: I'm missing my friends, and seeing Bono sing that during Montreal 2 was the highlight of the tour for me. It made me cry too.

I'm in that crowd, way up front in the pit!:wink:

Epic show with epic friends :hug:

I think I see you! :D

I cried when they did "One Tree Hill" in Chicago--I didn't think I'd ever see/hear that one live! Now, my goal is to see/hear "All I Want Is You" live. :D

:up:

I would :heart: to hear One Tree Hill live.

I am loving my responses to my facebook status right now. All it says is "this is me not giving a shit," but my friends have managed to make me laugh myself to tears. :heart:

...and then I thought about how much cobl would HATE my status!:wink:

Confession.... Today I decided to have a random dance party at work with the kids. We would dance like crazy, but then act all normal when any of the parents showed up. :shifty: More job love. We actually danced to some of the songs in the "Guilty Pleasure songs" thread!:lol:

I am loving my responses to my facebook status right now. All it says is "this is me not giving a shit," but my friends have managed to make me laugh myself to tears. :heart:

...and then I thought about how much cobl would HATE my status!:wink:

Confession.... Today I decided to have a random dance party at work with the kids. We would dance like crazy, but then act all normal when any of the parents showed up. :shifty: More job love. We actually danced to some of the songs in the "Guilty Pleasure songs" thread!:lol:

That's awesome. :applaud:

I woke up at 4:30am in a panic because I still haven't gotten my daughter the one thing she asked for for Christmas...thank goodness for online shopping. Now I just hope it gets here in time!

I will take a six month educational leave from work next year, beginning in March, and I have no idea if it is a good decision to do so, if I will be able to deal with the financial losses that come with it and if I will ever want to go back into my job once it's over, which will be in September. We've already done all the applications this week, so there's no way back.

Right now I have a feeling I'm totally losing my orientation, perspective and focus in life. The only thing I know for sure is that I cannot and don't want to go on like that any longer. I'm kind of losing myself, living a life that is not in correspondence with the life I feel I should have or with the person I am or with what I have always imagined my life to be.

I've been dealing with this crisis for quite some time now and my therapy education that I'll be finishing with a thesis in early summer 2012 has shown me a lot of stuff about myself that is not always easy to deal with. The whole process has just turned my life upside-down in the last four years and it's becoming harder and harder for me to work within structures that I can, personally, not relate to or identify with. That's why I took on the burden of having a second job and two full professional trainings besides my day job - it's been a hard life that requested a lot of discipline, but it has also been full of joy and of opportunity and I have learned so much from all of it.

However, I just need to go back to my art and literature and I simply don't feel really alive or human any more because I have neglected that part in my life for so long now. I need to go back to my studies and start focussing on myself and what I really want from life. I feel it might be too late if I waited any longer and I don't want to look back in regret and see all the missed opportunities and failures in my life. I want to try and be everything I can be.

It's 1 am, but I can't sleep. I work in 6 hours. I wish my brain would just shut up.

i'm putting this in a spoiler because i can't bear to re-read it. hell, i can't even look at the screen right now because i know i'll get upset. i leave to go back to nz in less than a week. and don't get me wrong, i can't wait to see ian again. but i am not looking forward to all the bullshit drama there and i'm really going to miss my parents and just america in general. i could kick myself for hating memphis for so long as i did. it's not the best city ever or anything but it's certainly not the worst. besides, it's the people that live in a city that can help make a city great, and wherever my parents are can't be totally shitty.

i just can't believe how fast this time went. it's not like i was here for ages, but i still feel like i just got here and i'm not ready to leave yet. i wish ian could move here and somehow still keep his job and work and stuff, and i could take my classes online, just basically everyone and everything could bend to accommodate me so i could stay here. :lol:

Quick break from a massive cleaning-out-my-closet session: You know you need a closet clean out when you find two of the exact same items; I have TWO EXACT SAME TOPS. I must have bought one some time ago and forgot I had it and bought the same exact one later! :crack:

Ugh. What a waste. I'm being RUTHLESS now. Sentimentality has no room in a closet. Anything that has not been worn - out it goes. I'm donating all of it.

I'm aiming for streamlined, minimalistic and quality over quantity now. Simplifying things is the way to go, including life. :up:

/philosophical.

I don't like them because I have a low pain threshold and probably couldn't handle it. But I've seen plenty of chicks with them, and, when done right, it turns me into one of those cartoon characters whose eyes pop out etc

:cute:

oh, nothing! it's other people, not him :crack: i can't wait to see him of course. :)

Work exp or something? I love that you got that, btw

You know, of every girl I've found myself physically attracted to, I've never once thought, "Gee, she sure would look better if only she had a couple of tattoos on her." There's been quite a few times where I've felt the opposite, though; I dunno, they just seem like a distraction more than anything :shrug: Like a bug on the television or a piece of cotton stuck to your clothing.

Different strokes for different folks, I s'pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom