Random facts and confessions, post-tour edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is rough stuff, Amy. GG is right, though--the pain will gradually lessen, even if it doesn't go away, and you will always have your good memories. When your children are old enough to understand, tell them the story of the ornaments so they can pass them on to *their* children. :hug:

I told them yesterday.:hug: They could see how hard of a time I was having, but they understood. They miss her too. The last time she saw them was last year on Christmas.

Thank you for always being so wonderful to me!:hug::hug:

Confession: I got an offer from my cable company wanting to do my phone service too! Not only will it be cheaper, they are offering me free long distance to the US for a year!! Now that is a perk I could use!:shifty::wink:

^thank you! :hug:

I saw this today and wow, best quote ever!:heart:

"I love the ones who are in my life and make it amazing, and I thank the ones that left my life and made it fantastic!!"

It's been 151 days since Montreal 1.....I know this because I never deleted my countdown app and it shows the number of days that have passed since the show. This makes me sad beyond words...

I have the most random and silly confession to make: I bought my first christmas presents today (I wish they were my last ones, I hate shopping so much :scream:) and when I took them out of the bags to sort them, a little chocolate easter rabbit fell from my bookshelf and broke apart. So I ended up eating easter chocolate while going through my christmas presents. I love weird stuff like that :lol:

It's been 151 days since Montreal 1.....I know this because I never deleted my countdown app and it shows the number of days that have passed since the show. This makes me sad beyond words...

I've been listening to Montreal 2 and missing all of you like crazy. :hug::hug::hug:

The positive is we all have met each other now and our friendships have grown. :love:

My hate....not being able to get in contact with someone I am worried about.

I have the most random and silly confession to make: I bought my first christmas presents today (I wish they were my last ones, I hate shopping so much :scream:) and when I took them out of the bags to sort them, a little chocolate easter rabbit fell from my bookshelf and broke apart. So I ended up eating easter chocolate while going through my christmas presents. I love weird stuff like that :lol:

I love this, lu! :love:

Oh no. :(

See I felt like that when I took my exam - and I passed all three written sections. I had the oral section yesterday and while it was difficult, tough, hard etc - I was grilled like a cheese sandwich by two professors in particular and really do not think I'll pass, my friends are optimistic I will. It sounds incredibly daunting but you just gotta do your best. That's all you can do, really.

Now I'm waiting to see if I passed the orals. :bitesnailsnervousandterrified:

:yikes:
Oh geez, what is all this for? And when will you know how you did?

The whole thing with the LSAT is... sure, I could take the test over again, but law admissions average out the LSAT scores - so if I'm aiming for a 165 and, let's say, I got a 160... to reach my goal, I'd have to get a 170 on the next test :gah: Granted, not all law schools take the average, but from what I understand... a lot of them do :no: It happens.

But moving on, I hope you manage to meet your goal w/ the oral examination! *sends more positive vibes*

In the end, you have to do what is right for you.:hug: Keep studying, and try not to be too hard on yourself.
:hug:

Sometimes I think I'm actually being too lenient on myself... sure, my goal is 165, but deep down I know I can do better than that. I actually took another practice test the other night and broke 170 :eek: My previous high was a 167, so I'm thinking this was just a fluke, but still... I know I can do better, so if I'm gonna take this damn test, I want to make sure I give it my all when I do it!

EDIT: Congrats, cobl! The last thing I can remember winning was "Best Halloween Costume" at the college's faculty costume party :shifty:

"...regrets and mistakes they are memories made. Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste..."

It gets to me every time I hear it. That song is perhaps the one that touches me the most out of any song I have heard. I know she is really mainstream now, and has some haters, but I remember the first time I heard this song at work, and tears were rolling down my face.

I pondered today that "happily-ever-after" is such a fantasy. It's so easy to focus on what you want, what you don't have, that you miss out on moments of happiness which are happening right here and right now. :)

/philosophical/

Oh my God! :lmao:

You just know where my head is at, and the right thing to say to make it better, so thanks!:hug:

I performed at the bellydance concert that my studio puts up evey year yesterday :cool: It was over so quickly and I was so full of adrenaline I just wanted to do it again! But at least it was very early in the evening so I could just relax and watch the rest of the amazing dancing.

I'm tired, exhausted actually, of worrying what others think of me. I am who I am, and those who know me can take it or leave it. I find myself always doubting that I am worthy of my friendships, almost like being just me isn't good enough. Screw that. Those that are truly friends I will never find myself questioning, and if I am not worth the effort....neither are they. True friends will be around no matter what, and if I find myself always being the one that is trying, I'm walking away.

I'm tired, exhausted actually, of worrying what others think of me. I am who I am, and those who know me can take it or leave it. I find myself always doubting that I am worthy of my friendships, almost like being just me isn't good enough. Screw that. Those that are truly friends I will never find myself questioning, and if I am not worth the effort....neither are they. True friends will be around no matter what, and if I find myself always being the one that is trying, I'm walking away.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Do not waste your time of those who are not true friends. They are not worthy of your friendship.

I am glad that you have come to this realization, my dear! You are so very worthy of friendship, and you are worth the effort. Those who don't think so are not worth your time and energy! :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Do not waste your time of those who are not true friends. They are not worthy of your friendship.

I am glad that you have come to this realization, my dear! You are so very worthy of friendship, and you are worth the effort. Those who don't think so are not worth your time and energy! :hug:

Thanks so much!:hug: Life has dealt me more than my fair share of problems this year, and I need to put me first. I've always had such self doubt. I just don't have room for it anymore.

:hug: I'm missing my friends, and seeing Bono sing that during Montreal 2 was the highlight of the tour for me. It made me cry too.

I'm in that crowd, way up front in the pit!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom