Random facts and confessions, post-tour edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 2 A.M. and I can't sleep. I'm in one of those moods where I feel wired and sleepy at the same time, which makes me feel like I'm going crazy.

Fact: today was the first time I stepped on a college campus as a registering student in almost 22 years. I have to take 3 prerequisite classes before I can even apply to the graduate school. So, in January I will be in a 100 level class with students who could be my children....:ohmy:

....and I can't wait!

Fact: today was the first time I stepped on a college campus as a registering student in almost 22 years. I have to take 3 prerequisite classes before I can even apply to the graduate school. So, in January I will be in a 100 level class with students who could be my children....:ohmy:

....and I can't wait!

Good luck.

....and I can't wait!

What are you going to study? :)

I'm very excited about my trip but dammit it's hard to leave these people for half a year.

So I go into work today and my boss lets me know that they need my help in another program. I wasn't really wanting to, but I said "no problem." It was the one program I hadn't visited yet this year, and one new staff member I hadn't met. I looked at one of my coworkers, and she said "enjoy it." At this point I was really curious.:shifty: So I go to the program, and wow, just wow...:shifty::shifty::shifty: Eye candy for the win.

I have a cute green German Tiroler themed Hat here from last night's German themed drinking event at uni.

Does anyone know whose hat this is? :uhoh: I don't recall how I got it.

So today I start unpacking my Christmas decorations because we are going to put up our tree. I came across a bag that I didn't recognize, and I open it to find these beautiful stained glass decorations I had made with my grandmother as a child. Seeing them hit me like a ton of bricks. This is my first Christmas without her, and there is so much pain and sadness about that. I made them with her when I was 5, and they were on her tree every year until last. There is a comfort in the memories, but still such a pain at the loss that I have no words....

Everyone thinks I'm taking the LSAT right now, but instead I'm continuing to study at the local coffee shop. Late last night I withdrew from the test, and am now going to schedule myself for June.

I'm just not ready, and haven't been able to achieve the scores I've wanted in all of my practice tests :crack: So it goes...

So today I start unpacking my Christmas decorations because we are going to put up our tree. I came across a bag that I didn't recognize, and I open it to find these beautiful stained glass decorations I had made with my grandmother as a child. Seeing them hit me like a ton of bricks. This is my first Christmas without her, and there is so much pain and sadness about that. I made them with her when I was 5, and they were on her tree every year until last. There is a comfort in the memories, but still such a pain at the loss that I have no words....

:hug: It hurts, but at least it's a good memory. after a few years the hurt will fade away and the memories stay.

Everyone thinks I'm taking the LSAT right now, but instead I'm continuing to study at the local coffee shop. Late last night I withdrew from the test, and am now going to schedule myself for June.

I'm just not ready, and haven't been able to achieve the scores I've wanted in all of my practice tests :crack: So it goes...

Oh no. :(

See I felt like that when I took my exam - and I passed all three written sections. I had the oral section yesterday and while it was difficult, tough, hard etc - I was grilled like a cheese sandwich by two professors in particular and really do not think I'll pass, my friends are optimistic I will. It sounds incredibly daunting but you just gotta do your best. That's all you can do, really.

Now I'm waiting to see if I passed the orals. :bitesnailsnervousandterrified:

:yikes:

In the end, you have to do what is right for you.:hug: Keep studying, and try not to be too hard on yourself.

:hug: It hurts, but at least it's a good memory. after a few years the hurt will fade away and the memories stay.

You, my dear, are such a good friend. Yes, I'm sure it will fade, and the happy memories will remain. I just need to get past this first one.

The other day in my English class, my teacher told us to write 20 things that were in our bucket list, or something in that context. I wrote that seeing U2 live was on my bucket list (which I already have), and she then said "Wow, U2 are still singing? Awesome!"

I don't know whether to be extremely happy that she knew who U2 were, or be angry that she hasn't heard any U2 albums in a very long time. :wink:

The other day in my English class, my teacher told us to write 20 things that were in our bucket list, or something in that context. I wrote that seeing U2 live was on my bucket list (which I already have), and she then said "Wow, U2 are still singing? Awesome!"

I don't know whether to be extremely happy that she knew who U2 were, or be angry that she hasn't heard any U2 albums in a very long time. :wink:

Her loss! :huh:

This is rough stuff, Amy. GG is right, though--the pain will gradually lessen, even if it doesn't go away, and you will always have your good memories. When your children are old enough to understand, tell them the story of the ornaments so they can pass them on to *their* children. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom