Random facts and confessions: Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
45 mins is doable, but I know many and I mean MANY people who commute in from the affluent suburbs west of TO for as long as an hour and a half each way due to traffic. Every day. And if you go to their house, it's no doubt some 6 bedroom colossus that makes sure each child has their own bathroom, heaven forbid they had to share toilets from the age of 2 onwards. That part is what I simply can't understand.

I will NEVER understand that EVER - even if my income reached stratospheric heights I just couldn't justify it . . . we rent in a very very modest but well maintained little square of a house in a nice suburb . . . close to schools, close to friends etc . . . some of my kids friends live in extraordinarily large and gorgeously furnished houses . . . but they just don't feel like homes . . . they feel like ads for vogue living . . . and the kids just get lost . . . call me nutty but despite the odd irritation of having kids underfoot, i like the fact that i can hear my kids playing, i think its important for them to learn to live with other people and learn to respect that you should be considerate of others . . .

So they've either got the income to pay a cleaner, or they spend all their time cleaning? Screw that! Life is too short to be cleaning shower recesses 4 x week!

:up: . . . often they don't really have the money they just have ludicrously unmanageable debts (specially in some of the newer estates) . . . I know peeps who have huge homes in the burbs, spend $100's a week on petrol getting anywhere, can't afford to furnish their homes so whole rooms are used for storage or just sit empty . . . go figure

I got my Year 12 final results!!

And I got 86.35!!! (Best possible is 99.95) I cannot bloody believe it, I'm so happy, this is beyond my wildest dreams. I was hoping for over 80, my pipedream was 85.

:yippie: :wink: :D :happy: :) :faint: :combust: :hyper:

:yippie: :up: x 1000000000000
now go party like its . . .. . . :D

I'm so tired that my eyes are starting to roll around like marbles. . . . . but I can't walk away. "New on @U2 - Big Announcement in the Next 24 Hours~!, " what if there's some huge announcement while I'm in the land of zzzzz's? :no:

My university application has finally been sent away so I should be finding out whether I've been accepted to any or not in the next month or so... but I still don't know if I want to go, and I've no idea what I'd do if I didn't go :| Damn.

My university application has finally been sent away so I should be finding out whether I've been accepted to any or not in the next month or so... but I still don't know if I want to go, and I've no idea what I'd do if I didn't go :| Damn.

Good luck! :) Whatever you choose, follow your heart and the rest will work itself out. :)

I remember those times :down:...but I'm sure you'll find something! :)

I have to do the speaking test with my exam class on Thursday. I am absolutely dreading it because this is the first time I've had to do anything like this and I'm convincing myself it's going to be a total disaster. :down:

i think we're one of the few families who still buy a real tree every year.

but that suits me great because there's nothing much better than that piney smell

but that suits me great because there's nothing much better than that piney smell

yip, I got mine yesterday and the cashier typed in the wrong price, so now I have a very big and cheap xmas tree...hahaa!

:drool: Agreed, and we always get a complete one too, not the bottom chopped off. I love the smell of a christmas tree!

Same here. Usually get a Fraser Fir, since they last so long.

Love it!

i confess that i accidently stole some cooking chocolate today from the supermarket.
:(
i really didn't mean to. it was hidden under the giant dog food bag i'd got from big w, and by the time i was in woolies i forgot i'd added it to the trolley. it slipped under the big bag. i absolutely forgot it was even in there until i got home. the worst part of this is that it is for decorating my middle daughter's b'day cake. she'll be eating stolen goods!
:sad:

i'd take it back, but i live 30 minutes from the shop, it'd take another 30 mins to park, and then another 30 mins to get back home again. plus however long it would take to get through the nightmare shopping centre. it doesn't make me feel any better. i really do feel awful. my darn grandmother and her catholic guilt genes!
:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom