Random facts and confessions: Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm being pathetic and stupid, considering returning to college for the sake of seeing a few people I miss. Not because I intend on doing any hard work or improving my attendance or getting the exam passes I need... but because I miss my friends. That's really rather pathetic.

Well, more power to you then. :up: I am old. I'm 36 and I've had my share of long relationships over the years. 4 years, 5 years, etc. I guess I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not the marrying kind. It takes a really really long time and lots of time spent together to fully get to know someone. I can say that for sure. I have had a couple where I felt like they were the 'one' after a short period of time. I thought I 'knew' too.. but living together for a long period of time, spending 24/7 with someone etc. proved that things change. The most exciting time in every relationship is the beginning, and its really easy to fall quick and think that that person is the one. I guess I'm just a stickler for really getting to know someone before jumping into something so permanent. Not trying to crash your party or anything, just sharing a point of view from an old experienced gal. :lol:

I agree with you (but I do want to get married). We've been going out almost four years now and it really does not feel like a long time at all. It has flown by. We'll have been together over 5 years when we get married. I'm glad we've lived together for a few years and got round to buying our house first. I don't think 5 years is a long time when you intend to spend the rest of your life with someone.

I don't know anything about your engagement, coolian so this is nothing against you. You have to do what feels right for you both. If someone had told us we were rushing living together we wouldn't have listened because it felt like the right thing to do for us.

I'm being pathetic and stupid, considering returning to college for the sake of seeing a few people I miss. Not because I intend on doing any hard work or improving my attendance or getting the exam passes I need... but because I miss my friends. That's really rather pathetic.

Not really, I think friends are more important than a lot of things. Its just an unconventional way of seeing them.

Though if you did get more qualifications/better grades in the process it would be a bonus. :wink:

Not really, I think friends are more important than a lot of things. Its just an unconventional way of seeing them.

Though if you did get more qualifications/better grades in the process it would be a bonus. :wink:

It'd be a very, very nice bonus but an unlikely one :lol:

Love is love. Whether you want to go it slow or have everything now; whatever feels right, do. C'est my philosophy!

this is true. :)

my outlook is, if you're willing to make that commitment, just go for it. unless you're scared, or something.

:yes: Life's too short to faff about, so if you haven't known her long but already know you're in love then what the hell have you got to loose? You wouldn't be making such commitment if you weren't sure. Go for it, Romeo :wink:

:yes: Life's too short to faff about, so if you haven't known her long but already know you're in love then what the hell have you got to loose? You wouldn't be making such commitment if you weren't sure. Go for it, Romeo :wink:

very true. and that's the last thing i'd ever call myself :lmao:

why sit around five years if you're not sure about if you want to commit to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom