Random Facts and Confessions #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh......this is one of the hardest days I've ever experienced at work, in fact this past week or two has been rough, but today will be the most difficult. Terminating an employee, I never thought it would be so emotional. I just packed up her desk. Meeting is in a bit.

Just needed to vent :(

I remember having to calm a manager down when she had to let me go. She was more upset than I was about the whole situation.

I've been there, and, yes, it's horrible. I kept reminding myself that it was obviously worse for the employee but that didn't make me feel any better about the whole thing.Sorry you have to go through this.

Sorry to hear that, Nic. I've never been in that situation personally, but I have had 80% of my department let go during a company layoff. I had no say in who stayed or who left, really, but the guilt was still there because I survived. Hang in there :hug:

Thanks, I appreciate. :hug:

I remember having to calm a manager down when she had to let me go. She was more upset than I was about the whole situation.

Confession - I puked after. My stomach was and still is in knots. Really hating this time of my work life right now. I'm scheduled for vacation next week, I'm looking forward to it but I know I'll be carrying the worry with me.

Confession - I puked after. My stomach was and still is in knots. Really hating this time of my work life right now. I'm scheduled for vacation next week, I'm looking forward to it but I know I'll be carrying the worry with me.

Nic: :hug::hug:

ugh - Nic. Sorry to hear work is so stressful right now. Mr.Z is always in a terrible mood / sad when he has to let someone go. Of course, nobody's left now, so it's just him :shrug: Take care of yourself - glad you've got vacation coming up.

I did it. Went to the doctor today at last(I never met the guy before!) and he is going to register me. I'll be called within four weeks to make an appointment to get tested. I really hope that it's ADD rather than autism, as there's medication rather than therapy. I don't like talking to strangers, so not looking forward to the psych convos. Yeah, that sounds like autism all righto! :lol:

I did it. Went to the doctor today at last(I never met the guy before!) and he is going to register me. I'll be called within four weeks to make an appointment to get tested. I really hope that it's ADD rather than autism, as there's medication rather than therapy. I don't like talking to strangers, so not looking forward to the psych convos. Yeah, that sounds like autism all righto! :lol:

Bless your heart, GG. You're in my thoughts and prayers! :hug:

:hug: GG that is fantastic news . . . good luck you awesome thing :hug:

my interest in pursuing journalism as a full-on career has been dropping just a fraction each day.

Jobs are tough to come by right now. And nthe pay sucks. But it IS rewarding. feel free to ask me questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom