Random Facts and Confessions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadiens1160 said:
Yeah, as I type this I'm totally flaccid; they're not working for me :shrug:

:( not even...like eating glass? banquet? so here we are?

i dunno man, try taking some drugs and then listen to it

:wink:

FitzChivalry said:

Seriously! If you don't like those 3, then I can't even imagine why you like Bloc Party at all? Those are possibly their 3 best songs ever!

:drool:

bloc party's entire catalouge are practically their best songs ever. seriously, there are very few bloc songs I don't love.

canadiens I think if you ever see them live you'll appreciate the Silent Alarm songs more if you don't now :up:

I got to Stage 25 (226680 points) in Galaga today.

That might be an LMP Family Record (Papa LMP is an ace at that game.)

I daydream too, but about men who were "missed connections" or brief flings in my past who I'll never see again...and what might have been.

I get a huge thrill when I get an email from one of the two of these I'm vaguely in touch with, and it's off again to daydream land.

My best friend left today and I am lost without him already. I am not sad at the moment, but there is a void... that is going to be difficult.

Sloane Peterson said:
My best friend left today and I am lost without him already. I am not sad at the moment, but there is a void... that is going to be difficult.

:hug: I'm going to feel the same way next month when one of my best friends goes to college.

- I think I still love my ex a lot, and I also think I'm good at hiding it. But I'm sure that my two best friends know. And probably a few other people, too. Maybe even him. :slant:

- I had a dream that I lived with Barack Obama and Shepherd Smith, last night. And Obama was gay. :eyebrow: (No political attacks intended. I can't control my dreams. :wink: )

- I feel that I can't date any other guy because I like my best friend too much. He says he has no attraction to me, but whenever he sees me talking to a guy I like, he'll run over, jokingly punch me in the arm, cause a distraction, and flirt with me. But when we're alone, he won't even let me touch his arm to get his attention. He's weird... :shrug:

- I should be sleeping because I have to babysit tomorrow, but I'm not. :D

I have a hard time working up the courage to ask a girl out (especially cute ones who volunteer with me at summer camp :reject: )

I think it's because they usually end in rejection... yeah, the last 4-5 attempts have been rejections.

Who the hell am I? George McFly?

250px-George_1955.JPG

"I mean, I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection."

My career batting average for asking girls out is a nice .000. And the girl I'm most interested in right now has a boyfriend.

I like to consider myself the Jim Halpert to her Pam Beesley.

Then I'm like fucking Dwight trying to ask out Katy the Purse Girl.

Being a Jim isn't much fun either...

The can of beet juice we go through in a day... oh my God, it's insane.

That's only matched by our usage of goose grease.

I suck with computer software (like Photoshop, or other editing software) except for Cool Edit. What takes normal people maybe 40 minutes to make an intro to a movie, takes me 4 hours. And, I just get angry at photoshop.

LikeNoOneBefore said:

- I think I still love my ex a lot, and I also think I'm good at hiding it. But I'm sure that my two best friends know. And probably a few other people, too. Maybe even him. :slant:

- I feel that I can't date any other guy because I like my best friend too much. He says he has no attraction to me, but whenever he sees me talking to a guy I like, he'll run over, jokingly punch me in the arm, cause a distraction, and flirt with me. But when we're alone, he won't even let me touch his arm to get his attention. He's weird... :shrug:

You know, I dated my current best friend. We were close friends and we dated and it did not work out like we'd planned. We expected it to be perfect in every way and ... well, it wasn't. We argued all the time. So as friends, we are great, but a part of me still loves him...and probably always will. I mean I don't dwell on him, but parts of me just want to scream "I love you!" even though my brain logically says "that's not going to work again"

I am sure it shows...by people who know us. I mean we are quite a pair. I don't want to be with him or date him, but we just make the greatest couple. We have such a chemistry...it's hard not to love that.

My best friend kind of looks at me that way, too. He sometimes flirts a lot...like doing crazy things... but then again, he's crazy himself. If I am flirting with someone he doesn't approve of, he just rolls his eyes. Or he will go "Him? Jennifer!" If it's someone he doesn't think is my type or whatever.

It's a family heirloom.

Plus it's a great outfit to wear when I'm at my bed 'n breakfast.

Speaking of time machines, I went to your funeral in the future, and, sorry, nobody came.

Oh, that was a really well-constructed sentence. You should be an English professor at Cor-not University.

anyways, back to the random facts and confessions.....

i like mints (tic tacs, mentos, etc.). i eat them constantly. good way to get full off of nothing.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I do not like the All-American Rejects :angry:

:wink:

we are all entitled to our own opinions. that is one of the benefits of living in our country. in other countries, you aren't.

my grandpa fought in wwii (like everyone's i bet, haha)

Yeah my grandpa fought in WWII.

My uncle got killed in Vietnam...a piece of shrapnel hit him...

My dad was in Saudi Arabia in the 90s as part of Desert Storm. He was basically a military police. he didn't fight in battles or kill anyone. He kept people (ordinary citizens) safe...if anything.

I used to (and still do) have a soft spot for Barbie Dolls. I have a huge box of them in the top floor of my grandparent's garage. I used to play with them in storylines ... each had a name and family. I had a whole huge drama going on with my Barbies. There was divorce, infidelity, interracial relationships (the Ken doll married the love of his life, the Mulan doll). They each had names, but I will spare you guys. The Mulan doll's mother was the Snow White doll ... (hehe)

-I thought the black Ken doll was the hottest one of them all.

-They just don't make barbies like they used to. I certainly don't think her bodytype corrupted me into thinking women should look like that. Of course it would be awesome if barbies looked like real people, but it'd be nice if celebs and models would, too. Little girls look up to Paris Hilton these days more than they do to Barbie anyway. :( which is sad...either way.

-When I was younger, I hit my friend with a barbie once when she was mean. I threw it across the playhouse and hit her in the face. Looking back, knowing how she is now, I didn't make such a bad choice.

:|

Last edited:
Sloane Peterson said:

My dad was in Saudi Arabia in the 90s as part of Desert Storm. He was basically a military police. he didn't fight in battles or kill anyone. He kept people (ordinary citizens) safe...if anything.

:|

That's awesome. Tell him how much I personally appreciate his service for keeping us safe. In a time where our armed service personnel are sometimes ignored and in a large part criticized, and replaced/foreshadowed with politics instead, I admire him for taking time out of his life to serve our country.

I've been to Jordan and Israel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom