Random Facts and Confessions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LikeNoOneBefore said:

Yeah that's what inspired it. I've been reading PostSecret for years.

One of my friends reads that religiously.

It truly is addicting...

... then there's a picture of a vagina.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It truly is addicting...

I made one but never turned it in. My friend got hers published. It was a picture of a brick wall and it said "Sometimes we put up walls not to keep others out but to see who cares enough to break them down."

I love Post Secret books. My friend got me addicted to them. I think it's a briliant idea and a great way to free oneself (anonymously) of their deepest secrets.

I went out w/ a girl tonight and it went so smooth. This girl I have cared about forever, we have just always had other relationships going on. But, I was finally able to take her out tonight. It was great, until we went to a party and my ex-gf happened to show up with this guy from another school. That was kind of bothering, oh well. It was still a great night.

And, I kicked ass two nights ago at my soccer game. I guess my diet of caesar salad's and fruit is paying off for the last week. I have been fast as hell. Our team is at the top of our premier league.

This weekend, I plan to eat a lot of junk food.

-I went out to dinner with my best friend. He took care of the bill, which was $66 and I got the tip, which was $20. The confession is, I love buying things for people...meals, gifts, but it's so damn nice for someone to pay for my meal once in a while. I had no idea he was going to pay for mine. I was very flattered.

-I believe women and men should pay equally when it comes to dinner or anything, but also I do think it's very nice when someone else offers to pay. I definitely believe that the man should pay sometimes and the woman should pay sometimes or they can pay separately, but it all depends on the couple.

-I absolutely find that with my one friend, I LOVE buying gifts. I just love the thought of making him happy by giving him something I know is special to him. Whether it's a physical item he's wanted or something handmade, I think a thoughtful gift once in a while is a truly delightful touch.

-Even though my best friend is leaving tomorrow, I feel surprisingly calm about it. I am afraid once he leaves I will have a huge meltdown (crosses fingers). I just hope this is not the "calm before the storm".

-I watch the Food Network so much now... and it makes me SOO hungry at night. Good thing we don't keep junk food in the house or I would have cleaned out the cupboards.

-I have become a messy girl. I used to be obsessed with keeping things put together, but my car has become a mess and so have the areas where I normally stay.

-I never make the bed unless it's a special ocassion or the whim strikes me.

-I HATE to vacuum and I am almost willing to pay someone to do it for me. ( I guess that's called a maid, right? ) haha

-I will only write something legitimate when there is a deadline present. (Journalism career anyone?)

-No matter how tired I am, I cannot get into bed without brushing my teeth.

-I am getting sick of my selection of clothes, especially since I have to dress up for work and my work-appropriate skirt collection is getting BORING.

-The other day, my friend and I got fries from McDonald's. I hadn't had a fry in so long, I ate the entire medium box in probably 30 seconds. :ohmy:

i work for disneyland but i dont go to the park as much as one thinks.

i havent been able to get angry since october of last year

my dreams, good or bad...have a habit of coming true.

once when i was 4-5 years old, i had a babysitter who was really mean. when my brother ratted her out, my mom yelled at her then decked her in front of me. gotta love my mom haha.

I told the girl I love the way I feel about her, and she told me that she just saw me as a friend.

Even now, I've not been able to let go, no matter how much I try and want to. And it tears me apart inside.

anitram said:
LOL, I'm in my mid-20s and pretty much everyone there will be a law student, so we're rather familiar with liability. :wink:

OK this reminds me of a How I Met Your Mother episode where Marshall's law school party has people sign releases at the door.

I love postsecret! I've read it every week for several years. LikeNoOneBefore I loved that postcard with the wall! I've made two but I didn't send either in, one because it was about wanting to break up with my boyfriend and at the time we read it together...

-Following u2dem, but a little more pleasant, my international politics professor/advisor wears his pants waaaaay too tight leaving nothing to the imagination. However as he is an attractive brilliant guy with an adorable British accent I really can't complain...

-I stalk people online when I have a crush on them so I can find out more about them. I'm really good at it too! :shifty:

-I cry really easiliy over movies, TV shows and books, which is why I prefer to watch TV alone. I cut it off if I'm watching with other people but I actually like the emotional release. Not just over sad things but happy or sentimental or whatever.

-when I play an online game (e.g. text twist, zuma) too much I start seeing it being played in my head.

-I had a dream last night about this guy from college who I have a crush on and haven't thought about since last semester. In the dream he kissed me, which was really exciting until it happened, then he was a terrible kisser! Maybe it was a premonition because it inspired another round of online stalking and according to his facebook wall he's just had jaw surgery!

-Like Irvine, sometimes I play an enjoyable scene from real life or even a book I read recently or TV show/movie I just watched and giggle about it in public...which looks like I'm cracking up for no apparent reason.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It truly is addicting...

I read it religiously as well.

I am also addicted to the "Missed Connections" section of Craigslist.

Oooh I totally read craigslist Missed Connections for shits and giggles. There's also some really sad dirty stuff on craigslist and if I start looking at it it's like the car wreck you can't look away from!

I'm a big day dreamer. At the moment, in my story, I'm a 27 year old (I'm 16) first year surgical resident at Sacré-Coeur Hospital in Montréal. So I'm kinda inventing accidents and procedures...

Last week, I was in Italy and I just happened to bumb into my best friend that I hadn't seen for years. I get to carried away...:(

I get caffeine withdrawl headaches every weekend because I drink multiple free cups at work but I'm too lazy/cheap to make or buy coffee at home...so instead I pop ibuprofin.

I hear the damn cingular ringtone in my head randomly and think it's real, probably because it's the default alarm sound on my phone so I wake up to it a lot.

I live in the future way too much. I should pay more attention to the present.

If you go to the wikipedia entry on post secret there's tons more confessional type links. Not as good as postsecret but still interesting.

I cannot stop eating ceral..I seriously just ate a whole box of oat cluster cheerios:drool:

I don't want to go to the inlaws for dinner, I just want to stay home.:|

I miss being pregnant...it gave me an excuse to eat a whole box of cereal.

struckpx said:

that's awesome.

hahaha, wow. you must be really chill and laid back. i like people like that

haha, mine don't.:(

disneyland is cool. the people who go there sometimes arent

i am laid back and chill most of the time but i do have my moments when i get highly animated but not angry. i think i have some anger at things i just dont express it like i used to.

my dreams are so varied its crazy. its been going on since i was a kid. some people call them premonitions, i guess.

major_panic said:
I told the girl I love the way I feel about her, and she told me that she just saw me as a friend.

Even now, I've not been able to let go, no matter how much I try and want to. And it tears me apart inside.

yeah story of my fuckin life, try feelin that way for 2+ years

it will get better with time, even if it doesn't completely go away. eventually (hopefully) you'll be able to accept her as a friend and enjoy your time with her without that feeling that someone has every internal organ on a string and is tugging them to the point where they're only barely contained in your body ... even if you still love her.

i'm still in love, i guess that is a confession

i am afraid of the future....I'm just pessimistic, I guess. I'm afraid nothing will work out. I guess I don't have a lot of hope left.

I'm not totally sure I want to be a doctor. I just picked something that interested me, something I'd have to work for, and something that would earn me cash... I think in my heart I still wish I could be a rockstar or have some job in the music industry. But music industry = no guaruntees.

Canadiens1160 said:
I confess I don't like Silent Alarm, but I LOVE Weekend in the Citahhh.

you don't like Silent Alarm?!!? :angry:

well I think A Weekend in the City is the better album, but Silent Alarm has their best songs...I mean... Positive Tension? This Modern Love? Pioneers? Luno? They do nothin for ya?

U2democrat said:
My social life has become virtually nonexistant this summer because
1. I work too much (little free time)
2. I really only keep up with 1 of my high school friends, and that's my best friend who has been living in South Carolina.
3. My college friends are scattered
4. I don't feel like hanging out with my friends who are here because no joke, they get wasted every night.

And for some reason, this doesn't really bother me that much. :shrug:
Hey, your giving away the membership details for the tip-top-secret-super-awesome-friends club.

TTSSAFC Rules :rockon:

I'm going an exercise in self-control: I put the Harry Potter book on my computer and am not allowing myself to read it.:crazy:

Liesje said:
I'm going an exercise in self-control: I put the Harry Potter book on my computer and am not allowing myself to read it.:crazy:

Are you sure it's Book 7? Because I heard there was a nasty computer virus going around disguised as Book 7.

Just be careful. Make sure it really is the novel and not something that's going to kill your computer.

:wink:

It really is. It's just a pdf file, but there were tons of .zip files available. Hello? DON'T OPEN THOSE! Don't worry, I'm a computer technician. :wink:

AtomicBono said:
but Silent Alarm has their best songs...I mean... Positive Tension? This Modern Love? Pioneers? Luno? They do nothin for ya?
Yeah, as I type this I'm totally flaccid; they're not working for me :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom