Random Factoids and Confessions: Vol. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
American's complaining about Gas :rolleyes:

It's currently around $0.80 a Litre, here in Canada... That works out to about $3.02 a gallon...

Don't make me give you the numbers in Europe :angry:

Is this you?

0013.gif

:wink:

I love Christmas. :shrug: I'm really tired of hearing everyone bitching about it, complaining about the shops, the people, the crowds, the expense. I want to tell them all to piss off with their negativity. Really, you don't like it; great, but stop whining like a spoiled bloody child and suck it the hell up. It happens every year. Stop spreading your miserable fucking scroogerisms everywhere. I used to love hating Christmas, but I've changed my mind. I love it. I love everyone being happy, being with family, seeing everyone excited, the lights twinkling, the holiday off.
agreed.

I used to love hating Christmas, but I've changed my mind. I love it. I love everyone being happy, being with family, seeing everyone excited, the lights twinkling, the holiday off.
Thing is that most people are NOT happy around Christmas. In fact, most people are unhappy. I know someone who works as a therapist and he says he never sees so many unhappy people and never has so many patients, Christmas is a very hard time for many people, because "family" doesn't work and sometimes the holidays bring out the worst in people. I've experienced this many times and know a lot of people who feel the same. I try to give Christmas a chance every year, and now that I'm older, it seems to work better. I still tend to believe that it's the biggest celebration of hypocricy.

it was soooo cheap this week!!! I paid 1,17 €/l :happy:

I don't have a car, never had one, don't plan to have one!

:hyper:

I live sooo cheap.

Not really, I struggle to pay the rent for my appartment and energy prizes are on a new all-time high. The gas price has been increased for 21 % in November, that's just crazy. Many people cannot affort to turn on the heating in their appartments and have to freeze in winter. It's frustrating if you work almost exclusively to afford your "living": rent, energy, water, taxes, subway tickets, web & phone. I don't buy much food or clothes or shoes. Life is so expensive, it's ridiculous.

I don't have a car, never had one, don't plan to have one!

:hyper:

I live sooo cheap.

Not really, I struggle to pay the rent for my appartment and energy prizes are on a new all-time high. The gas price has been increased for 21 % in November, that's just crazy. Many people cannot affort to turn on the heating in their appartments and have to freeze in winter. It's frustrating if you work almost exclusively to afford your "living": rent, energy, water, taxes, subway tickets, web & phone. I don't buy much food or clothes or shoes. Life is so expensive, it's ridiculous.

I use the train everyday (cheaper,ecological reasons), but sometimes I need a car. However I think I can get along without a car, too!
Oh yeah heating...I turned on the heating (in the kitchen/bath) yesterday, cause I found out that all windows are leaky, ( I live in a very old house) so that you really cannot sit in the kitchen...grr I don't wanna pay for heating! :huh: :down:

1 Gallon = 3.78 Litres

1.35 EUR = 1.74 USD

so, that means that you are paying $1.74 US for 1 litre, which would mean to buy a Gallon of gas in Europe at that time, it would cost about $6.58 a Gallon

:nerd:

:love: My hero!

that's pretty expensive then. :crack: Boy am I glad I can travel by train for free!

Drunk texting just gets me in trouble...or cause some degree of amusement for some people who I text more often than others.

'I love you and you're the bestest best people ever' seems to be a frequent one of mine, with some random German and Plato quoting thrown in for good measure.

LOL, I know! Yellow?! What kind of colour for December is yellow??! :tsk:

AND of all the pictures they could've had they just HAD to put the nasty SRT on it. I hate that damn train with a passion. (And I'm allowed, I take it Monday through Friday).

:angry:

This morning I flew out of bed at 7:45am, over an hour after I should have been up. No time for a shower, threw on work clothes. Scolded myself for sleeping in and not washing anything decent for work. Thought about the quickest breakfast I could eat in the car so I wouldn't be desperately late while saying seeya to Mr Cin. . . . . .

then I realised it's Sunday, I don't have to go to work today :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom