Random Factoids and Confessions: Vol. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally hurt a coworker's feelings today, and I feel horrible. It wasn't intentional, but it doesn't make her feel any better, of course.

I'm glad she called me on it and heard me out while I apologized (at least I didn't try and make excuses or brush it off; I apologized sincerely for the thoughtless, stupid thing I said), and hopefully she'll eventually let me back into her good graces.

I feel like such an asshole. :(

Today I just cried. I took my son to the airport at 5:30 this morning to fly back east to meet his son for the first time. The baby is already 6 mos old. Then I got a phone call when my son had arrived and he was holding his son, cooing at him while he fussed a bit and it just touched my heart that he was holding his son for the first time. Hearing him saying "It's OK little buddy, it's OK your Daddy's gonna take care of you" just melted my :heart:

That's amazing. Family, the concept, the biology, the spirituality of it all, its cyclical nature, is pretty friggin' cool.

I totally hurt a coworker's feelings today, and I feel horrible. It wasn't intentional, but it doesn't make her feel any better, of course.

I'm glad she called me on it and heard me out while I apologized (at least I didn't try and make excuses or brush it off; I apologized sincerely for the thoughtless, stupid thing I said), and hopefully she'll eventually let me back into her good graces.

I feel like such an asshole. :(

:hug: I know that feeling all too well... did that with a guy I really care a lot about... he was fine after I apologized but I felt awful ever since, and I still ocasionally do!

I hate it when you have to go to work/school on Monday and know you'll have to hear aaaaaalll about the mad fucking weekends that everyone had at this one thing together and you know that all day, all week, probably you'll be hearing about that and nothing else. I'm not going to be feeling too happy tomorrow arvo.

I hate it when you have to go to work/school on Monday and know you'll have to hear aaaaaalll about the mad fucking weekends that everyone had at this one thing together and you know that all day, all week, probably you'll be hearing about that and nothing else. I'm not going to be feeling too happy tomorrow arvo.

usually it was two minutes of hilarity and 5 hours of boring. I occasionally took part in the weekend madness but more often than not I was happy spending it doing other stuff. :up:

sounds like the people at your school are douch bags who need some reality. . . .

One of my best friends went off to summer college and she is hanging out with a different group of people. I just know we're growing apart. I don't even care that much. It's kind of weird and sad.

I had my very last literature class today, I've had this class for the last eight years and now a collegue of mine is continuing teaching them in fall. I decided to end this because I have to move on and do some different stuff in my life, including a new education and there will also be some changes in my day job. So even though I made this decision myself and still think it's good to move on and do something different in my life I've been a little depressed in recent weeks and the last days have really been tough, because I couldn't deal with the fact that this era in my life is coming to an end. So today I've had my last class and I was really crying and others were crying, too, they were so kind, giving me flowers and presents and such, and afterwards we went out to eat and drink and everything was fine. Still if feels a bit like my heart is breaking. I still can't imaging not having this class on Monday evenings after so many years. :sad:

Is your name, 'last unicorn' by any chance based off the book 'the last unicorn' then? It was probably my favourite novel from a fantasy lit course I took in my last year of university.

I had my very last literature class today, I've had this class for the last eight years and now a collegue of mine is continuing teaching them in fall. I decided to end this because I have to move on and do some different stuff in my life, including a new education and there will also be some changes in my day job. So even though I made this decision myself and still think it's good to move on and do something different in my life I've been a little depressed in recent weeks and the last days have really been tough, because I couldn't deal with the fact that this era in my life is coming to an end. So today I've had my last class and I was really crying and others were crying, too, they were so kind, giving me flowers and presents and such, and afterwards we went out to eat and drink and everything was fine. Still if feels a bit like my heart is breaking. I still can't imaging not having this class on Monday evenings after so many years. :sad:

:hug:

i have a theory that undercoat can look enough like real paint to void the need for colour. i will be testing this new theory out on my new laundry, which was thankfully done previously by a lady with no hands or right foot so i cannot actually make it look worse than it already is.

:notpctoday:

usually it was two minutes of hilarity and 5 hours of boring. I occasionally took part in the weekend madness but more often than not I was happy spending it doing other stuff. :up:

sounds like the people at your school are douch bags who need some reality. . . .

Well it didn't turn out to be as bad actually.... apparently the two 'things' that were on did go off quite as much as I thought they would. One of them was a party in Wyndhamvale (foreigners: read as 'scum town') and it was going fine until about 12 when all these stupid bloody wannabe gangstas and maoris and dumb ass wogs who look for fights started bottling people, massive fights, the cops came in and pepper sprayed the joint...

I am beginning to hate these people. My mate got hit two weeks ago because dumb fucking wogs/maoris whoever they were think theyre part of the bloods or crips, and if someone points at them or accidentally bumps them they try to start fights. why???

This weekend however *rubshandstogetherweneedthissmieley*

I was supposed to copy data and settings from one computer to the other but I was so lazy I just exchanged the hard drives.

Heh, it's not even 11am, I'm baked out of my mind, and I have a doctor's appointment that I'm leaving for at noon. :love: Summertime...what can I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom