Random Factoids and Confessions: Vol. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
impending death - meh well thats why you rock hard when you are alive and have life insurance so the people you leave behind can have a great party when you are gone.

my confession-
i bought an amywinehouse cd.

to play in the car when i went on a road trip with the boss (he likes her) (i like the boss)

we had lunch together ....

:love:

cough cough .sigh. back to reality.

:lol::lol:
Amy Winehouse rocks:rockon:

my boss made me listen to "no air" by jordan sparks on repeat for 3 hours :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Went over to a friend's this morning to cram of an exam, and EXACTLY what we revised came up. It was the perfect paper :happy:

I wish that had happened to me for Chemistry. Studying/cramming for that exam did not help in the slightest.

And somehow I'm still averaging 87, even though my best mark has only been 80 :happy:

when I was in high school I was convinced I had a melanoma (skin cancer). All because a mole on my arm got scratched when I was stuffing around and it bled. I was imagining myself at school with one arm missing and how I'd have to tuck my sleeves inside my jumpers so it didn't look stupid.

more than 15 years later I still have both arms and I've realised that the killer mole is actually just a weird freckle :D

I have a big hair growing out of one of mine :reject:

It secretly makes me really really angry when I'm going through a cooking site, and people have a reviewed a recipe something to the effect of the following:

'Too Salty.

2/5 - I didn't have (key ingredients x, y, z) so I used (unrelated ingredients a, b, c) instead. Wasn't that great. Also it was too salty, try 1tsp instead of 1tbsp. Better luck next time.'

Well then you didn't follow the recipe, did you? So why are you rating this one? Now you've dragged down the rating, and a potentially good recipe is going to be passed over. Someone's going to miss out on a nice meal because you were too lazy to go to the store, but not lazy enough to restrain yourself from being a jackass. Gruh. :angry:

no orange....orange and more orange:crack:
with scary small little creep eyes...
:lol: if you dont like orange, try coming to Holland now :wink: orange everywhere!

I wish that had happened to me for Chemistry. Studying/cramming for that exam did not help in the slightest.

And somehow I'm still averaging 87, even though my best mark has only been 80 :happy:
Congrats!! :D

:cute:
fat cat and husband are both snoring on the couch

:lmao:

2/5 - I didn't have (key ingredients x, y, z) so I used (unrelated ingredients a, b, c) instead. Wasn't that great. Also it was too salty, try 1tsp instead of 1tbsp. Better luck next time.'

Well then you didn't follow the recipe, did you? So why are you rating this one? Now you've dragged down the rating, and a potentially good recipe is going to be passed over. Someone's going to miss out on a nice meal because you were too lazy to go to the store, but not lazy enough to restrain yourself from being a jackass. Gruh. :angry:

Sounds like some of the reviews on allrecipes. :rolleyes: "I cut the salt in half, used baking soda instead of powder, threw in 2T vanilla extract, cut the chocolate chips since my "dh" ate them all, and cooked it for 5 minutes longer than the original recipe. It was okay." umm...yeah.

I'm thinking of driving 9 hours to see a few concerts next month, even though it's a band I've already spent a week traveling to see this summer :reject:

I am a habitual liar on emailcash surveys. I lie about anything and everything to get me some survey points which I can then exchange for shop vouchers, cheques, and other stuff. I worked as a data analyst in AC Nielsen once. I never admit to it though, as it would bar me from being eligible. If there's something in it for me with these consumer things, I'm on it like flies on the proverbial. I'm a consumer feedback whore.

PS I really like Savage Garden. Go listen to The Animal Song and tell me you don't feel the same.

:cute:

OMG I haven't heard anyone mention Savage Garden in a long, long time!

Today I just cried. I took my son to the airport at 5:30 this morning to fly back east to meet his son for the first time. The baby is already 6 mos old. Then I got a phone call when my son had arrived and he was holding his son, cooing at him while he fussed a bit and it just touched my heart that he was holding his son for the first time. Hearing him saying "It's OK little buddy, it's OK your Daddy's gonna take care of you" just melted my :heart:

I am a habitual liar on emailcash surveys. I lie about anything and everything to get me some survey points which I can then exchange for shop vouchers, cheques, and other stuff. I worked as a data analyst in AC Nielsen once. I never admit to it though, as it would bar me from being eligible. If there's something in it for me with these consumer things, I'm on it like flies on the proverbial. I'm a consumer feedback whore.

I can't lie. If I make a mistake on one of those surveys and there isn't a "back" button, I get really scared that I'll get a theatening letter in the post or that they'll take away my Amazon vouchers. :sad:

^omg ive got tears in my eyes!
it actually sent shivers down my back.

Thanks Kayla! All those frustrating times thru his teens and now that the kid is a parent himself we're each in a whole new chapter of our lives. Noah is so darn cute, I can't wait till he is here to spoil him rotten! Just wait....your time will be here before you know it! I just wish my son had been included in Noah's mother's pregnancy and the birth, etc. but it's really her loss and sad she kept father away from son.

I have a big hair growing out of one of mine :reject:

Yes, I have that was well. :happy:

I have about three thousand moles all over my body, some small, some large, some dark and some light, and I keep gettin new moles every year - still the doctor found only one mole he wanted to remove. If I was thinking about getting skin cancer all the time, I could as well shoot myself.

I can't lie. If I make a mistake on one of those surveys and there isn't a "back" button, I get really scared that I'll get a theatening letter in the post or that they'll take away my Amazon vouchers. :sad:

:sad: there's a special place in hell for me, huh. I just recently participated in a lengthy lie about tampons, complete with the white packaged sample in the mail (worth 400 emailcash points!!) despite being (at the time) 7 months pregnant. oh yes, my feedback was.... useful or accurate or something.

:shifty:

OMG I haven't heard anyone mention Savage Garden in a long, long time!

Today I just cried. I took my son to the airport at 5:30 this morning to fly back east to meet his son for the first time. The baby is already 6 mos old. Then I got a phone call when my son had arrived and he was holding his son, cooing at him while he fussed a bit and it just touched my heart that he was holding his son for the first time. Hearing him saying "It's OK little buddy, it's OK your Daddy's gonna take care of you" just melted my :heart:

Awww. :cute:

Yes, I have that was well. :happy:

I have about three thousand moles all over my body, some small, some large, some dark and some light, and I keep gettin new moles every year - still the doctor found only one mole he wanted to remove. If I was thinking about getting skin cancer all the time, I could as well shoot myself.

I'm the same. i get checked annually, as we're supposed to in this stupid sun drenched country, and each time they say "wow.. moley aren't you?.... hmm, no suspicious ones, despite... the err... size and number of them you have..."

:mad:

Glad you all share the Savage Garden love. :applaud:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom