Question of soulmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
Hay!
I just got back from the vacation. Just wanted to greet each and every one of you. I was away for a month, lived in a village, was in relationship with a village man.....and have a question.
Just before i left, i was broken because i was in love with my so called soulmate who is soulmate just because his sense of beuty and art. My question is: what makes one the soulmate?
What exactly does it mean? I thought i knew, but now...After my adventure-relationship with a simple village man who has tenderness, childish-like soul(Innocence is stronger than..):
but nothing deep really to talk about ..i wonder..... I dont think i can share my toughts and my inner life with him, but still... he makes me laugh, he is more bright, and "healthy" in a way. So, after all those false soulmates who just broke my heart(never really were real part of my life), i am not so sure what is most important in relationship. i never had real relationship, but i thought i can feel it somehow. Can i?

Woody Allen vs. Robinson?

I can´t help it, but "simple village man", more "healthy" in a way makes me :lmao:

I don´t know if you can feel it somehow :D

girlhappy said:
Why are you thinking that village man is not worh enough???

I think village man is cool :D

Just don´t really get the problem, as to who is soulmate and why you can´t be soulmate with lots of people while seducing village man :shifty:

:cool:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

right.

hi soulmate :heart:

Silly white boy :flirt:

Girlhappy, after having given this some more thought and because I posted to you in your previous posts about your friend who you were in love with...I'd just like to say that, well, I don't know if it's necessary to be on the lookout for a "soulmate" as such - I don't know what that means exactly, I think you just feel it when you encounter it and it can be anyone - a relative, a friend, a lover, a parent...who knows what "the soul" really is, anyway?

It sounds to me (going by your previous posts and now this one) that you're searching for/or want your future partner to be someone who really connects with you on a deeper level, emotionally? Correct me if I'm wrong.
So, it could be that the people you meet at this point in your life are touchstones to explore your own heart and soul more? And not necessarily people you are supposed to build someting lasting with?
I mean, if you're asking yourself-and us-these questions, I think that right there is you answer - because if it's the real thing, you just know.

It's not a bad thing if you don't feel it and question yourself at all though : these are great opportunities to turn inward and see what this encounter learns you, it enrichenns you and you can go on from there.

I don't know if I'm making sense, tell me if I'm not, ok?

:hug:

Oh and I wanted to add :
Maybe a "simple village-man" as you put it, was exactly what you needed right now for some comfort and warmth, nothing more nothing less. just try to find your own landing ground on which you stand no matter what.

The term "soul mate" is a difficult one to describe in words, it's more about feelings.....if and when you meet that person, THE person you will know it in your heart, your soul and your entire Being. I've been there then lost mine. I don't know if another will come along. The feeling, tho, is pure heaven. :)

http://www.certuspersonality.com/comptxt/wstsin.htm

If you want to find a "definition", then look at that, and see what you are best for. heh...

Soulmate?

my interpretation: there are two things to it

a - - - - - first and formoest........ a soulmate is someone who honestly, and sincerely wants to make a commitment with you. A soulmate is a bonding of souls, where you and another act and live as one. It's not about you, its about the couple

b - - - - - some people, like in the link above, are psychologically better for each other than other people. Some people have natural inclinations, tendancies. And regardless of what any zodiac or other hocuspocus stuff says......... people are different in how they are made up.

Different but the same.

Aren't all the petals of a certain flower unique? Yes, but that are all petals of a florwer, the same flower. People are the same way.

but some people get along better than others, because of "how they work"

a pair of soulmates, I believe, do not neccesarily have to work the same way, but should be able to maintain and promote a balance, that is mutually benificial.

the soul need beauty for a soulmate
when the soul wants, the soul waits

I agree with bono on this, because that is how I feel about love, etc. But that's not the same for everyone. If you want to look at zodiac stuff, well, Bono and I are both born in May, (10 and 6, respectively), so that means we are both Taurus. Go figure. But those lines from that song are very...... symbolic, representative

of "how people work", so to say....

I may get into this more later on

Thank you all, and Soul waits, i understand .Yes, what i have learned this summer is: there is beauty in every person, and people and things can suprise you. Village man is obviously someone who has something i can connect with, and he is bright and hard working.You remember my unfortunate soumate-friend with great sense of beauty,and who, i thought, is connected with me on deepest level. maybe he is, but , if he is not ready to commit like For HONor says, what is the point? I think he is angry no matter what because he knows about my "boyfriend", but i just wanted to cut all this pain between us, and wrote something very cold. I dont know, still, i dream about him every night. I am afraid that he might call and all feelings will come back to me. I am running away, to tell the truth.

Palace_Hero said:
Soulmates do not exist in my opinion. It is just idealistic tosh.

People are just people, some gel better than others. But soulmates? No.

I won't disagree with you.

Getting more in depth in my opinions........

soul mates don't exist unless you believe they do. And really, more so, they don't exist unless you and your 'soulmate' believe they do.

For Honor said:

I won't disagree with you.

Getting more in depth in my opinions........

soul mates don't exist unless you believe they do. And really, more so, they don't exist unless you and your 'soulmate' believe they do.

Yeah it is like faith for me in that respect. Its real for the people who believe in their religion (within reason), but I still think there is no such thing.

^ :) that's what I was going to get into next.

I agree on your view 100% Palace Hero.

Though I am not definite on where I stand religiously, quite yet. But I share that same mentality.

I have some soulmates. According to my definition, a soulmate is a person whose soul is near to mine. This can also be a very good friend. Sure it is great when your lover/girlfriend/wife also is a soulmate, but generally I have this universal feeling that I am soulmate with animals and flowers and the wind and the sea.

Om shanti.

I believe in soulmates but far too many people find thier soulmates living within a 50 miles radius. That's ridiculous. I mean I just might have a soulmate living in New Zealand but I'll probably find my "soulmate" living in Red Deer or Calgary or if I'm lucky enough she'll move to Sylvan Lake.:lmao: I believe that soulmates are somthing much bigger than Love and the vast majority of us never experience that. It doesn't make our love for someone any less valueable though. It's hard to explain or even know what soulmates are because like I mentioned earlier everyone is quick to find their's. They swear they are soulmates and then 4 years later they're in a custody battle while going threw a heated divorce. The word soulmates is thrown around almost as carelessly as the word love. They both exist but far too often they're both wrongly identified.

The word soulmates is thrown around almost as carelessly as the word love

^so very, very, very true....

PALACE / HERO, Sorry, but being in relationship with someone since you are 16 and looking at their faces beaming with bliss says enough for me. I believe...you can feel something deep is going on.
Some years ago they were my ideal .... just because of my belief that they kept their privacy and that they are independent a persons and because they worked, iam sure, really hard on their relationship. NOW, i am more with you, but still, some of the things i have seen/heard, i still believe they have a real thing.Is anyone with me?

Hmm, your post is a little confusing to read, girlhappy.

But I think I do agree with you.

However........ that sort of furthers my beliefs......

like, does it take a soul mate, soul mates, to have privacy, work really hard, and be independent people and all that.

or does, perhaps, doing that............ taking and making those actions on your own free will......

is that what really makes two people soul mates?

I'd say a little of both, but more so, the later.

the soul waits said:
I totally agree with you.
A soulmate can be anyone, it's not limited to a lover.

This is what I was going to say. I have 2 friends who are my soulmates. It doesn't have to do with romantic love but it does have to do with connecting.

WildHoneyAlways said:

This is what I was going to say. I have 2 friends who are my soulmates. It doesn't have to do with romantic love but it does have to do with connecting.

that sounds hot :drool:

WildHoneyAlways said:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom