question for ladies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your that hideous to look at why dont you go and find yourself a hideous girlfriend?

There a plenty of people on all levels of the scale of attractiveness. Youre not the only one.

I work at a University. Some of the men here have never been to the gym and quite possibly havent been outside of the lab in 20 years. But they have wives and children. Love is achievable for everyone. You may not land Angelina Jolie but you might just catch a girl who loves you. Try it :mad:

beli said:
If your that hideous to look at why dont you go and find yourself a hideous girlfriend?

There a plenty of people on all levels of the scale of attractiveness. Youre not the only one.

I work at a University. Some of the men here have never been to the gym and quite possibly havent been outside of the lab in 20 years. But they have wives and children. Love is achievable for everyone. You may not land Angelina Jolie but you might just catch a girl who loves you. Try it :mad:

Point taken.

:hug:

It just sucks that I feel like this. I hope you understand. I don't mean to sound bitter; I'm just frustrated about this feeling of hopelessness.

joerags said:

Point taken.

:hug:

It just sucks that I feel like this. I hope you understand. I don't mean to sound bitter; I'm just frustrated about this feeling of hopelessness.

May I suggest you undertake some counselling? I honestly feel that your lack of luck with women is entirely due to your attitude. I know men with big noses, bald heads, etc, blah, who are adorable creatures and have wives.

Most people date people they are friends with. Its pretty rare for someone to see a stranger across a crowded room and fall in love. That kinda thing only happens in movies or nightclubs.

What I mean is people dont even notice peoples looks. Maybe intially but after that its all personality. Many divorces occur because the partner is a slob, unfaithful, irresponsible, etc. Rarely do people divorce because "oh my gawd, he, like, broke his nose and now hes ugleeee".

Seriously, work on your personality, particularly your ego. If you can get your self esteem up to scratch you will attrack women.

Excellent points. And for fucks sake, one day stop obssessing on your looks. Get interested in things beyond your own personal realm. Look outside yourself. Care about issues and things bigger than you and your ugly arsed nose. Put yourself on a globe of the world and realise where you fit in with the extremely large picture. Take comfort in the fact that you might have numerous other qualities, like a sense of humour, intelligence, handiness or aptitude with your hands, you might like a particularly good list of bands/books/movies, you might be an excellent cook, you might be able to write wonderful stories or poetry. Perhaps you can paint? Pictures or houses. Who cares. Expand your mind, mate. Seriously. No one will want your 10 tonne gloom. It's not your nose or hair. Your pessimism is probably spotable from a mile off.

joerags said:
I have never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl, still a virgin. God honest truth. And you know why?

- - - Look, sir, the only excuse you are making is for why you are not happy. - - -

And, yup, the answer involves you, and not anyone else. Go figure.

Maybe you should get some counselling.
It's all in your mind. You need to change your internal dialogue, man. You won't be able to change anything externally if you are still putting yourself down on the inside. When you pt yourself down, and forfeit.... well.... you leave no room for anyone else to get to know you.

===========

Good points, Angela Harlem

===========

.......perhaps you need to understand that life isn't really about you, joerags

By your recent replies, you have convinced me even more that you are wallowing in selfpity and are using your physical appearance as an excuse to not look deeper towards the real issues (which we ALL have, trust me!) and work with those.

Nothing is more attractive than a person who is passionate about what he/she does, knows his/her weaknesses and his/her strengths, can put things in perspective, is warm-hearted and caring and is able to look past his/her own little world and take a look around.

None of these traits have got anything to do with appearances.

the soul waits said:

Nothing is more attractive than a person who is passionate about what he/she does, knows his/her weaknesses and his/her strengths, can put things in perspective, is warm-hearted and caring and is able to look past his/her own little world and take a look around.

None of these traits have got anything to do with appearances.

YES!!

Back
Top Bottom