Prayers, good thoughts, ear scwatches for my baby..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are you going to take her soon? :hug:
any chance it's an inner ear infection? hopefully it's something small and easily curable :up:

*sends loads of tasty chicken.* Dogs love that. Oh, and a kitten or two just for fun. They like to cuddle. And they're stupid crazy.:p

snowbunny00774 said:
are you going to take her soon? :hug:
any chance it's an inner ear infection? hopefully it's something small and easily curable :up:
This city is so busy, the soonest I could get her in was next weekend :scream: She seems to be ok otherwise, so I'm not going to take her to emerg just yet. In the meantime I'm just keeping an eye on her and giving her extra time/love. Thanks again for the well-wishes, everyone :hug:

Dude..at the vet I used to work at, that kind of thing would have gotten you seen that day, because the symptoms are just too weird to /not/ be seen quickly.

I know. Puppy is getting worse :( I may have to take her to an emergency clinic.

Oh dear. :(

Good thoughts still coming your way. :hug:

Thanks, everyone :hug: She was even worse when I got home than from when I left her in the morning. I'm taking her to the emergency clinic now. Wish us luck :sad:

Ohhh kaf :hug: and poor Evie :hug: :hug: I hope everything is going OK at the vet. Am sending more positive thoughts prayers and vibes to you as well as to my sister whose dog Morrison is having surgery tomorrow to remove a mass. Poor doggies :sad:

Sending good thoughts. Hope you get good news. :hug:

kafrun said:
Thanks, everyone :hug: She was even worse when I got home than from when I left her in the morning. I'm taking her to the emergency clinic now. Wish us luck :sad:

Poor Evie. Grab yourself a giant cup of something you really like. And give her hugs and kisses from me, too. I hate stuff like this.

It's prolly some nerve problem... it could also be age. 8 for a dog is akin to 56 human years (1 human year is 7 dog years. ) :(

:hug:

airoh_dog.jpg

Wow Kaf sorry to hear that's happening for you..woof prayers your way...I'm actually going thru something very similar right now with my dog..

While we were away my brother was sitting him and we think he might have eaten some toxic mould...he started running around in circles banging his head on walls, having seizures and acting crazy...they took him to the vet and the vet managed to get him under control after a couple of days...that was just before Xmas and we picked him up Sunday and he seemed ok...but then last night he started acting confused and licking his lips uncontrollably again after he went outside for a bit so I can't tell if he got into anything...

Anyways sorry to hear about it, I can definitely emphathize :hug:

It's been so busy, I haven't had a chance to update. Puppy generally checked out fine with the vet. No obvious neurological defecits. The initial diagnosis was idiopathic vestibular syndrome. Basically something is affecting her balance and they don't know what it is :shrug: It could be anything from an inner ear infection to a stroke to a tumor. The good news is that most dogs are very resiliant will self-regulate and regain most of their motor skills within a few weeks. If not, she may need to go back for an MRI($$$$) :crazy: For now, she just needs lots of extra time and TLC. I have to carry her down the stairs and keep her from bumping into things and injuring herself, but she's still a happy pup.

My friend was remarking to me on the way in that she looked a bit like a drunk person. I supposed that makes sense :hmm: She stumbles everywhere, is beligerant at times - woofing and carrying on, and overly affectionate to anyone she meets at others. So please say a few prayers that Evie be able to overcome her alcohol addiction :pray: You can't change what you don't acknowledge, puppy :shame:

And thanks Carlos, I needed that :wink:

I didn't know Evie was doing this bad, sweetie :( I'm glad to hear she's doing 'okay', given the circumstances. Good luck to you and your pup, I hope she will get better soon... Thinking of you! :hug: :heart:

:hug: Thanks, sweetie. Evie appreciates that :kiss:

Here's some photographic evidence of her potential alcohol problem. She passed out after we got home from the vet's. She was so tired(inebriated), she didn't even make it all the way to her bed. Yep :tsk:

eviepassedout.jpg

Aw!!! Did they say how long she might be like that? Ruffwear makes a REALLY nice, comfortable "lifting" harness that can be use for lifting/carrying/supporting a dog.

Back
Top Bottom