Poll for women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you match your bra and underwear?

• Yes of course! Who doesnt??

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Sometimes - usually only if I know I have a hot date

Votes: 34 39.5%
  • No, what a waste of time, no one's going to see them but me anyway

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • I dont wear bras or underwear

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters
I never used to match, but now I work for a hosiery and lingerie company so I sometimes get free stuff that matches :up:

Although today I am wearing a black bra and red gingham knickers. I have a matching gingham bra but didn't even consider wearing it to match. Matching is for dates and nights on the town only :up:

I had to try really hard to not call my knickers 'pants' in this reply cos all you Americans would think I was wearing red gingham trousers :shifty:

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
I AM CURRENTLY WEARING A BLUE BRA AND HOT HOT PINK (ALMOST FUSCIA) UNDIES. WOOOOOOOOO, SEXY, NO?

:lmao:

black thong, black lacy demi push-up here
and it's casual friday :D

Today I seem to be true to my words of the previous evening--light pink bra and a light blue thong that exactly matches my shirt. :wink:

:heart: Casual Fridays :heart:

I hope you don't find all this mismatching too much to take, joyful! :D

Last edited:
for whatever reason the word "knickers" make me laugh. the word "panties" makes me cringe.

and with that i am wearing my standard non-matching label underware. white gap bra and white VS drawers :wink:

HeartlandGirl said:

I hope you don't find all this mismatching too much to take, joyful! :D

:lol: Maybe I'll just have to get a little wild & crazy myself and wear a purple thong with red bra.

Interestingly, the socks inside my boots don't ever have to match anything though I am happy when they happen to. :huh:

But my clothes are also arranged in the closet by color. :reject: ssshh don't tell

i voted for the "never" option although i dunno if that's 100% correct...i'm somewhere in between the "never" and "sometimes".

right now?
i'm fookin bra-less!!
woohooo!
:hyper: let them mothers be free, i say!!! :hyper:

:lmao:

I can never buy "sets" persay because my hoots are disproportionate to my ass.....meaning that if i buy a bra that comes in a set that fits me...the underwear are always tooo big.

that's really why i've never bought "matching sets" and really never bothered to match. lol.

and where can a fookin Canadian get some VS without paying duty? :angry: you would not BELIEVE the enormous duty i have to pay on shopping anything american!!!!!!!

:yell: i want some VS now :yell:

Mine sometimes match. Not at the moment though as maternity bras are easy to find but maternity undies are impossible to find in any shop. Im currently wearing beige industrial strength scaffolding and pale pink hipster undies that sit lower then my gut (otherwise they roll down my tummy and make a very odd looking bump under my bigger bump under my clothes.) Actually thats all Im wearing at the moment. The weather is hot and I cant be bothered getting dressed today. Not expecting any visitors. Mormons beware! :wink:

Lemonboy said:

:yes:

btw, 4 of 40 girls have voted that they don't use underwear, that's every tenth girl in this thread....

well, one of those votes was mine :wink:

I try to match whenever possible, not necessarily the style but the colour, or at least have harmonious colours. It makes me feel more balanced somehow! :lmao: But other times I am hopelessly mismatched. :shrug:

Well, the color usually matches simply because all my bras are white and so is almost all of my underwear. Today I'm really mismatched because I'm wearing a white sports bra and my one pair of pink underwear.

I can't believe I just shared that information in a public forum! :huh:

lol i can't believe i missed this thread :lol:

Bono's shades said:
Well, the color usually matches simply because all my bras are white and so is almost all of my underwear. Today I'm really mismatched because I'm wearing a white sports bra and my one pair of pink underwear.

I can't believe I just shared that information in a public forum! :huh:

same here :laugh: i usually get the 6 pack of white hanes underwear at target...i know, plain jane lol. and usually i wear a sports bra or tank top, which is usually white or offwhite (cuz i hate regular bras :scream: )

:ohmy: right now i'm braless. and i can't believe i just posted that on a public forum! :laugh: :reject:

i really wouldn't care if i matched or not tho.

Last edited:
I voted sometimes but what about socks? What if all 3 match, not that mine do, but sometimes the socks match the bra or panties - that has to count for something.

My underwear never matches. Well, on the odd occasion, I wear slightly matching -- beige and pink or white and pink or something. I don't care about matching at all -- it actually never really occurred to me until now :der: I don't wear socks unless they match, though.

Beli!! are you pregnant?
congratulations
:hug:
from cass
the resident clucky old hen who adores human beings under the age of 2 :)

not matching today...purple and black

I am finding the different names people use for the foundation garments:D quite interesting here.
To me underwear is the general name for the lot, brassiers...( is that how you spell it? my mum uses that word, it always makes me :)...) bras, undies, the lot. Faskinating:wink:
I heard a funny term on a british comedy the other night. Four women were out on a pre-marriage hen nights. It got a bit ugly when the vodka kicked in and they started telling home truths...they had all slept with the groom. The bride -to -be called one of her friends "yo yo drawers"
which reminds me , mum also calls underpants " bombay bloomers":eyebrow:
now what do you suppose is the origin of that term?

I heard the guy that plays Jonathon Creek, forgotten the actor's name, do a funny routine about women's underwear.
He was saying how huge men's undies have become (boxer shorts) like a sailing ship billowing in the breeze, and at the same time as women's underwear has become smaller. He described how a woman can roll down her panties and they virtually disappear, become small enough to fit in to an egg cup.... it was funny at the time.

what it indicates is the improvement in fabrics.
I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

cass said:
Beli!! are you pregnant?
congratulations
:hug:
from cass
the resident clucky old hen who adores human beings under the age of 2 :)

Yes, I am. Mine is definately under the age of 2, its minus 25 weeks. But its not my first pregnancy so Im F.A.T! I have a live one also, 3 and a half years, little girl.

Thanks for the congrats.

Back
Top Bottom