please someone cheer me up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliTheFOADist

Acrobat
I dont mean to get anyone in a depressed mood, but im depressed. My Grandad has died after a 3 week illness and ive never been so upset and down in my whole life, he meant the world to me, and ever since i was little i always thought my grandma and granda as being invincible, and that nothing bad would ever happen to them, but it has happened.
the doctor said that he was going to die, so we did expect it, but it still is a major shock, and im so worried about grandma-about whether she can cope or not, cos they have been married for 70 years, and this will be terrible for her.

and all this has happened and school is getting me stressed and i dunno what to do. i just need cheering up and i thought that feedback was the place to come.

thanks

I'm so sorry about your grandad.. :hug: It's perfectly normal for you to feel like this. I was worried about my grandma too when grandpa passed away.. but she's doing ok. Having family around is important and helps alot.

If I had a picture of you I would photoshop you and Larry together to cheer you up. :laugh:

i'm sorry about your grandfather. at least he's not suffering anymore. i've lost both of my grandfathers and i know how terribly sad it is. keep your chin up.

:hug:

AliTheFOADist said:
they have been married for 70 years, and this will be terrible for her.

school is getting me stressed and i dunno what to do. i just need cheering up and i thought that feedback was the place to come.

Wow, 70 years is a long time! This must be really hard for your Grandma.....
I can empathize with the school thing too, I've got 4 tests over the week :scream: :scream:

So you need to be cheered up, huh? Well, I suggest we show you silly pictures to make you laugh!

This one cracks me up, I'll try to find more:

A contagious Bad Hair Day (that, or it's genetic)
3356298%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B435%3A64ot1lsi

Re: Re: please someone cheer me up

bonosloveslave said:

A contagious Bad Hair Day (that, or it's genetic)
3356298%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B435%3A64ot1lsi

lol, that is funny, that man has hair like the secretary man in school.

thanks everyone you are all so nice:hug:

and im sorry to hear about all your losses too

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

My grandpa passed away almost ten years ago, and my grandma stayed on for seven years after the fact, due to the great family she had around her, like Sicy said it helps.

I never even knew my grandpa on my dad's side. He died when my dad was 6 years old. :| My mom's mom died when she was 16, too. :sad:

My grandfather funeral was the first person I knew to die. He got stung by a bee on the day of our family reunion. He was puting up diretion signs so people would know where to go in this state park where we were having it. We were on our way to do the set up and drove past him and he waved at us and we waved back and that was the last time I saw him.

I am sorry. I know that is not really a cheer you up type story but your story just reminded me of it and I wanted to share.

ghetofabu said:
My grandfather funeral was the first person I knew to die. He got stung by a bee on the day of our family reunion. He was puting up diretion signs so people would know where to go in this state park where we were having it. We were on our way to do the set up and drove past him and he waved at us and we waved back and that was the last time I saw him.

I am sorry. I know that is not really a cheer you up type story but your story just reminded me of it and I wanted to share.

aww, im so sorry to hear that:hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm truly sorry for your loss.

My grandpa passed away almost ten years ago, and my grandma stayed on for seven years after the fact, due to the great family she had around her, like Sicy said it helps.

I never even knew my grandpa on my dad's side. He died when my dad was 6 years old. :| My mom's mom died when she was 16, too. :sad:

i never knew either of my mam's parents, her dad died even before my sister was born, so about 1978, and her mam died when i was about 1. i wish i had known them though, my mam always says that Granda Ownie would have thought i was great and he would have loved me to bits. she says that im like him in every way, i really wish i could have met him:(

I'm sooo sorry...it's know it's really hard right now...but just think about all of the wonderful memories your grandpa has left you with....hold on to those and cherish them....
Your grandmother will be okay, so long as you make sure family surrounds her(like Sicy said) and you don't give her the opportunity to get lonely.
Wow! Married for 70 years? THAT'S AMAZING!:love: :cute:
We should all :bow: to people like that....what a strong strong love they must have had. Sounds like a great pair of grandparents to have.:heart:
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers....stay strong...your grandmother is going to need that.:hug:
And whenever you need to vent, we're all here for you! Remember that!
Love Autumn:heart:

:hug: to everyone who has lost

:(

and for ali, cowboy larry is here to cheer you up!

Attachments

• cowboy.jpg
    cowboy.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Oh im sorry to hear that about your grandad!:hug: My family just celebrated/remember my grandad on the 26th bc it was 2 yrs ago that day that he died. My gram has been doing okay not having him here but it gets to her from time to time bc they were married for 54 yrs when he died! Ive had a hard time with it bc I was extremely close to him and still am with my gram. They are the only grandparents I know and I dread the day that my gram passes bc I know it will be really hard for me to deal with. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom