please give me a good reason to live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2zoogirl

War Child
I just want to die... I have no friends, my boyfriend doesn't care about me... i'm not good in my job...

Last edited:
One reason? How about, 'Cause you only get one shot at life, and even at its worst, its still a lot better than the alternative?

I wont trivialize your problems by saying 'well, other people have it worse', and I wont use a cliche like saying 'everythingll be ok', whether you can appreciate it now or not, there are many things beyond simply a job or a boyfriend that make life worth living. It may be hard to see, but its true. Plus, its ok to feel like hell, everyone has their moments like that, its normal. Soon enough time will pass, and youll feel better, especially if you want to feel better - Dont sit on your hands, like I often have, and become absorbed in your poor situation. If your boyfriend doesnt care about you, do something to change that; show him that you care and see if he reciprocates, ask him if he cares, or get rid of him and move on to someone better who will appreciate you, as you most certainly deserve. If youre not happy with your job, get a new one, or if you just believe that youre 'not any good at it', be greatful that you have one; they wouldnt keep you on if you didnt show some quality in your work, if you feel that you need improvement, than seek to improve yourself and your skills, nobody is going to stop you from doing that, and youd feel better about yourself in the process.

Its hard to find friends in this world; trust, respect, compassion, these are all difficult things to find, but if you have come here looking for friends to supplement your life cause youre goin through some tough times right now, then youve come to the right place. There are people here who are more than happy to listen to you, talk with you, laugh with you, and help you out when youre feeling down.

Cheer up

:hug:

:hug: U2zoogirl :hug:

Everyone here at interference is like one big family, and you will always have friends here...I've met some great friends thru this site. This is definitely a place where you can vent your frustrations, or come if you feel like you just need a hug. unforgettableFOXfire is right. Through all of it's ups and downs, life is worth living. I know you're going thru a rough time now, but please hang in there.

Carpe Diem

U2ZooGirl,

It's amazing that I found this because honestly, I was going to post the same question. It all seems like such a tremendous struggle. It all seems so F*cking hard. I'm personally totally ready to chuck in the towel, but ... I still don't think YOU should. I don't know why, I just think that there has to be a reason for us to hang around. I'm tired too. I'm fucking tired right now, I've even tried to end it twice before. I want a reason too. Damn it, I want a reason. I'm so tired and scared and mostly just exhausted of the up and down and up and down.

But, I also want to see what you say next. So how about you hang on tonight no matter what, and I'll hang on tonight no matter what and we'll see what it's like tommorow. Right? I guess so.

Damn it, somebody say something good.

Hey, there's a reason to not die. There is ONE person in another country miles and miles away who is hanging on just so you will too. Okay? Talk to someone if you can. Talking doesn't work for me, but I've heard it helps other people. Suicide also just tends to scare the CRAP out of people who love you and then they stop trusting you. It's not a lot of fun.

I'm very sorry that you're having a miserable go of things right now. I have felt as you do more than once in my life, and the strange thing is...if you can ride the wave, it will carry you to a different time where things feel better. The past few weeks have been especially hard for me, but it helps me to allow myself to feel horrible, whether that means letting myself cry or listening to sad music or venting or slacking at work.

I don't know what else to say, other than I hope you can hang on. :hug: I don't mean to be cheesy, but I think Bono is right. It's just a moment. This time will pass. Take care.

look, trust me. i won't go into details, but if i haven't checked out of this shit life yet, surely you can hang on a little longer too.

With all DUE respect, your encouragement re: comparing her pain to yours will only come across as berating her for not having your golden experiences. It's IMPOSSIBLE for someone to fully understand what another human being is going through and holding yourself up as some "holier than thou" paragon of angst and suffering is NOT going to help ZooGirl.

You may have come through a lot, but if you need to run someone else down because they aren't as "tough" as you are, perhaps you need to work a little harder.

I'm not mincing words because this is serious and we should be taking Zoogirl seriously tonight. If you need to wax nostalgic about your strength, do so elsewhere. Thanks.

i'll be your friend, U2ZooGirl! :)

and u2 are your friends...kinda! they put out this wonderful music and put on these wonderful shows for us, and unlike many bands, they treat us well and think of us as human beings, not just adoring fans! so, they must care! i'm sure they would be heartbroken if they knew how you were feeling.
maybe you can find solace in their songs. i know it's hard when people are cruel to us. it's impossible not to be upset when they treat us poorly, but don't let them make you feel like life is not worth living. it is. there are many things out there worth living for, there always are. you just need to search for the things in life that really mean something to you. and i'm sure there are people in your life who really do love you. so ignore the others!

Live for the music, my friend. i hope you find what you are looking for.:wave:

Dump your prick of a boyfriend. Its not a relationship when one doesn't care about the other. Take control of everything you dont have control of now. You can't do anything about the way your boyfriend is, so find someone who doesn't need 'changing'. Your unhappiness there is because of who he is, not a failing of yours. So take it back.
Same with your job. Not being able to do something, or not being good at it doesn't reflect on you in the slightest. Again, there's nothing wrong with 'you'. We can only be good at so much. Find what you are good at or enjoy doing, and aim for that. Don't waste time with something that makes you feel like crap. If you've studied and have school fees to pay off or whatever, don't let that decide where you stay in life. You're going to take the fees and knowledge you learned where ever you go. May as well be happy while you pay it all off. Take control back.
Only you can find a reason to live. Only you know what makes you happy. Only you know what is good in your life and what is not. Make an inventory. Systematically go through the list of things you want to change and either get rid of it or work on a way to make it better. Don't cling to the things that make you feel you have nothing to live for. Its a habit, and one that will become the norm for you. Friends are something you can't always seek and find conciously. It will happen when you are happier in yourself and others see a smiling and overall happy you.
Be selfish for a while. Do only what you think will benefit you while you get through this phase. If it wont make you happy, dont do it, and dont hang on to it.

Smile, sweetie :D Everyone has a reason to live. Sometimes it just takes a bit of searching to find it, but never give up because it is there somewhere!

It takes courage to admit that you have problems, and I'd say that since you were brave enough to let us know here, you must be a stronger person than you might think. Just take a minute to think things through. No one else can make a decision for you, so if there's something that you need to change in your life, you need to choose whether it's the best thing to do. Maybe you think you have no reason to live and you want to do something about it, but maybe you just need to try something new, get involved in something you've never considered before, have a change of scenery.

Good for you for recognising your problems. We're all here to help you, support and encourage you, so if you need any ideas etc, you just say so. You are a special person, and don't forget that!

I don't know how old you are sweetheart, but you will definitely learn w/ time that these situations are only temporary. You loved your boyfriend I'm sure, but you will also find someone else at some point who you will love. You are missing out on that if you do something foolish. I'm not minimizing your pain in any way.

No offense, but a message board will not really help. Yes it helps to be anonymous and talk about your pain, but you should talk about this w/ someone- your parents, or a professional counselor. If you are spiritual/religious, that is also a wonderful source of help and comfort. When you're down on yourself, it feels like people don't understand, but someone will.

Please do something to help yourself, and please take care :hug: There are so many reasons to live, beautiful things that we can see and experience every day. I'm quite sure that you have MANY great qualities, you're just in a temporary bad place right now. Try, as hard as it is, to focus on that.

Words of advice may help, but ultimately it's all about finding the answers w/ in yourself.

im sorry your going thru some tough times, zoogirl. hang in there! i remember being where you are now...it was hard:sigh: but you know what, im here, things got better for me because i chose to change things that i was having problems with in my life. its never easy, but we're here to help with hugs and encouragement:hug:

bluey, i know bg wasn't trying to play down zoogirl's pain. everybody has different ways of showing support. and its all good:)

bluephisto said:
With all DUE respect, your encouragement re: comparing her pain to yours will only come across as berating her for not having your golden experiences. It's IMPOSSIBLE for someone to fully understand what another human being is going through and holding yourself up as some "holier than thou" paragon of angst and suffering is NOT going to help ZooGirl.

You may have come through a lot, but if you need to run someone else down because they aren't as "tough" as you are, perhaps you need to work a little harder.

I'm not mincing words because this is serious and we should be taking Zoogirl seriously tonight. If you need to wax nostalgic about your strength, do so elsewhere. Thanks.

i'm assuming this is directed at me. i'm not mincing words, either. this was a bit much, don't you think? a "holier than thou paragon of angst?" i hardly think that my statement deserved this kind of a beating. the next time you want to twist every word that i say into an unrecognizable mess, please do so through a PM. thank you.

zoogirl, i hope the morning has brought you some hope.

U2zoogirl said:
I just want to die... I have no friends, my boyfriend doesn't care about me... i'm not good in my job...

I don?t know what else you have been writing in the message since it is edited.

But I can give you a good reason to live on.

Live on because you love yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror, caress your cheek and say to yourself: Hey. I am here. I am living. Now.

Feel the blood that is rushing through your body. Feel your heart beat. Feel your breath. Breathing in and out.

Get a glass of cold water. Enjoy it when you drink it. Water is a wonderful gift. And life is a wonderful gift, too.

Then, you might go out and connect with the wonderful beings who also live on this planet. There are miracles to be found in nature. Sky, birds, trees, the sea.

After you have done that, go back to the mirror and caress your face again. It is good to stay here.

Re: Re: please give me a good reason to live

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Live on because you love yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror, caress your cheek and say to yourself: Hey. I am here. I am living. Now.

Feel the blood that is rushing through your body. Feel your heart beat. Feel your breath. Breathing in and out.

Get a glass of cold water. Enjoy it when you drink it. Water is a wonderful gift. And life is a wonderful gift, too.

Then, you might go out and connect with the wonderful beings who also live on this planet. There are miracles to be found in nature. Sky, birds, trees, the sea.

After you have done that, go back to the mirror and caress your face again. It is good to stay here.

I think these words are so encouraging. We all need to stop and smell the flowers once in awhile. Well said, hip hop!

Take a walk, it's raining, grab an umbrella.. The sun comes out smell the thanks for the water given to the earth. Watch the sun go down, or come up. Listen to the laughter of children or your own. Join a pick up soft ball game at the park. Run, skip walk whatever revs your spirit. Scream, cry and laugh. Listen to music or talk to people on the internet All these things make life worth living and no one else is required, except maybe the soft ball game and internet. Take time for yourself but give of yourself also. You're needed here, you can't go now - your job isn't complete. Things won't be right till you give what your part is. Get busy times awasting. Just start with a walk if thats all you feel like. Oh, and get rid of the negatives, if that means the boyfriend or job or both, then that is what you are suppose to do.
Everyone who has taken the time to talk to you has good words and hearts, that was something they were suppose to do. It's up to you now.

U2zoogirl, I'm sorry you are so sad. I hope all the loving, caring messages that have been written for you are making you realize that there is still a lot of good in the world.
Please, take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

"When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a moment longer, never give up then - for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
~Harriet Beecher Stowe~

:hug: Hang in there!

zoogirl, I bet many more people love you than you know or even think of. I've been through some dark times myself lately...try telling someone, please?? Not to go overboard with the cheesiness, but think, in a "It's a Wonderful Life" way, about what things would be like if you weren't here. Think about all the people you've interacted with. Keep yourself away from anything you could use to hurt yourself until you feel strong enough to tell someone how you feel. I promise you, someone will be there for you. For me, my sister, a counselor here at school, my favourite teacher from high school, a friend I'd fallen out of touch with, a former coach...so many people have been supportive and helpful. People will be for you, too.

Finally, if you have to post about it, and think about it, you don't want to kill yourself. You want to live. This thread is proof of that.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

We only get one shot at this life. Just know that to someone, somewhere, you mean something, and that indirectly, or directly, you have changed the course of someone's life, no matter how small. Take comfort in knowing that you are loved, athough those around you may not show it. And if you need more, look at all the responses you've received in this thread. You mean something to US.

We're one, but we're not the same, we get to carry each other, carry each other, one.

There will always be people out there to help you. Don't give up.

Hello again---

Hi....

Thank you all for the replies... I don't know what to do yet, but i'm trying to live each day, but it's hard... I'm trying to effort in my work but i'm tired, and I can't talk to anybody. Anyway, I have a lot to do.

I was thinking.. if i die, my mom will cry, and i don?t wanna see her crying. that's maybe one reason to stay here

Re: Hello again---

U2zoogirl said:
Hi....

Thank you all for the replies... I don't know what to do yet, but i'm trying to live each day, but it's hard... I'm trying to effort in my work but i'm tired, and I can't talk to anybody. Anyway, I have a lot to do.

I was thinking.. if i die, my mom will cry, and i don?t wanna see her crying. that's maybe one reason to stay here

Remember you can always talk here. We all wish that you stay fine.

If I was father, and I had a daughter, and she would kill herself, I would probably kill myself as well. I wouldn?t know how to live with that pain.

So... I just think there?s lots of responsibilities connected with that topic.

Because of past experiences, I would personally appreciate if you would continue to live each day, also if it is hard.

Thanks.

:hug:

We're always here if you need someone to talk to about things. Keep taking care of yourself and living one day at a time. Every day is another small victory. :hug:

Hi.. Look, I know how you feel, because I've pass throught it when I was younger.. But.. I prefer not to expost my story here.. It's something I wanna leave behind.. you know.. I'm choose somethings to left behind.. like the song walk on.. but if you wanna talk to someone.. you can email me, and I'll try to help you, like the other ppl that helped me.. I just don't feel ok about exposing something to ppl which I'm trying to forget...

aine_mullenIRE@hotmail.com

If you wanna talk, I'm here for you!

I thought about your question and for me, the best thing in life would be friends and family - who have both been there for me. (mostly school stuff, nothing major, but still...it helps if you can talk to someone about your fears) That and hope.

Other than that, hobbys are fullfilling for me (even if it's nothing more than reading a good book or watching a movie or - hey it is a music board - listen to a good album or watch an interesting TV programme), trying out a class, do some garden work, ride a bycicle or something...you know, to keep yourself busy and off thoughts like that.

Or just looking at the sky on a really beautiful day, watching nature itself at its most beautiful.

Lastly, personally I'm - just like most humans I guess - curious what the world has in store for me, what's next...the best (or maybe a better word would be most interesting) things in life are mostly unexpected.

Hope you're doing allright.

Back
Top Bottom