Piercing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Way to go Shaynar! :applaud:

LivLuv it really does sound like you are allergic to gold. My oldest sister is allergic and her ears got really bad because of it. What you are going through sounds a lot like what she went through. Remember her developing bad infections like that whenver gold was in her ears. Wears sterling silver with no problem though. Maybe try that after your ears have healed and you have them pierced again?

Last edited:
Yeah, they'll probably have to be pierced again. I suppose I was allergic to the gold, or maybe whatever's under it, since I wear a white gold ring and it doesn't irritate my finger. I was hoping that taking the rings out would let the swelling drain, but when I woke up in the morning they were completely closed. Maybe I'll just try a belly piercing instead.

Shaynar, hope it heals with no problems :)

LivLuv hope if you try again with your ears they heal better, sounds lik eyou've had a rough time with them

I have my ears and nose pierced, not had a problem with either, must be lucky

If you decide not to go through with piercing your ears again. Than you could always find a nice pair of clip ons for when you get married.

Honestly I admire anyone who is brave enough to get a bellybutton ring,lol. Just watching it get done looks painful.

I am considering an eyebrow or maybe nose pierce. I like the look of barely there nose jewelry, just a tiny sparkle. What's that piercing experience like? :confused:

I have 6 piercings in my ears, and one in my belly button. The belly button wasn't too painful, Bonosbaby. I just had a friend distract me while I got it done.

I have been thinking lately about getting a small one in my nose, like Carek, but am not sure yet. I'd be interested in other people's experiences with that too.

ThoraSEB said:
I have 6 piercings in my ears, and one in my belly button. The belly button wasn't too painful, Bonosbaby. I just had a friend distract me while I got it done.

I have been thinking lately about getting a small one in my nose, like Carek, but am not sure yet. I'd be interested in other people's experiences with that too.

Thanks for the input Thora :). Have always been interested in getting another piercing. When I was in high school one of my friends had her nose pierced. Said that hurt like hell but that the eyebrow piercing wasn't too bad.

For those interested in the nose piercing's mine hurt for a few seconds! where i got mine done they put a gel on to numb most of my nose on the outside and just inside it! the guy who did it told me the idea is to numb most of the tissue except it doesnt numb a tiny section in the middle! its hurt a little for about 5 seconds, but ive had worst period pains than that :)

suppose it depends on people pain threshold how much it hurts and the how they do it, i dont have a very high pain threshold and i survived :lol: :up:

anyone who decides to go for it keep us updated :)

Back
Top Bottom