Picking up girls: How the hell is this guy so smooth??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cant be bothered with that kind of thing. I see right through people. I'd probably be like 'um yeah I gotta go.. take care' and walk away.

Please, please, please, for the love of all that is good and right in the world, tell me you're not actually watching that guy for advice.

Well no, I was looking at dating advice and somehow came across this video. I wouldn't follow his advice because I don't see the point. Its cool if you're good at doing that, but if you're not, why waste your energy trying to do so when you can focus on actually trying to meet women for conversations.

But having said that, it is pretty impressive and I still don't get it. How can the guy be so smooth? And if he's not, then how can the woman be THAT attracted??

I cant be bothered with that kind of thing. I see right through people. I'd probably be like 'um yeah I gotta go.. take care' and walk away.

I'm not saying your wrong about seeing right through people, but the thing is that all girls say that. If I asked 100 girls if they would do what the girl in the video did, most if not all of them would say no. And its not that they would be lying, but from watching a video like that its really hard to see yourself doing something like that. To girls who are outside observers, the one in the video looks like a fool. But its a whole different ball game if you are the one being approached by a guy like that.

Its like this. How many times have you seen friends of yours who are in terrible relationships with their partners, and its so obvious to you that they should leave their significant other, and ask yourself why the hell he/she isn't leaving them? But being in the situation is so much different then observing.

I'm not saying your wrong about seeing right through people, but the thing is that all girls say that. If I asked 100 girls if they would do what the girl in the video did, most if not all of them would say no. And its not that they would be lying, but from watching a video like that its really hard to see yourself doing something like that. To girls who are outside observers, the one in the video looks like a fool. But its a whole different ball game if you are the one being approached by a guy like that.

Its like this. How many times have you seen friends of yours who are in terrible relationships with their partners, and its so obvious to you that they should leave their significant other, and ask yourself why the hell he/she isn't leaving them? But being in the situation is so much different then observing.

Trust me if you knew me, I don't let people in that easily. Especially guys. It would have to be like a love at first sight type thing for that to ever even remotely happen to me.

Trust me if you knew me, I don't let people in that easily. Especially guys. It would have to be like a love at first sight type thing for that to ever even remotely happen to me.

haha yeah, I know you and I would pay to watch what would happen if that guy approached you and tried that crap! :lmao:

Yeah, what Sicy and Cobl04 said is pretty much how I feel.

It truly is not that easy with most people, and being youtube and the internet and all, the entire thing could have been a set up as well. Everyone amateur with a free second is Steven Spielberg these days......

In my experience, the situation when you have the best chance of meeting a girl/getting to know her better/building up rapport necessary for physical contact is far and away a situation where you see each other periodically.

Thats why in real life, you hear so many more people talk about experiences at school, work, the gym or bookstores and coffee shops that they frequent. Bar/club hook ups and the random, on the street pick up are the most talked about in the movies/on TV, but in real life, they are uncommon relative to the other scenarios.

When I look at my experience, 2 girls I came pretty close with I met in college classes, and 2 prospects now are at work and the gym. I work at concerts with thousands of attractive, young females in attendance every night, and I hang around Boston in the college areas and will go to the clubs should my favorite U2 tribute band Joshua Tree be playing. I am here to tell you that you are far and away more likely to "score" the boring way than this way!

I have to laugh and shake my head when people say "you must get so many girls being a good looking young guy working at concerts." Its a wonder most guys are clueless these days, they actually think that a crowded place where people are with a group of friends or their significant others in what is usually a very loud environment is the place to work on your game! I knew that coming in, and still couldn't resist giving one girl my number at the BackStreet Boys a few months back. She flirted with me all night and I thought she was really hot. Funny thing, I laughed at myself all the way home thinking "what an idiot, Greg, you know she wont call." Funny thing is, I saw her again a few weeks back at Maroon 5, said hello, I was happy to see her, but I was certain she had long since lost my number.

I don't have this dating stuff even close to figured out, because lets face it, if I did, I'd probably have a really smart, good hearted and attractive girlfriend and not be posting here all the time, but I know any of these magic formulas or strategic roadmaps are useless. Nothing is a substitute for chemistry, attraction and the tension that develops over time and leads to physical intimacy.

Being a little challenged in this area(not to sound like a certain poster, not looking for sympathy, lol) I have looked up these advice sites/one man magic formula wrecking teams and all have been at best the complete opposite of what works most of the time and at worst completely nonsensical. I think the guy in the video is closer to the latter.

Back
Top Bottom