People confuse me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I guess my expectations are just too high-but somehow I always feel 'let down' by most people.
frown.gif

People just don't seem to be able or willing to accept me for who I am, and, at this point in my life, I really can't worry about it.

Well, just felt like making this lame post to get this off my chest!

Gina darlin... youre startin to sound like me... all with the whole worrying 500% too much... Im in a good mood today though (begining to wonder if im manic depressive lol) but really. If those pics you post are honestly you, then the whole world has gone insane. If not, then you better darn well send me good ones via email LOL. But I mean, whats not to like? Bide your time. People cant remain ignorant to the fact youre absolutely wonderful for entirely too long. If ya relax and let them come to you, Im sure thingsll work out fine... and if not, then you can go and hunt down anyone without a ring on his finger and make him love you! lol
smile.gif
(that was no help...)

I dont know what exactly to say, but im trying. I wouldnt try if I didnt think you were worth the effort. Try not to be so down on yourself.
smile.gif

Always look on the bright side of life *wistles*

If ya need anything, just gimmie a shout.

I wonder what my sig is? LOL i forget... hahaha

------------------

Call on the fire, and you're bound to get burned...

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
But I mean, whats not to like? Bide your time. People cant remain ignorant to the fact youre absolutely wonderful for entirely too long. If ya relax and let them come to you, Im sure thingsll work out fine... and if not, then you can go and hunt down anyone without a ring on his finger and make him love you!

I dont know what exactly to say, but im trying. I wouldnt try if I didnt think you were worth the effort. Try not to be so down on yourself.
smile.gif

AW-that seriously brought tears to my eyes.Thanks.
smile.gif

And btw-those are NOT really my pics-I only wish...you really thought they were?

Hunt down anyone without a ring on his finger and make love to him? Well, here I am! ....over here!...

What? ...oh, I misread that post....oh, well. Nevermind.

I feel like I confuse people too much!!

Especially around these parts lately it seems - things havent been coming off the way I intended them too... blah.

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Blah! You seemed like a great gal when I met you in Vegas!

People should always accept you for who you are.. and if they dont, well screw em!

you seem pretty cool to me!! that should count for something....(back to the corner to plan corny antics)

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Blah! You seemed like a great gal when I met you in Vegas!

People should always accept you for who you are.. and if they dont, well screw em!

Thanks-it was nice to meet you too Christine.

I try to have that attitude, but it's tough for me to do-I'm just too sensitive for my own good, I guess
frown.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I guess my expectations are just too high-but somehow I always feel 'let down' by most people.
frown.gif

People just don't seem to be able or willing to accept me for who I am, and, at this point in my life, I really can't worry about it.

Well, just felt like making this lame post to get this off my chest!

Ok... so just "who" are you that people can't accept you?

AND who are these people you are hanging around with that cannot accept you????
True friends are supposed to accept you, warts and all.
Oh! but remember: To have a good friend, you must be a good friend... Something like that.

Lastly, there will ALWAYS be jerks out there in the world. There will always be people that do not accept you for one reason or another... The key is... Do YOU accept yourself??... warts and all??? And does the opinion of these people REALLY matter to you? Should it?? Or do you take into consideration WHO is the one criticizing?

Know yourself, Gina...Accept yourself. Love yourself.. And if there are a few rough spots you think you should smooth out, well then work on it (but go easy on yourself!)

Anyway, hang in there!

..Oh, and... "How YOU doin'????"

smile.gif

Peace

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Gee, thanks Joey
wink.gif

Well, I think I'm a good friend-I know myself-too well for my own good sometimes, I think
rolleyes.gif
, but don't love or accept myself-that is a constant struggle,due to reasons I would never talk about here.

Oh-and people STILL confuse me
wink.gif
Heck-I confuse me!

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by Trash Can:
... so... you didn't answer my questionssssssssss....

Well, some I did-I'm tired and have to stop spending so much time on this bloody computer!

------------------

Im sick of being a good friend, as ive said before, nice guys finish last. Therefore, I am taking it upon myself to become arrogant, cocky, crass, and to be an asshole since it seems that every person who is hooked up in this town treats girls like shit. People other than my friends dont tlak to me while im at school anyway, so what the fuck is it going to matter. GRRRRR

*is very VERY bitter*

Im sick of being a good friend, as ive said before, nice guys finish last. Therefore, I am taking it upon myself to become arrogant, cocky, crass, and to be an asshole since it seems that every person who is hooked up in this town treats girls like shit. People other than my friends dont tlak to me while im at school anyway, so what the fuck is it going to matter. GRRRRR

*is very VERY bitter*

OH MY GOD!! Its ME during my 20's!!!!!!

Youre headed for your own lil Hell on Earth... Are you prepared??

Are you sure you want to do this???

Oh, well... I guess we all have to learn the hard way!

Hope you survive this, Uforgettable. Hope to see you on the "other side".

God bless you

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

I can understand why it is difficult to be, honestly, good people, especially when one is young.

Perhaps this is funny--and maybe this is just me--but I often feel left out by not being an asshole. I mean, perhaps I am overly sensitive to what evangelical Christians say, but I often hear them say how we are all evil and that we must convert....but what about those who have been good their whole lives? I almost think I should, perhaps, reject God, become a whore for about 10 years, and then reconvert just so I can fit in. Then I'd have all these good stories to tell potential converts.
wink.gif

Seriously, though, I'd never do it, but I almost think that people born with good integrity often feel isolated and/or defective, because they aren't "bad" like everyone else.

Anyway, maybe I'm making no sense here. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here???

Regardless, I know exactly what you are talking about, Gina and FOXfire, because I was/am in your boat. Perhaps it's little consolation right now, but when you're older, people will catch up to you. At least, that is what I keep on telling myself...
wink.gif

But if either one of you wish to talk outside the forum, just say the word...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

*nods head*

Gina Marie-you seemed like such a sweet person when I met you in Vegas, and I agree with Sicy, who gives a crap what others think of you! (Probably should listen to her sistah's advice more often.
wink.gif
)

(((hugs everyone on this thread))) I can totally emphatize with some of you on this subject. Good luck to all.
smile.gif

------------------
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

Why Melon-I'm flattered-or maybe I should be embarrassed
wink.gif
-that you think I'm 'younger'.
But that's fine w/ me-I'm sticking to it!
smile.gif

And thanks so much April
smile.gif
-so nice of you to say that.

Heck-someone just confused me on here tonight-but that's the wacky world of the Net for you-people act in ways and say things they would never say face-to-face-at least I hope they wouldn't
frown.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Why Melon-I'm flattered-or maybe I should be embarrassed
wink.gif
-that you think I'm 'younger'.
But that's fine w/ me-I'm sticking to it!
smile.gif

Heh...it's funny how one has impressions of people in their head on the basis of names. My problem is that I slip up and start making assumptions. Luckily, you like it.
wink.gif

I often wonder how people imagine me to be, just on the basis of my name and what I write.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

*is very VERY bitter*

If memory serves me correctly - you're 17, foxfire? If that's right, then I really wouldn't worry about that "nice guys finish last" thing. Being "hooked up" in high school isn't all it's cracked up to be.
smile.gif

And nice guys don't finish last, they just might have to wait a little longer for an even better finish.

I know what you mean. It feels like I give SO much more than I ever get back in return. But such is the nature of being a good person...ooo that sounds like I'm conceited. But I'm not...really I'm the most self-deprocating person I know.

*is very VERY bitter*

please dont!

I like nice people and there arent enough of them
frown.gif

anyway here's coming from a girl that feels guys only want the cocky, arrogant girls...and the ones that are easy. not all guys are that way, I mean, it's just for some reason that's all I seem to be finding.

Originally posted by melon:
Seriously, though, I'd never do it, but I almost think that people born with good integrity often feel isolated and/or defective, because they aren't "bad" like everyone else.

Anyway, maybe I'm making no sense here. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here???

and btw, you weren't talking to me, but yes, I know what you mean. and melon don't try and change for anyone cos you really seem like a great person as is.

Originally posted by melon:
I almost think that people born with good integrity often feel isolated and/or defective, because they aren't "bad" like everyone else.

Careful M, there's a very fine line between what you say above and downright "arrogance".
First off, are you "born" with good integrity, or are you blessed to have parents that taught you that good integrity?

"Bad like everyone else"??? Myyy, are you really that saintly??
I understand what you mean. I believe you are saying that its difficult to try to live a clean life with all this peer pressure. But to say "bad like everyone else"?

I guess I am one of those "bad" people, because I'm imperfect and a sinner.

Anywayyyy, I mayve blown this all out of porportion, but I hope you see my point.

"Remember that when you point your finger at others, three of your fingers are pointing right back at you."

[This message has been edited by Trash Can (edited 12-12-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom