Our Father Needs Your Prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rick, i am so sorry you have to go thru this. i am praying for your strength. take care:hug:

You guys are wonderful...thank you so much for your kind words and support.

I just talked to Rick and his Dad is currently being examined by the nursing home staff and settling into his room. I'm not sure if he even realizes what's going on but he thinks he'll be going home in a few days :(

He was supposed to be in a room with 2 other people but luckily a private room became available so he'll have some privacy at least.

:sigh:

:sad: I've been through so much of what you talk about with my aunt and my grandmothers in the last few years. It's not easy but you'll be thankful that you're doing all of this for your dad. :hug:

i am sitting at Caron's right now and my phone rings. it is my brother telling me that the end is near. my plans were to go see my dad this saturday but that may be too late.

i have been so wrapped up in work the past couple of months that i have not been able to go see him but i will not feel guilty. yes, he is my dad but he has also not been in my life for over 17 years. i lost him then.

this may sound harsh and callous but i have a different relationship with him than rick does. when he cut us out of his life to remarry, i lost him then.

i will go see my dad this week. hopefully before it is too late. i will tell him that i forgive him and that i love him. that is all i can do. i realize today that he did the best he could with what he had. he had no parenting classes to go to. he showed his love by providing food and a home. i don't know how many times i heard that.

i don't know where this is going. i am just rambling because i am at a loss for words.

:sad:

Doozer61 said:
i am sitting at Caron's right now and my phone rings. it is my brother telling me that the end is near. my plans were to go see my dad this saturday but that may be too late.

i have been so wrapped up in work the past couple of months that i have not been able to go see him but i will not feel guilty. yes, he is my dad but he has also not been in my life for over 17 years. i lost him then.

this may sound harsh and callous but i have a different relationship with him than rick does. when he cut us out of his life to remarry, i lost him then.

i will go see my dad this week. hopefully before it is too late. i will tell him that i forgive him and that i love him. that is all i can do. i realize today that he did the best he could with what he had. he had no parenting classes to go to. he showed his love by providing food and a home. i don't know how many times i heard that.

i don't know where this is going. i am just rambling because i am at a loss for words.

:sad:

It doesn't sound harsh or callous, its the truth. You do have a different relationship because the things that happened 17 years ago hurt you in a much different way. The fact that you are willing to forgive him says a lot about the type of person you've become...its more than some people would be willing to do :hug:

My thoughts are with you all -- BAW's, Doozer, and your families.

Its near 11 pm Pacific time..I'm back and its been a long day..dad is in a deep sleep and he made one attempt to leave the home..I will post tomorrow.I'm very tired and I thank each and everyone of you for your kindest thoughts...:hug:

I read this thread for the first time last night/this morning at 2:30am. My thoughts and prayers to you all :hug:

I don't know how much time your Dad has left, but I have a book I would recommend to you. I read it a few years ago when my Uncle (r.i.p.) was diagnosed with a inoperable brain tumor :sad: . I believe the book is 'Nearing Death Awareness' (written by hospice nurses I think). I just found it quite interesting. If the title is off or you want further details/author, I can get that for you (PM me). Heck, I can even mail it to you to borrow if you'd like (I'd like it back of course.)

Again, :hug:

Last edited:
:hug: BAW family :hug:

You know we're here when you need us, Rick - we all love you guys & wish you peace of mind and peace of soul for the coming days. They will be difficult, but take strength in the knowledge that while we may not be there physically we are with you in spirit. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom