One Of My Cats Is Dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I've talked about it in my journal a little, but it looks like my little guy has taken a turn for the worse. I'm scared that our kitty Thomas Jefferson (Tommy) may have to be put to sleep soon. :sad:

We took him to the vet last week because he'd gotten really skinny and lethargic. Dr. Tina said it could be one of many things and that she couldn't tell just yet. She did say that it looked like there was some fluid building up in his tummy that she couldn't identify. When we went back again, she said it looked like Tommy had stomach cancer. However, he still had a good appetite and seemed to be moving around all right (slowly but surely). So we put him on antibiotics and agreed to take it one day at a time.

Well...tonight has been a bad night. He stayed down in the basement most of the night and hasn't been eating. I went to go down to the basement to visit him, and I found him sprawled out at the top of the stairs...he looked like he'd been completely exhausted from the strain of walking up the stairs. I carried him into my dad's room (he usually sleeps with him).

We're taking him back to the vet tomorrow...I'm afraid of what they are going to say...

:sad: :heart: Tommy :heart: :sad:

3369878323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E2323373%3C57233ot1lsi

3369878323232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E232335%3A729277ot1lsi

3369878323232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E2323373%3C57234ot1lsi

3369878323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E2323373%3C572%3B2ot1lsi

Oh no, not Tommy! That's the one who looks like my cat Muffin! :sad:

I am so sorry. :sad: :sad:

Meh.. I have such the soft spot for cats I'm tearing up :(

I'm sorry about Tommy.. I HATE how the vets are never postitive what's wrong with them :yell: I went through hell with Sasha.. had her taking 3 kinds of medication only to have her plummet downhill :sad: Eventually she wouldnt eat, she wouldnt even move. It was time to end her suffering.

You have a lot of support here.. stay strong :hug:

I am so sorry.
Losing a pet you love is heartwrenching, Thomas your little kitty was a lucky cat to have you as his owner and I'm sure his life was full and happy, but I know that doesn't make it hurt any less right now. :hug:

He's worse today. He's sleeping down in the basement in a spot where he never sleeps (on some bare linoleum in a closet), and he's meowing like I've never heard him meow before...he's barely moving. Him and Chloe used to be best playmates...used to roll around and fight all the time, but they never made hissing sounds or anything cuz it was all just play...we called them mimes. Well, I could see Chloe sitting on the bottom of the basement steps from where we were, and when Tommy would meow, Chloe would meow back...and her meow sounded weird too. I tried calling Chloe over, but she wouldn't come. I picked her up and brought her by Tommy. She did another meow, sniffed Tommy's nose, meowed again, and ran away. :sad:

Yeah...it's scheduled for 5:20 today. I didn't think I'd be able to go cuz I was supposed to be at work for training today, but my boss had to go out of town for a meeting, so I got the day off. We couldn't schedule it earlier though because Dad is at work right now, and he has to come with.

i just went down to the basemnet to see him, and he's de3add!!!!!!!

hes fucking dead@!!!!!!!!

no...we've n ever had a a cta suffer do eath...he suffered....were awful.....he shoudl ave been put to sleep ......he wasn't supposed to die alone the ibasemente!!!!

Back
Top Bottom